I overate by 500 calories yesterday....

Options

Replies

• tracefan
    tracefan Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I think we all overate yesterday .. but I didn't even go to a Super Bowl party.. wahhhhh
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Super Bowl Sunday and I was 1,600 over for the day bringing me to 306 over for the week. I might gain 0.1 pound? Back on track today. Had fun.
  • griffinca2
    griffinca2 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    As long as you get back on the wagon it doesn't matter. I ate KFC (original) yesterday for lunch & dinner; I broke my wrist back in Dec and my hubby has been doing the cooking since then. We eat healthy most of the time so a splurge now & again won't hurt. It's about a lifestyle not a "diet" or a project w/an end date. B)
  • Randy_Ruminate
    Randy_Ruminate Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    yes, getting back on the wagon is key.
  • swim777
    swim777 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I had a weekend of it. Definitely not something I usually do...but three nights of eating what I wanted..not sure why, but back on track easily today... And I won't make myself feel horrible by looking at the scale right away. My biggest accomplishment this year has been to bounce back and keep on toward my goal. In the past I'd give up.
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Everyday is a new day. Just make certain you're within in your calorie range on most days and you'll do fine. I think we all overdo it every now and then, I know I do.
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    Okay.
  • bellabonbons
    bellabonbons Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Going crazy. Eating a lot of things you love in larger amounts. All my skinny friends to the same thing. One of my friends who is beautiful, always in shape, and normal weight: She is disciplined then once a year she eats an entire pound of Sees chocolates in one sitting. I know guys who are serious weight lifters who do the same thing. On cheat days they can go through a package of Oreos eaten all at once. I admire her for her discipline but an entire pound of Sees chocolate in one sitting ? I would get sick. Hmmm, now I want a Cookie. No, I want 5.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Love it. <3

I love having a special meal or day.
    It makes the food so much better.

I haven't logged since this time last year, and that was only a couple of months, and I weigh in only occasionally. Guess what? I am .2 lbs heavier than last February and no where near the top of my range.

Maintenance for me was all about throwing the MFP training wheels aside and free wheeling with confidence.

Cheers, h.
  • davidmcfarland1996
    Options
    It happens and isn't a problem to overdo it every now and then. Its just all about getting back on track the next day. I love what you said about not feeling guilty though, definitely agree!
  • glitterr0cks
    glitterr0cks Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I do it and add it to the next day. Allows me to eat pizza with friends.

I do the exact same thing! They say its about moderation, but is really about self control and if you have the will power, as I do too thia tactic makes it so one does not feel so guilty as long as its not extreme or over board.. #MathAtItsFinest #lol
  • Spiderkeys
    Spiderkeys Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I just like to look at that sort of thing as a "loan", depending how much you overate, you will pay it back by the end the week, decrease your calorie limit.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    500 calories is nothing. For example that is a serving of peanut butter and two graham crackers sheets and these are gone in about 2 minutes. This is not gluttony.

This a short run later on or the next morning if really worried about 500 calories.
  • punkrockgoth
    punkrockgoth Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    JoeCWV wrote: »
    ....... and I don't care.

Clearly. Which is why you had to start a forum thread. Because you clearly don't care at all. Not even a little bit and everyone needs to know.

You've sure convinced me.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options

Clearly. Which is why you had to start a forum thread. Because you clearly don't care at all. Not even a little bit and everyone needs to know.

actually
    its refreshing to see this type of thread rather than the usual " i had a slice of pizza what shall i do " or have i ruine4d everything"
  • punkrockgoth
    punkrockgoth Posts: 534 Member
    Options

actually
    its refreshing to see this type of thread rather than the usual " i had a slice of pizza what shall i do " or have i ruine4d everything"

While I agree with you on that part, I still stand by my original statement.
  • Dootzy1
    Dootzy1 Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Sunparakeet, I don't know if you are going to gain a pound or more of fat eating candy for a few days....... You might bloat and have a larger scale reading. When you return to your normal pattern, it should drop.
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Well over by a thousand today (roughly the four pints I drank). Oh well. Not too worried.

After A birthday party with 12 screaming 7 year olds, a few beers were needed :-)
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    You did well. I was over by 800 - and I'm very rarely over at all. My son was in the hospital, I didn't walk much, and we celebrated his coming home. I'm low today and the week will be just fine.
  • natashatetarenko
    Options
    vivmom2014 wrote: »
    I do it and add it to the next day. Allows me to eat pizza with friends.

Do you mean that you subtract the calories from the next day? I would find that a bit oppressive. But, to each her own.

I do that too! I will save calories during the week to attend a special dinner and be totally guilt free - don't judge it keeps some of us on track :)