Getting started on Keto

Hey everyone, feel free to add me. As of Monday I'm starting a high fat low carb diet in order to get into ketosis! If anyone else is doing the same I'd love some advice on how to kick things off

Replies

• MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited January 2016
    Consider taking a multivitamin for calcium, vitamin c, and watch your fiber.
    I am currently high carbs, and losing weight. Seems easier and healthier. High fiber keeps me happy. It's all about keeping below those calories.
  • ab6046
    ab6046 Posts: 371 Member
    I'm going to do the same thing starting either Sunday or Monday. I don't have much advice, but we can do it together! Adding you.
  • DelilahCat0212
    DelilahCat0212 Posts: 282 Member
    Consider taking a multivitamin for calcium, vitamin c, and watch your fiber.
    I am currently high carbs, and losing weight. Seems easier and healthier. High fiber keeps me happy. It's all about keeping below those calories.

I lost weight on high carb reduced calorie diets but I was always hungry. Keto works for those of us who need help with the appetite control department, especially if you're insulin resistant or diabetic.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Suggest you check out the main law-carber forums here on MFP. It is where all the ketofiles hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

It's a very supportive group with lots of knowledgeable members.