Do you keep peanut butter in the house?

Options

Replies

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is a bit of a trigger food for me. Have any PB lovers out there found success in eating this in moderation? What's your technique? Or have you found it is best to just keep it away?

I keep it in a plastic tub in my underground parking space (along with out of season auto stuff like my scraper in summer or my windshield shade in winter). It is there when I want some, but I have to make an effort to go and get it
  • MiaLosmy
    MiaLosmy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I looove peanut butter, but I cannot stop eating it once I start, so I rarely get it.
  • BuddhaB0y
    BuddhaB0y Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat wrap, 45g sodium reduced PB and a whole skinned and weighed banana. filling meal when you are hungry, but it's got a lot of calories so only one!

• abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I keep both regular PB and PB2. I typically use a mix of both when using peanut butter, but the ratio of each depends on my calorie and fat needs (Really under my calorie and fat goals, I use more regular PB. If I want the PB taste with fewer calories, I use more PB2).
  • Linzon
    Linzon Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    Peanut butter is a bit of a trigger food for me. Have any PB lovers out there found success in eating this in moderation? What's your technique? Or have you found it is best to just keep it away?

I keep it in a plastic tub in my underground parking space (along with out of season auto stuff like my scraper in summer or my windshield shade in winter). It is there when I want some, but I have to make an effort to go and get it

That's what I had to do with chocolate when I was first learning to change my lifestyle. Now I have several bars in the pantry and they'll last me a couple of months.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I love my peanut butter, I buy it in half kilo tubs.
    Depriving myself of food or drink I enjoy isn't enjoyable or sustainable for me.

Think ahead to maintenance - are you going to avoid it for life or learn moderate/control your intake?
  • BuddhaB0y
    BuddhaB0y Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    abatonfan wrote: »
    I keep both regular PB and PB2. I typically use a mix of both when using peanut butter, but the ratio of each depends on my calorie and fat needs (Really under my calorie and fat goals, I use more regular PB. If I want the PB taste with fewer calories, I use more PB2).

Sorry what's PB2??

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    No, one of my kids is allergic...so sadly, no.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Yup. Pretty much always have a jar of PB around.

I don't have trigger foods though. The food itself isn't really the problem.
  • Spierce02
    Spierce02 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I use PB2. Its a powder peanut butter you just add water. I use it in my smoothies, on bagels, and sprinkle in oatmeal. It taste like pb without all the calories and fat. At the store we use it is in the organic isle. It's a must try!!
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    BuddhaB0y wrote: »

Sorry what's PB2??

http://www.amazon.com/PB2-Powdered-Peanut-Butter-6-5/dp/B002GJ9JWS
  • chenshaw86
    chenshaw86 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have just discovered my favorite go to peanut butter. It's powdered. Found it by chance next to the PB at the grocery store. 45 calories, 5 grams protein, 2 grams fiber and 1.5 grams of fat per 2 Tbsp serving. I mixed it up and tried it on celery. It was delish! I use it in my oatmeal to kick up the protein. Made by Bell Plantation and the label says PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter. There is a PB and chocolate version but I didn't buy it as only 4 grams protein. This is my peanut butter until I am at goal weight.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    scolaris wrote: »
    I keep it but I only eat it weighed & put on or with something... In other words, no eating off a spoon. That's one thing I noticed having other girls as roommates, ice cream & peanut butter are two foods people will mindlessly shovel in straight off a spoon and there's no keeping track that way. So maybe you need 'rules' around peanut butter and only eat it when it has something with it like apple slices, celery, prepped and ready to go.

Sure there's a way to keep track. I ate a whole jar of cookie butter (not at one time) by putting the whole jar on the scale, having an amount to eat in mind, and delicately shoveling it into my mouth until the scale read that amount. Or close enough to it.

• chenshaw86
    chenshaw86 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    BuddhaB0y wrote: »

Sorry what's PB2??

PB2 is powdered peanut butter. Give it a try. 45 cals!
  • mylittlerainbow
    mylittlerainbow Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    I keep it because I have grandchildren, but I eat almond butter myself.
  • xxgabriellaxxchanelxx
    Options

Sorry what's PB2??

[/quote]

its the bomb dot com. its powdered peanut butter with a fraction of the fat and calories of regular peanut butter. it also comes in chocolate and wow. its seriously amazing lol
  • cgolden1701
    cgolden1701 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Dont think I have a "Trigger" food. Its hard for me to not want a soda when we have them in the house. So we tend to not have many of them. However I do like the Coke Zero products so we try to keep that around when we do have sodas. But really no real trigger food that i can think of.
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter. I buy a new jar before I'm done the old one to make sure I always have some.

A neat little PB trick (or any nut butters, I guess) is to dilute it with a bit of milk. Like 2 or 3 tbsp of milk to 1 of pb, then heat it up in the microwave and mix. Doesn't dilute the taste, but gives you more pb for whatever you want.
  • 20Grit
    20Grit Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    always.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I buy the individual single serve squeeze packs of the Justin's brand PB or almond butter. A whole jar will be gone in a day lol.