Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

eating 1 whole large pizza and still stay lean.

Replies

• larali1980
    larali1980 Posts: 162 Member
    When I was in college I ate a whole pizza on several occasions. I was a size 0. Yes, it is true.

Then I got older and had kids and stuff. My metabolism changed. I was put on meds which had a side effect of weight gain. I was also much less active.

Problem is, my eating habits had NOT changed. Now I'm dealing with that.
  • longlostyeti
    longlostyeti Posts: 27 Member
    Yes tracking macros is counting calorie. I just dont use that word. And correction I'm not doing just hiit cardio I'm doing fasted weight training and just minimal cardio.
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    I eat lots of pizza too and stay lean. How do I do it? I eat less than I burn. Then I fill up the missing macro/nutrient numbers using the MFP diary. Works well for me.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,072 Member
    I disagree sure you guys can say its about the calories. But for calorie is not a calorie, because I aim for nutrition and not just a calorie for sake. Plus i don't even count calories as long I know my BMR and how much Protein, Carbs and Fat I need and it will just fall into place. Depending on what my goals are.

By that logic, nutrition is not nutrition. Pizza is not pizza. Protein is not protein. Training is not training.
    Again I know my body pretty well if I just sit on my *kitten* and eat like this I'll be overweight. And plus i treat this as a my 10% mini cheat since my whole weekday diet consist of nutritional foods to support my training and weightlifting.

Of course, because you would then be changing the "calories-out" side of the calories-in/calories-out equation.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,013 Member
    Yes tracking macros is counting calorie. I just dont use that word. And correction I'm not doing just hiit cardio I'm doing fasted weight training and just minimal cardio.

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck.... refusing to call it what it is is utterly illogical, but if that's what you want to do in your own head, so be it. But to then insist that your way is right, and better than others is nonsense.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    It works because your eating less calories than you burn. Nothing to do with fasted training etc.

I had one whole pizza yesterday too ..anchovies, black olive and capers on sourdough ..yum

I also had a chicken cacciatore and rice for lunch and smoked salmon and cream cheese for breakfast and ice cream and biscuits and snacks

the extra piece of chocolate tipped me over my calories target by 50 calories and my macros were perfectly on point

I will admit to a fasted workout but only because it's January and I wanted to miss the weekend rush at the gym

I so looked to see if your diary was open. Teach me your ways!
  • longlostyeti
    Again we are all different it does not

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck.... refusing to call it what it is is utterly illogical, but if that's what you want to do in your own head, so be it. But to then insist that your way is right, and better than others is nonsense.

Because when i first started i didnt really enjoy the diet that was given to me and i didnt like it i ended up binge eating and just starve myself. And literally avoiding friends party because i already ate all my calories. And my coach was my friends friend so he didnt really teach that much but just gave me an excel sheet to follow which foods to eat and what not to eat. (Which btw it worked for me because he did all the calculations for me.) The more i got into to it seriously i had to find a better way to sustain my weight lost and still enjoy life.

I know its the same meaning i just dont like using the word calories because some people are already confused with this thing. Like its all the secret to loosing weight and its all about the calories and not concentrating on the nutrition part of it and learning how to read food labels. Now im not saying to look at every food labels, what my point here is that i am more into nutritional aspect of the food rather than the calories of it.

Sure you can say calories in and calories out and loose weight on eating Doritos and Twinkies all day, but what nutrition do you get from it? Again im not saying to deprive yourself from it we just have to eat them in moderation. For me on weekdays/workweek i have 90% of my foods are coming from whole nutritional foods to support my weight training and the other 10% i just eat whatever i desire, mostly are pizzas and pastries. I am lean enough and i have figured out whats my body's magic number either if im bulking or cutting.
  • longlostyeti
    oh an how do you check on someones diary? lol
  • longlostyeti
    Is fasted training in bold letters? it seems like people are hating on that too. But then again i like to be training fasted anyways. Just like intermittent fasting people are just not used to it, but then again i got a good results from it.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    I just don't understand why people who don't agree with counting calories and that calories matter, come on a calorie counting based site? On any other site that would be called something ending with ing.
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,398 Member
    I just don't understand why people who don't agree with counting calories and that calories matter, come on a calorie counting based site? On any other site that would be called something ending with ing.

I didn't come here to count calories at all. I came to ensure I was getting adequate nutrition to refuel workouts. The only real way to do that without making it more complex is to log food and by nature it spits out calories. I'd be fine if I could set it up to only track a few things and not give me a calorie total.

Some of the UA owned apps have a drop down menu for "nutrition" that leads people to the MFP site. I found it from Endomondo.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member

Because when i first started i didnt really enjoy the diet that was given to me and i didnt like it i ended up binge eating and just starve myself. And literally avoiding friends party because i already ate all my calories. And my coach was my friends friend so he didnt really teach that much but just gave me an excel sheet to follow which foods to eat and what not to eat. (Which btw it worked for me because he did all the calculations for me.) The more i got into to it seriously i had to find a better way to sustain my weight lost and still enjoy life.

I know its the same meaning i just dont like using the word calories because some people are already confused with this thing. Like its all the secret to loosing weight and its all about the calories and not concentrating on the nutrition part of it and learning how to read food labels. Now im not saying to look at every food labels, what my point here is that i am more into nutritional aspect of the food rather than the calories of it.

Sure you can say calories in and calories out and loose weight on eating Doritos and Twinkies all day, but what nutrition do you get from it? Again im not saying to deprive yourself from it we just have to eat them in moderation. For me on weekdays/workweek i have 90% of my foods are coming from whole nutritional foods to support my weight training and the other 10% i just eat whatever i desire, mostly are pizzas and pastries. I am lean enough and i have figured out whats my body's magic number either if im bulking or cutting.

Where did anyone post saying to eat Twinkies and Doritos?
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member

So your argument is counting calories is bad because it leads to eating disorders but you count macros and that is somehow better.

Logic fail.

(one can track both.)
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member

Where did anyone post saying to eat Twinkies and Doritos?

This.
    And to add - your original OP is all about adjusting your eating to allow you to eat an entire pizza. Some would argue that is just as bad as eating twinkies and doritos.

Many of us who count calories do the same thing - set and follow macros and adjust our eating to fit in what we like to eat as well.
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    fasted training is a personal choice. there are no major benefits of training fasted.. the whole fasted cardio thing that competitors LOVE is a myth - it doesn't make a difference!
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    I share your affinity for pizza. One question: what size is your pizza?

tcislo89c02e.jpeg
  • CassidyScaglione
    CassidyScaglione Posts: 673 Member
    I think you're on the wrong damn website if you disagree with counting calories... If you're just here to harass everyone who finds calorie counting effective then go away.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    People do ask when i eat 1 large whole pizza and still managed to stay lean? how the hell i do it? Its not a secret at all its just a mixture of Intermittent fasting/Fasted training/Weights. The way i do it when i know over the weekend im going to eat some copious amounts of food, i literally save all my Macros in the morning and only eat protein/veggies and watch my carbs and fat intake. Because you are saving that later in the day, that's how i am able to eat 1 large whole pizza or anything i like and still able to maintain and stay lean. Plus i only eat 2 large fulfilling meals, Try it and you will never go back to a traditional diet, but then again we are all different. It does not mean what works for me will work for you.

I'm glad you found something that works for you. Bad Things happen when I let myself get too hungry, so I don't do that. But there are many paths up the mountain and I realize what doesn't work for me does work for others.
  • longlostyeti
    this blew up really fast lol but then again its my preference and working well for me. and all of your views are good points. And yes i know counting macros it is counting calories.
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    That's bananas!