Getting drunk with the least amount of calories?

Replies

• summerkissed
    summerkissed Posts: 730 Member
    "Light" beer is low alcohol not low calories lol
    I say if it's only once in a while drink whatever you want pfffft one night ain't going to turn you into a blimp!!! I love my beer and drink it daily :) so I'm a bit biased lol BEER ALL THE WAY!!! I'm also Australian :smile: I'm never giving up beer!!
  • AshyAshy10
    AshyAshy10 Posts: 5 Member
    MGD 64 and vodka shots shaken with lime.
  • tmb910
    tmb910 Posts: 1 Member
    When I started watching calories I went from beer to vodka and soda water with a splash of cran and a lime major calorie saver
  • kaylamwaddell
    kaylamwaddell Posts: 1 Member
    I drink often over weekends with my friends. I have found that I really enjoy whiskey and water or vodka with seltzer. I have found this to be the best option calorie wise, as long as you like the taste!
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    i love dark beers.. porters and stouts.. and when i drink i just deal with it lol. I drink for taste not really to just get blackout so its worth the calories for me.
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    here is another thread with some low-cal alcoholic drinks.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/33352999#Comment_33352999
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    It probably all works out to be about the same amount of calories in the end. Even if you choose lower-calorie drinks, you're probably going to end up at Taco Bell stuffing your face on chalupas after you're sufficiently drunk enough to think that Taco Bells sounds like a great idea. If you want to get drunk, just drink the drinks that you enjoy the most.
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Vodka tonics lots of lime. Mmmmmmm!!'
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Following. Anything but vodka I'll take as a recommendation!
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    I drink tequila and soda water. Still losing.
  • DrifterBear
    DrifterBear Posts: 265 Member
    edited January 2016
    Check the alcohol content in light beer, it's way less so you have to drink more to get the same effect as 10 regular beers. A lot of the calories they take out in light beer is from the alcohol. You might find the ratio of ABV to cals is better in regular beer. All beer is going to have a lot of calories. I'd say your best bet is any kind of liqueur and tonic. with lime or whatever you like. You still have to be more aggressive during the week to save up enough calories to have 10 drinks. After working that hard, it'll still set you back 1/3 to 1/2 lb of weigh loss per week compared to having the same deficit during the week and not consuming what is likely 800-1500 calories.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Silly rabbit. Drink light beer. Same alcohol.

nope..a bud light does not have the same percent alcohol content of say a good IPA
  • 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 518 Member
    Gin. On the rocks with a twist of lemon. 115 calories in a standard pour.

I'm lucky that that was my jam long before losing weight. I make all sorts of drinks work (and my diary shows that!), but that's the best advice. The "skinny" margaritas without mixers at most places are decently low too, but I still feel funny asking for a skinny drink. Another tip is that you can use diet coke, coke zero, sprite zero, and diet lemonade as mixers too.
  • JQuinnLife
    JQuinnLife Posts: 102 Member
    Vodka, soda water, and a lime. Stay hydrated, get drunk, only 64 calories.
  • nonrg
    nonrg Posts: 73 Member
    edited January 2016
    average non-light beer - 170-200 calories
    1oz of 80 proof hard liquor, no mixer - around 77 calories

Beer is more fun to drink though IMO. I'm too old to sit there and do shots all night long.

Work the calories into your daily goal and you'll be fine. Drink what makes you happy.
  • hmichaud09
    hmichaud09 Posts: 66 Member
    If I really want to get a glow, tequila shots, Tennessee Fire on the rocks or dirty martinis.

• MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    hmichaud09 wrote: »
    If I really want to get a glow

I like that...

• maggieeric1
    maggieeric1 Posts: 55 Member
    Drink a shot of vodka gin or tequila or 151 rum . up. ( Squeeze a lime)

Have something with bubbles and no calories as a backer to sip. Bubbles help the alcohol get into your blood faster.

You said you wanted to get drunk.

Have fun!

• alittlelife14
    alittlelife14 Posts: 339 Member
    Drink a shot of vodka gin or tequila or 151 rum . up. ( Squeeze a lime)

Have something with bubbles and no calories as a backer to sip. Bubbles help the alcohol get into your blood faster.

You said you wanted to get drunk.

Have fun!

Didn't know that about bubbles. Cool. Will keep in mind! I like diet coke and vodka or tequila.
  • Sassystac76
    Sassystac76 Posts: 44 Member
    Grey goose marintinis, dry, straight up, olives
    With a side of water for sipping
    Plus when you make them yourself that is half the fun and the other half is sitting back and enjoying your fine work of making a delicious drink to indulge in.