Getting drunk with the least amount of calories?

Replies

• finneyjason218
    finneyjason218 Posts: 166 Member
    Crystal light and vodka is a favorite among bodybuilders.

If you feel weird drinking that (and I don't blame you if you do), stick to whisky. 69 calories/oz so you can't beat that, plus it tastes great.
    I pretty much only drink whisky and wine these days.
    Wine to enhance the taste of food, whisky to enhance the taste of life. No other way to live
  • Huge1993
    Huge1993 Posts: 14 Member
    Amazing tips guys, lol. I'm sort of amazed at the creativity here, but then again, I'm also not that amazed :wink:

For me, I think I like beer too much to just drop it completely. I'll have to work it in my weekly calorie balance.
  • summerkissed
    summerkissed Posts: 730 Member
    eu8nwwcvhnxf.jpg
    I'll drink to that!!
  • nippsynoo
    nippsynoo Posts: 13 Member
    solution. drink so much you yak it up.
    JOKING!
    I was a big beer drinker, but switched to gin and tonic. My first one of the night is always topped up with wayyy too much soda so I can gulp it and get any thirstiness out of the way. I am always thirsty, which doesn't help when you are trying to leisurely sip a smaller, but stronger drink!
  • MamaMc3
    MamaMc3 Posts: 213 Member
    Captain Morgan and Diet Coke - I think it's about 80 - 100 calories for the rum. That's my favorite drink when I am trying to stay at a deficit. When I don't care, I like the fruity mixed drinks!
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    https://youtu.be/LQFmKPA-iAg

Jk.....don't do this.
  • William4MVP
    William4MVP Posts: 166 Member
    edited January 2016
    Just drink whatever seriously, make sure to eat something before ending the nigh and get some sleep. go to the gym fasted and do some cardio/lifting and fast for a few hours after the gym. this usually helps me manage those kinds of nights..
  • mferencevich
    mferencevich Posts: 29 Member
    I know Ale Asylum out of Madison makes a great IPA that is 218 cal. BUT 7.4 % ABV. So 2 or 3 vs the 10 light beers will save you calories and you get a high quality micro brew!...Prost! :)
  • embear2
    embear2 Posts: 31 Member
    This interests me, as I love Wheat beers. I will drink 3 on a weekend night and at around 250 calories a bottle it doesn't help weight loss. So I've switched to Southern Comfort & Diet lemonade. It's a lush drink, nice and light but low in calories. I allow myself 125 ml over an evening and I think that's around 240 calories. No hangover either.
  • karahm78
    karahm78 Posts: 505 Member
    Rum and Diet Coke! I love Malibu (coconut rum) and some guys make think that is too girly so maybe Bacardi or Captain with Diet. Or Tito's vodka and tonic with lemon or lime.
  • stevieb2309
    stevieb2309 Posts: 4 Member
    aggelikik wrote: »
    There is no way to avoid getting well into 1000s of calories if you are considering that much alcohol. Your best bet would be shots of vodka, but still it will be about 100 calories per shot. And I doubt anyone ever spent an entire night out drinking 2 shots of vodca and sipping water in between and actually having fun.

Vodka with diet 7up, diet coke or soda water and splash of cordial. double shot in a pint glass with ice bout 110cals and you won't drink as fast either and tastes unreal. That's the best your possibly going to get really. It's the next day that becomes a cheat day is the problem to me do haha
  • steph2740
    steph2740 Posts: 45 Member
    edited January 2016
    Gin and tonic or soda water with extra lime for flavor..not for everyone but it's better than beer or drinks mixed with juice that has tons of sugar
  • ayamagali
    ayamagali Posts: 167 Member
    I hear vodka enemas work well.

Aztec style ;)
    I've read an article stating clear liquors tend to result in less hangovers, and they happen to be the least caloric. However, as a little girl who can drink anyone under the table, 1000 cals of tequila is still 1000 cals!
  • Huge1993 wrote: »
    For me, I think I like beer too much to just drop it completely. I'll have to work it in my weekly calorie balance.

Yuuup. Really the only thing that has worked for me is switching to diet mixers, and just fitting things into my weekly calorie goal. I've pretty much cut back to drinking on the weekends, because it's the only realistic way that I can drink as much as I want on a given night but still have a weekly deficit. Which, you know, is probably better for me anyway...
  • GUARDiAN_GUiLD
    GUARDiAN_GUiLD Posts: 163 Member
    edited January 2016
    ayamagali wrote: »
    I hear vodka enemas work well.

Aztec style ;)
    I've read an article stating clear liquors tend to result in less hangovers, and they happen to be the least caloric. However, as a little girl who can drink anyone under the table, 1000 cals of tequila is still 1000 cals!

Hold up, you're telling us you can down 15-16 shots of tequila in one night? Daaaaaaaaamn!
  • summerkissed
    summerkissed Posts: 730 Member
    Remember beer well most beers are 99.9% sugar free!!!!
    http://www.beerthebeautifultruth.com/
  • xveer22
    xveer22 Posts: 93 Member
    Haha, I feel your struggle. I posted a topic like this also a couple of weeks ago.
    The best tip I got out there was make sure that every day the rest of the week you're planning to drink have a deflicit of at least 100 calories. And if you go do a workout the day you go out and make sure you have about 300 calories still available than in total you should be able to drink quite some without gaining that week :)

And yes, now I also sound like an alcoholist, but this is what I've decided to do.
  • xveer22
    xveer22 Posts: 93 Member
    Huge1993 wrote: »

Like, is there a big difference between 10 beers and 10 shots of tequila?

if you're going for the buzz or to get drunk, straight shots are the way to go (i really hope youre over 21 lol) - and are easier calorie wise but I'm going to give an average of 95 cals/ 1.5 oz or so....

Or he should not live in the US ;)
    Where I come from we're aloud to drink from an age of 18.
    At first it was even light drinks already from 16 years, but that went up to 18 as well last year.
  • teknosprite
    teknosprite Posts: 50 Member
    Vodka soda, with lots of lemon and or lime. My go to drink. Something to sip on, not shoot, but less calls than beer. Of course, beers can range in calories too, so looking into the cals of your favorite/frequent drinks. And yea, budgeting for the calories is essential. Saving them for alcohol and not eating hardly anything is not a good idea tho! Eat a little lighter and get in a workout. Or balance it out throughout the week.
  • maria0104
    maria0104 Posts: 64 Member
    Diet mixer and something strong like whisky, vodka, gin or cognac (but those hangovers are the worst).

You could try and grab yourself a bottle of Icelandic Brennivin. It will also have the added bonus of you never wanting to drink ever again the next morning.

We don't really have diet beers here in the UK like all the ones available in the US, but we love to drink, and generally to lower calories we seem to just switch to something stronger with a mixer.