Don't be that Vegetarian...

Options
12346»

Replies

• _aenyeweddien_
    _aenyeweddien_ Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    @777Gemma888 all I'm saying is that many people who eat meat don't give a single thought to where it comes from and how it gets to the shelf in the shop. Once they learn a bit about it, or see it, I'm sure many of them would make different choices in the future. I'm sure of it cause I used to be one of those people.

I think where I have a problem with vegetarians is the lack of end game scenarios that they want to achieve. Sure, it's nice to have this goal of "save the animals" but how do we make changes to keep a functioning society while maintaining our sense of morality. Like one person above posted about we'd be overrun by hordes of animals. It's true…if unmanaged over centuries. That's why we have legalized hunting now, to keep populations in check.

So we stop killing animals for food what we do with the growing populations of cows, pigs, chickens etc.? How do we control that population financially and humanly and how sustainable would it be for future generations. And when *that* population gets to be unmanageable what then?

When I pose those questions to people in person I get a deer in the head lights look and all I can say to myself is "Well at least they have a good heart".

I would also like to add if I may. I do agree with a system of balance. And I do have a huge heart when it comes to all creatures on this planet. It does break my heart to see animals harmed. Kinda hard not to especially when they look cute and cuddly. There is research being done now, and scientist are starting to learn a bit more about plant life. For instance I have read an article that scientist are finding out that trees have a nervous system and actually make "friends." Which also points out that there is emotions to plant life as well. We also know this through Dr. Emoto's water experiment. My question then is why is it ok for mass farming of plant life to be slaughtered, over animals? Just a thought provoking question. I feel like being vegan or vegetarian can be a great way to live from a health perspective. (Though I have never tried it yet) I have many friends who are vegan. I still choose to eat meat. And I always bless my food and the animal and plants that gave its life so that I am able to sustain my body.

That's what it all comes down to....We as a human race don't have anywhere near as much respect and appreciation for nature as we should