Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

eating 1 whole large pizza and still stay lean.

longlostyeti
longlostyeti Posts: 27 Member
edited January 2016 in Food and Nutrition
People do ask when i eat 1 large whole pizza and still managed to stay lean? how the hell i do it? Its not a secret at all its just a mixture of Intermittent fasting/Fasted training/Weights. The way i do it when i know over the weekend im going to eat some copious amounts of food, i literally save all my Macros in the morning and only eat protein/veggies and watch my carbs and fat intake. Because you are saving that later in the day, that's how i am able to eat 1 large whole pizza or anything i like and still able to maintain and stay lean. Plus i only eat 2 large fulfilling meals, Try it and you will never go back to a traditional diet, but then again we are all different. It does not mean what works for me will work for you.
xvlyc52922y6.png

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    It works because your eating less calories than you burn. Nothing to do with fasted training etc.
  • cyronius
    cyronius Posts: 157 Member
    I eat one large pizza without putting on weight, and without any other dietary considerations, because I cycle commute to work and run every day...

It's all about the calories... Nothing to do with fasted training or the like...
  • longlostyeti
    I disagree sure you guys can say its about the calories. But for calorie is not a calorie, because I aim for nutrition and not just a calorie for sake. Plus i don't even count calories as long I know my BMR and how much Protein, Carbs and Fat I need and it will just fall into place. Depending on what my goals are. Again I know my body pretty well if I just sit on my *kitten* and eat like this I'll be overweight. And plus i treat this as a my 10% mini cheat since my whole weekday diet consist of nutritional foods to support my training and weightlifting.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    I disagree sure you guys can say its about the calories. But for calorie is not a calorie, because I aim for nutrition and not just a calorie for sake. Plus i don't even count calories as long I know my BMR and how much Protein, Carbs and Fat I need and it will just fall into place. Depending on what my goals are. Again I know my body pretty well if I just sit on my *kitten* and eat like this I'll be overweight. And plus i treat this as a my 10% mini cheat since my whole weekday diet consist of nutritional foods to support my training and weightlifting.

A calorie is a calorie, it is all it can be. It a unit of energy used by the body. Think about a gram is a gram, it can't be something else just because your weighing apples instead of ice cream.

And if you are tracking carbs/Proteins/fats then you are watching your calories you just might not realise it.
    1 gram of protein =4 calories
    1 gram of carbs =4 calories
    1 gram of fat =9 calories

Fasted works outs aren't proven to do anything more than non fasted. And only eating two meals a day means nothing either, you can eat your calories in one sitting or spread it out over 6 meals, personal choice really and finding what works for you. It all comes down to the amount of calories you take in vs the amount you burn.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    edited January 2016
    Calories are units of energy - not units of nutrition.
    By definition they are identical.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Yes, although Pizza's bad combination of high carbs with high fat, is about the worst food combination there is.
  • longlostyeti
    People are still in the notion of counting calories because we are bombarded by the media that to loose weight you have to watch and count your calories. But In my own experience it will just lead to bad habits like binge eating and depriving yourself. Especially who categorize food as clean food and bad foods. In reality there is no such thing. You can eat whatever you want as long you know how much macro nutrients that your body needs and in moderation. Again this works for me and it does not mean it will work for anyone. If you like to count your calories and its working for you go continue to do it.
  • longlostyeti
    And yes they are identical in meaning. And yes I do know the basic, but I just dont see it that way. And for fasted training? How did you know it does not work for some people? Do you have the data that supports that argument? And who says eating two meals matters? I just said that because it helps me and its just a preference for me. And as you may notice by now I just don't like the word calories.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member

You realize that a macro plan is just another way to count calories, right?
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    And yes they are identical in meaning. And yes I do know the basic, but I just dont see it that way. And for fasted training? How did you know it does not work for some people? Do you have the data that supports that argument? And who says eating two meals matters? I just said that because it helps me and its just a preference for me. And as you may notice by now I just don't like the word calories.

http://alanaragon.com/myths-under-the-microscope-part-2-false-hopes-for-fasted-cardio.html

Here is a link for you, the nitty gritty links are at the bottom of the article.

And I disagree that we are bombarded by the media to calorie count. I wish that were true, we get told to follow, low carb, zero sugar, low fat, soup diets, grapefruits diets and all matter of woo based carp.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,013 Member
    Fat = 9 cal per gram.
    Protein = 4 cal per gram.
    Carbs = 4 cal per gram.

Counting macros IS counting calories.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member

http://alanaragon.com/myths-under-the-microscope-part-2-false-hopes-for-fasted-cardio.html

Here is a link for you, the nitty gritty links are at the bottom of the article.

And I disagree that we are bombarded by the media to calorie count. I wish that were true, we get told to follow, low carb, zero sugar, low fat, soup diets, grapefruits diets and all matter of woo based carp.

The only time I really hear calorie counting talked about in the media is in the form of really negative messaging about what a pain it is or how it doesn't work (because sugars or whatever).
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld

The only time I really hear calorie counting talked about in the media is in the form of really negative messaging about what a pain it is or how it doesn't work (because sugars or whatever).

You just hit the nail on the head! I never read about how it is the only scientifically proven way to lose weight, or that you can eat every food type you like only less of it etc.
    I just don't get why the governments of the Western world aren't shouting it from the roof tops. You'd think they'd have a vested interest.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited January 2016
    It works because your eating less calories than you burn. Nothing to do with fasted training etc.

I had one whole pizza yesterday too ..anchovies, black olive and capers on sourdough ..yum

I also had a chicken cacciatore and rice for lunch and smoked salmon and cream cheese for breakfast and ice cream and biscuits and snacks

the extra piece of chocolate tipped me over my calories target by 50 calories and my macros were perfectly on point

I will admit to a fasted workout but only because it's January and I wanted to miss the weekend rush at the gym
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    rabbitjb wrote: »

I had one whole pizza yesterday too ..anchovies, black olive and capers on sourdough ..yum

I also had a chicken cacciatore and rice for lunch and smoked salmon and cream cheese for breakfast and ice cream and biscuits and snacks

the extra piece of chocolate tipped me over my calories target by 50 calories and my macros were perfectly on point

I will admit to a fasted workout but only because it's January and I wanted to miss the weekend rush at the gym

Sounds lovely, esp the pizza and ice cream!

I eat a whole pizza at least once a month, normally drizzled with chilli oil but hey, it fits my calorie goals.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Shaking my head at OP who clearly claims to know so much and still confuses BMR with TDEE.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    I also occasionally eat a whole pizza. The reason I can do this without gaining is because of calories. I do it when I have enough calories left for it.
    Counting macros is counting calories basically.
    There's no magic to fasted training.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Fat = 9 cal per gram.
    Protein = 4 cal per gram.
    Carbs = 4 cal per gram.

Counting macros IS counting calories.

This!!
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member

You may not like the word "calories" but they are in everything we eat. Do your preference, of course, but it could be a real disaster for others to try it.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,626 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Shaking my head at OP who clearly claims to know so much and still confuses BMR with TDEE.

shhhh you'll confuse them even more...... lololol