I overate by 500 calories yesterday....

Options
....... and I don't care.

I think it's important to never feel guilty when you decide to go overboard once in a while. I am diligent and have maintained for over 2 years. Every once in a while I do this. I don't know why. Yesterday was a good day starting out. In the evening I went crazy eating.

I should note this was a conscious decision. I was well within my calorie goals and still felt hungry (probably because I started a new lifting program). I just ate like a gluttonous fool and enjoyed every bite.

Since lifting yesterday today will be cardio.

Life is good, don't take it to seriously.

Replies

• besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    pfft...amateur.
  • Shumbee
    Shumbee Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yeah, just two weeks ago I overate by 3,000! However, I felt pretty guilty about that.
  • dbrook1967
    dbrook1967 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Me too. But I didn't get a workout in yesterday. Spent my time at work and then with my son. I didn't over eat but went out to eat. Had some ribs and bread that put me over. Had I picked a steak or chicken I would have been either been under or right on track. And I don't care either. It was one meal.
    Did get a 3 mile 25 minute run and 10 minute walk in this morning.
  • speeno
    speeno Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    A little of what you fancy does you good :)
  • Alyexxa
    Alyexxa Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Better 500 now then 5000 later :-)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    besaro wrote: »
    pfft...amateur.

Seriously.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    JoeCWV wrote: »
    ....... and I don't care.

I think it's important to never feel guilty when you decide to go overboard once in a while. I am diligent and have maintained for over 2 years. Every once in a while I do this. I don't know why. Yesterday was a good day starting out. In the evening I went crazy eating.

I should note this was a conscious decision. I was well within my calorie goals and still felt hungry (probably because I started a new lifting program). I just ate like a gluttonous fool and enjoyed every bite.

Since lifting yesterday today will be cardio.

Life is good, don't take it to seriously.

This was me yesterday too! I figured I really needed the extra calories so ate a bunch of chips (500 calories). Had a lot of energy today and had a great work out.
  • JoeCWV
    JoeCWV Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    pfft...amateur.

Seriously.

Love these responses. The most important thing no matter the endeavor is to have some fun. I get to shovel snow today!!!!!!!! Whoo Hoo Let it Snow!!!!!!!

NOTE: For those of you who live in warm states snow is a cold white substance that falls from the sky in winter. It accumulates on everything. One has to use a shovel from time to time to keep this accumulation from turning into ice as it is compacted and melts in the Sun. Failure to do so may result in your falling down which hurts and if you seriously injury yourself you then must lay on the cold cold ground until rescue can arrive.
  • starbuckaddict
    starbuckaddict Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm glad this wasn't a post of you saying that you over ate by 500 calories and then were freaking out about it.

Sometimes stuff happens. sometimes you eat more. But it's a new day today and you have a good attitude about it.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    pfft...amateur.

Seriously.

Love these responses. The most important thing no matter the endeavor is to have some fun. I get to shovel snow today!!!!!!!! Whoo Hoo Let it Snow!!!!!!!

NOTE: For those of you who live in warm states snow is a cold white substance that falls from the sky in winter. It accumulates on everything. One has to use a shovel from time to time to keep this accumulation from turning into ice as it is compacted and melts in the Sun. Failure to do so may result in your falling down which hurts and if you seriously injury yourself you then must lay on the cold cold ground until rescue can arrive.

Shoveling snow is a pretty intense workout when it's dense snow. Ugh. I remember from last year! Lucky so far, no snow here (NJ).
  • nwppwn
    nwppwn Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    500 cal is nothing, go for a run!
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    I do it and add it to the next day. Allows me to eat pizza with friends.
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    I do it and add it to the next day. Allows me to eat pizza with friends.

Do you mean that you subtract the calories from the next day? I would find that a bit oppressive. But, to each her own.

• rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    pfft...amateur.

Seriously.

Snow is fine, I just wish it would get above 10 degrees. Even for someone from Minnesota, it's bitterly cold, and I have 70 pounds less insulation this winter.

Now that we have some decent snow here, it's too cold to go skiing :frowning:
  • kettlebells_and_cupcakes
    Options
    I ate a whole dominos pizza and had wine! Felt a little bad about it but I went spinning this morning and did insanity max 30 so feel a little less guilty ☺️
  • puglieseme71
    puglieseme71 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It's ok to go overboard once in a while, but if it's every day - then that's a problem!
  • valkc1953
    valkc1953 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You have to enjoy the "no no" foods once in while. If I thought I could never eat cake again I'd be a depressed nutcase.
  • CassidyScaglione
    CassidyScaglione Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    unavoidable sometimes.... I have a once a month "Go for it" day that i am calling the "Ate-th" lol. Usually i still land under or around maintenance.
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    Me too... this past Saturday. Had a stern chat with myself and went for a three hour hike on Sunday.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    Isn't that what maintenance is all about? Balance? You overeat one day…workout more the next or eat lean.. so on so forth? Not staying perfect each day… isn't that a diet mentality … yikes -- who wants to live like that.