What's your favorite way to eat canned tuna?

Options

Replies

• bethw2016
    bethw2016 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    We eat tuna with a package of mr.noodles and mixed vegetables its good.
  • People33
    People33 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I make it with lite mayo, Dijon mustard, red onion, pepper- mix it with croutons.
  • lismerie
    lismerie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My favorite is with a tbs of light mayo, chopped veggies (bell peppers, tomatoes, onion). I'm loving these tuna patties ideas tho!
  • jgalvan1013
    jgalvan1013 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Chopped lettuce in a bowl, add a serving of rice, then mix tuna with a little mayo and pepper, throw that on top. Sprinkle a serving of those crispy tortilla strips (the ones for salad), then a squeeze of lemon.
    Fresh, filling, and about 350 cals. You can add black beans and avocado too
  • sisijamison
    sisijamison Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    like the cat, straight out of the can

lol best way too me
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    i can't stand tuna, but i make tuna patties for my husband. mix 1 can tuna with 1 egg, and enough bread crumbs to hold a patty together. add whatever spices you want. form into patties and pan fry.

that sounds great!!
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    I can see I've been doing it all wrong. I like most of the recipe idea's I've seen here and am also tired of tuna melts and tuna salad.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Cold: tuna salad with lots of pickles.

Hot: mixed into mac & cheese, or the hot dish you described (but we always used
    cream of mushroom soup, & I've seen people bake it with bread crumbs on top, or
    french fried onions... which aren't healthy, but are very tasty)
  • meadowlark42
    meadowlark42 Posts: 23 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I like canned tuna quite a lot. When I can I splurge and get the kind packed in olive oil, I like the taste and texture much better. Like the op, I actually prefer cooking canned tuna, though I like it cold in salads too. Here are two great recipes:

http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/pasta_with_tuna_and_capers_in_white_wine_sauce/

http://justbento.com/handbook/johbisai/tuna-soboro-with-ginger

The first is Italian style and cuts the tuna flavor with lemon and caper and garlic. It's one of my favorite pantry meals to make when I have no energy at all to go shopping. The second is Japanese, great over rice. It is mildly sweet with a touch of warm spice from the ginger. Both are very healthy, quick and easy, I highly recommend trying!

(Also, tuna noodle casserole was a very special dish of my childhood - my dad hated it, so mom would always make it for just the two of us when he was away on business trips. Good memories :) )
  • NeonStrikeVi
    NeonStrikeVi Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Mixed with some tomato puree, and stuffed into a red bell pepper with a little bit of cheese on the top.
  • keonwlsn
    keonwlsn Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    All of those are great!!
  • motterotter
    motterotter Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Tuna meatballs bind the tuna with bread and egg pan fry and then eat on tomato sauce and pasta or whatever sauce
    google recipes
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I like leaving it on the shelf at the store
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    When I'm in a rush, I'll throw a can of it together with some coleslaw and a little chili pepper. Perfect for when I'm running out the house in the morning and forget to pack a lunch.
  • Tnangaley
    Tnangaley Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Tuna with mustard, chopped celery and chopped onion on Wasa crackers
  • Janehds0284
    Janehds0284 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Thai tuna salad (my way)
    Tuna
    Lime juice
    Fish sauce
    Fresh chilli
    Red onion
    Mint leaves
    Shallot
    Coriander
    Tomato

Very low Cal if you use tuna in spring water.

Add vermicelli if you like, (160cal) but you will be full!
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Ill only eat tuna with a TON of mayo...like .5c per can. Mix in some chopped celery and serve on buttered toast.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    I use it mostly in sandwiches, salads, tuna patties, or tuna casserole. Recently I wanted something different and found this tuna stuffed tomato recipe on Bumble Bee's website and it is really good. I'll definitely make it again.

"Ingredients
    • 2 cans or pouches (5 oz) Bumble Bee® Tuna, drained and flaked
    • ½ cup dry bread crumbs
    • 1 tablespoon diced onion
    • 1 tablespoon diced green bell pepper
    • ½ teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
    • 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
    • ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
    • ¼ teaspoon salt
    • 4 large tomatoes
    Directions

Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut a thin slice from the top of each tomato and scoop out most of the pulp leaving a thick shell so that the tomato will hold its shape. Invert on paper towel and set aside. Combine tuna, bread crumbs, onion, bell pepper, tarragon, olive oil, pepper and salt. Stuff each tomato with tuna salad mixture. Place in lightly greased pan and bake for 15 - 20 minutes. Garnish with tarragon as desired."
  • NovaSur
    NovaSur Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Definitely a can of tuna on a bed of spring mix with feta and dried cranberries and a little balsamic vinaigrette. Or prepare tuna salad without mayo, i use lemon juice and a little balsamic vinaigrette then put lots chunks of pickle and bell pepper and spoon it into a romaine leaf and it it like a taco.
  • gamkc
    gamkc Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Tuna Burgers. We love them. A can of tuna in water drained. Sprinkle on garlic powder, dried onion flakes and small cubes of Colby jack cheese. Mix in some mayo. Fill a hamburger bun and wrap each individually in foil. Bake at 350 for 15 to 20 minutes. A can makes about 3 burgers. They are awesome.