Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

eating 1 whole large pizza and still stay lean.

Replies

• harrybananas
    harrybananas Posts: 292 Member
    Op, just do you. If eating a whole pizza helps with your goals, that's all that matters. However you get to your health goals is pointless as long as you get there. Have an extra pizza tonight to celebrate your own success. No one deserves it more than you. Add 20 wings just for the heck of it too.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,163 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Shaking my head at OP who clearly claims to know so much and still confuses BMR with TDEE.

Shaking my head at all the poster than can eat a whole pizza in one setting, plus everything else. @rabbitjb how can you eat that much, don't you get sick? (honest question and not judging)
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    I'm shaking my head at an OP who is basically following a loose version of IIFYM and yet thinks that this is somehow different than, or superior to, counting calories. Also shaking my head at the premise that anyone who is counting calories is either eating nothing but Doritos and Twinkies, OR that they are following such a restrictive diet that they will eventually end up binging.

OP you seem to have a lot of preconceived negative notions about what it means to count calories. If I were you I would spend some time reading the helpful posts at the top of the forum sections...
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Gisel2015 wrote: »
    Shaking my head at OP who clearly claims to know so much and still confuses BMR with TDEE.

Shaking my head at all the poster than can eat a whole pizza in one setting, plus everything else. @rabbitjb how can you eat that much, don't you get sick? (honest question and not judging)

It wasn't that much, well not to me anyway ...I like tasty food...breakfast, lunch with pudding, dinner and a couple of snacks? Is that a lot really

Also maybe my whole pizza, from a proper Italian restaurant is different to the size you would expect...mine fit on a dinner plate :)

This is a google shot from the restaurant but has a hand for perspective

4186203756_fd6550c224.jpg

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    rabbitjb wrote: »

It wasn't that much, well not to me anyway ...I like tasty food...breakfast, lunch with pudding, dinner and a couple of snacks? Is that a lot really

Also maybe my whole pizza, from a proper Italian restaurant is different to the size you would expect...mine fit on a dinner plate :)

But that's a small pizza, not a large one. I've had a bunch of pizzas like this too... But I don't think they are more than 900-1000 calories as they are pretty light on the toppings (and delicious!). A large cheese pizza in most places is like 2300 calories... which I guess I could fit if I didn't eat anything else that day and had a good workout... but that doesn't even sound remotely tempting.
  • Sued0nim

But that's a small pizza, not a large one. I've had a bunch of pizzas like this too... But I don't think they are more than 900-1000 calories as they are pretty light on the toppings (and delicious!). A large cheese pizza in most places is like 2300 calories... which I guess I could fit if I didn't eat anything else that day and had a good workout... but that doesn't even sound remotely tempting.

In England we don't unnecessarily supersize much food ...to me that's a regular pizza :)
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    edited January 2016

Great looking pizza rabbit. If you ever make it to Rome, let me know and I'll direct you to a fantastic pizza place (or two, or three). ;)
  • Francl27

In England we don't unnecessarily supersize much food ...to me that's a regular pizza :)

Yeah I know, that's the normal size in France too!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member

I'm surprised you can't eat a pizza in one sitting. I'm not a big eater and I can.
  • Francl27
    edited January 2016

I'm surprised you can't eat a pizza in one sitting. I'm not a big eater and I can.

In the US a large pizza is 14 inches and 2300+ calories.

There are 16+ inches pizzas too...
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    http://www.blazepizza.com/ I could eat a basic pizza from here maybe 2-3 times a week and fit it in. I custom build it with loads of veggies and maybe some ham. About 750 calories for the whole thing. So filling.
  • Sued0nim

Great looking pizza rabbit. If you ever make it to Rome, let me know and I'll direct you to a fantastic pizza place (or two, or three). ;)

Deal :)

It's on the bucket list
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member

Yummy too.. I would have no problem sitting down eating one of these in a short period of time, heck throw in the garlic and cheese bread too.

And I would run afterwards, probably before too... I would not gain an ounce...

Is the OP for real?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member

Same here in Australia. Rabbits pizza would be classed as large here.
  • Christine_72

Holy crap! A large pepperoni pizza comes in at 1238 calories. Obviously way smaller than you guys, I couldn't eat a whole one though.
  • Christine_72
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,013 Member
    I ate a whole 14" pizza over the course of the weekend, it was dinner Friday, dinner Saturday and the last slice was a snack on Sunday. It was delicious. And also fit both my calories and macros. Seems a fairly sensible way to go to me, and no worries about binging or restriction. Oh, and there was nary a Dorito or Twinkie in sight. I did have ice cream though.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,163 Member

Nope, I can't. Maybe two slices is my max, and it has to be very thin pizza; since I don't care much for pizza anyway, that amount it is enough. I only eat pizza maybe two or three times a year if my husband is really interested.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,717 Member

Yeah I know, that's the normal size in France too!

I don't know how you foreigners can get full on barbie sized food! :)
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited January 2016

It's a regular pizza to me too, as I normally get pizza in Italian restaurants like that, and they don't come in sizes and are meant to be a meal or maybe shared between two.

From a delivery/chain place, large pizza is going to mean one that will serve a whole table. It's not expected (or common, IME) for one person to eat a whole one in one sitting -- thus Gisel's reaction.

Can't tell how big OP's is.

Not getting into the bizarre IIFYM>than counting calories thing. ;-)