Getting drunk with the least amount of calories?

Options
Alright, so this topic title might make it seem that I'm an alcoholic. Well, I'm not. I do occasionally like a drink, and once in a while, I drink a lot with some of my mates. When that happens, I'm drinking just beer. No other alcoholic drink.

I see beer is quite rich in calories. I know ofcourse that all alcohol is essentially bad for you and your diet. But if my goal would be to become tipsy/have a fun night drinking, what would be the best drink for me at that moment?

For example, on a normal night, I could easily drink 10 beers, and have fun. But, you know, those 10 beers bring a huge amount of calories.. If I would opt to drink some stronger drinks, would the calories be less?

Like, is there a big difference between 10 beers and 10 shots of tequila?

I am interested in your experiences with occasional drinking while dieting. If you drink, what do you chose? Do you drink at all? If I want to have a fun night, which drink would be the 'best' for me to drink?

Replies

• EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    little umbrella drinks
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I've never used the site, but I've heard good reviews about: http://getdrunknotfat.com/

I have found that as I lose weight, my tolerance (which was already low) has become very low.
  • Shesaleo18
    Shesaleo18 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I usually drink vodka lime and soda or yellow glen champagne the 1 that has 65 calories on the front (although if I'm drinking that and I actually want to get drunk it takes me a few bottles so not worth counting)
  • larali1980
    larali1980 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to quit drinking for various reasons.... I failed tonight (had three beers)... but I think if it is something you want to indulge in, then just budget your calories and don't drink too often. jmo.
  • SuperC_sa
    SuperC_sa Posts: 48 Member
    Options

I personally stuck to the light drinks, eg light beer, have some yummy beer out here that gives you all of the buzz and none of the bloat. BUT I still need to either eat less to get those calories in or move more to burn it off.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    There is no way to avoid getting well into 1000s of calories if you are considering that much alcohol. Your best bet would be shots of vodka, but still it will be about 100 calories per shot. And I doubt anyone ever spent an entire night out drinking 2 shots of vodca and sipping water in between and actually having fun.
  • Huge1993
    Huge1993 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Lol, I was afraid of these answers. I was hoping to find some drink which 1) is fun to drink 2) gets you drunk 3) is relatively low on calories.

But I guess that I just have to pay the price.

I'm the kind of guy who thinks drinking calories is terrible, I'd rather have a pizza than 8 beers. If only you could get drunk from solid foods, which are actually very nice to eat ;)

Guess I just have to calculate the calories of drinking in my weekly calorie goal.

However, I do like the idea of automatically lowering my alcohol tolerance while losing weight. That would be terrific. I'm a pretty big guy, and usually outdrink my friends with ease. I always saw it as a quality, but now... I would actually love my tolerance to be *kitten*.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Silly rabbit. Drink light beer. Same alcohol.
  • Hell_Flower
    Hell_Flower Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Tequila and diet lemonade.

Get drunk and happy for few calories.

Plus the hangover the next day will keep you from eating for ooooh....I dont know...for me it's usually up to 12 hours.

Or it used to be. Haven't touched it for a while though!
  • staticsplit
    staticsplit Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I go with gin and sugarfree tonic. I have a low tolerance for alcohol though--3 is all I need before I feel pretty tipsy.
  • JodehFoster
    JodehFoster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I do straight aged tequila w/ a glass of water in the side, sipping not shooting. I switched from beer drinking to this. The only issue I encountered, was learning to sip rather than pouring it down my throat like beer.
  • natalielosew
    natalielosew Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Not sure where you live, but in Canada we have Molson Canadian 67 calories a beer.. Most 'light beer' are still around 95-100 cal, so you would be saving quite a bit.. besides its regular "beer", it comes in Apricot as well as an IPA too!
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I hear vodka enemas work well.
  • lindsayh87
    lindsayh87 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Low calorie/lite beer or skinny margaritas. Usually I just try to budget my calories for beer or wine because I want to be able to sip my drinks and survive more than an hour like I would with doing shots to save calories. Do an extra work out that day, eat a little lighter (that will help get you drunk faster anyway!) or just leave a deeper deficit all week to account for the day you drink being a "maintenance calorie day"

I managed to lose over 20lbs and still had one night about every 2 weeks where I had a few drinks! Just plan accordingly and you'll do fine!

Oh and beware of your hangover cravings! Eating greasy food to cure your hangover will KILL your diet!!
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Low calorie beers are generally low because there's less alcohol, so you have to drink more to get your buzz on.

Stay away from delicious stouts and IPA's, stick to liquor, mixed with diet/soda/lemon or lime juice.

Or wine.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    Huge1993 wrote: »

Like, is there a big difference between 10 beers and 10 shots of tequila?

by this statement, I will assume you haven't been drinking long LOLOLOL

if you're going for the buzz or to get drunk, straight shots are the way to go (i really hope youre over 21 lol) - and are easier calorie wise but I'm going to give an average of 95 cals/ 1.5 oz or so....

if you want to drink MORE and NOT get drunk -target the light beers (110 cals/ average) or alcohol/ spritzer water mixed (nothing with added fruit juice or high calorie mixers).

my drink of choice for casual (not drunk drinking) is jack and coke (zero). if im out with friends and pretty much planning on getting drunk.... a few shots to get a buzz started quick, then light beer keeps it going and finishes the job.

i dont get hangovers.... so... cant help you there LOLOL
  • besee_2000
    besee_2000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I've done Diet Sprite and Tequila for years. I now switched to gin and tonics but now excited to hear of sugar-free tonic. I don't drink much and not knowledgeable but going out at conferences tequila is a bit of a shock value to others.
  • mgodfrey0202
    mgodfrey0202 Posts: 35 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Mix.

Mix beer with some very high proof drink and preferably with an agreeable taste. When mixed, alcohol does not "average out" or "diluted" but adds up. For example, instead of a bottle of beer, get a pint of lager and a shot of gin or something then mix them well. Or have a bottle of beer then drink a shot of something.

BUT!

Cutting off the amount for a while will also bring down your tolerance level and make you feel tipsy much faster. :wink: Of course, you will have to wait and bear the non-tipsy adjustment period for a while.

Edit: Oh. Forgot to mention one important option. You may want to pay a visit to doc's office and have your blood work done. Check your liver panels. It may help you with curving the appetite also. ;)