I like my coffee like I like my men... less than I used to.

Options

Replies

• TheChrissyT
    TheChrissyT Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    yeah, soy sauce makes my hands puffy now
  • Rottiegrrrl
    Rottiegrrrl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I used to use flavored creamer, about 3-4 tablespoons at upwards of 150+ calories. Now I use skim milk or fat free half & half only. I'm fine with it since I've cut back on sugar in general.
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    I cut out sweeteners in my coffee too and now limit myself to 2tbsp of half and half per 16oz of coffee.
  • TheChrissyT
    Options
    I used to use flavored creamer, about 3-4 tablespoons at upwards of 150+ calories. Now I use skim milk or fat free half & half only. I'm fine with it since I've cut back on sugar in general.

I tried to use vanilla almond milk to make the transition nicer, but really I didn't enjoy it much more than I do straight black coffee.

Where else are you cutting sugar?
  • TheChrissyT
    Options
    brb_2013 wrote: »
    I cut out sweeteners in my coffee too and now limit myself to 2tbsp of half and half per 16oz of coffee.

This is totally off subject, but I think you have a lovely face.
  • faramelee
    faramelee Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I really want to like tea. It's not something I was ever around growing up, but it seems like people really love it. Maybe I could train myself to like it the way I'm training myself to like black coffee. And by training myself, I mean it's a lot like when I started running. One block and I wished I was dead. lol

I'm not much of a help on the coffee front. I've always drank (and loved) black coffee - dark roast, no flavorings. It's what I grew up with, and it's what I know. Of course, I've turned into a coffee snob because I seem to have snobbish tendencies towards such things - chocolate, coffee, food in general. Anyway, I am 100% with you on the tea front. I want to like tea. I really do. I keep trying to like tea, and I just can't do it. I want to die before I get to the bottom of the cup. Just like running - I would often rather die than the thought of running another [insert number of miles here]. Like I do with running, I continue to subject myself to tea hoping that one day something will click, and I will be in love. So far, no go.

Good luck!

Being British everyone thinks I should like tea, Brits think tea solves everything :) . I used to drink it black - hadn't had milk in it since I was 7 years old. Don't think I've drunk it since before my son was born - coming up 20 years now. Just the smell of tea with milk makes me want to gag! Since coffee gave me up though I drink Peppermint and Nettle 'tea' (not a real tea as @64crayons pointed out). Helps keep me hydrated as I'm rubbish at drinking water and 0 calories also it doesn't matter if it goes cold, it's still perfectly drinkable!
    Oh and I can't run at all - running despises me and (despite the fact that I love the idea of it) the feeling is mutual I'm afraid! ;)

• rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I'm not understanding where all the calories come from! I buy liquid or powdered creamer and use the serving size in my coffee cup, which is 60 calories. I then add stevia. TOTALLY worth only 60 calories. On days that I do not want a flavored creamer I use light coconut milk or almond milk. Again, barely any calories.
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I will also add- make sure you're drinking GOOD coffee, makes a huge difference!
  • MsLindaC2015
    MsLindaC2015 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have been a pepsi-holic and had just decided to try to switch to coffee. Bought Maxwell House Breakfast Blend Light hoping it wouldn't be too bitter because I didn't want to add sweetener. It's not bad but would still like to add something. I've heard adding vanilla extract or spices to the grounds. Anyone know of a particular spice or flavoring that would counteract the bitter taste?
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I have been a pepsi-holic and had just decided to try to switch to coffee. Bought Maxwell House Breakfast Blend Light hoping it wouldn't be too bitter because I didn't want to add sweetener. It's not bad but would still like to add something. I've heard adding vanilla extract or spices to the grounds. Anyone know of a particular spice or flavoring that would counteract the bitter taste?

I add cardamom, cloves, nutmeg, and a few peppercorns.
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I had no problem going black but I do love to froth some milk up really nice and thick for on top once in a while.
    or make it bulletproof
    <spoiler inserted there.
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options

Vanilla extract and/or cinnamon.
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    I got away from creamer when I kept running out and had to drink it without. I've been using two packets of equal in it for several years now. But maybe it's time I try to cut back on that too. Not because I think artificial sweetener is bad, but because I could save some money and have one less thing to get.

I like my coffee first thing in the morning.
  • TheChrissyT
    Options
    I like my coffee first thing in the morning, and then pretty much all morning and into the afternoon... lol I need to sleep more. I was telling my coworker about cutting out creamer and sugar because my coffee went from being like 130 calories in a morning to 17. She said, "I didn't realize there were even that many calories in coffee!" I had to explain that for most people there aren't, but I drink an entire pot every day. lol

I tried it with cinn & cloves, but I think I put WAY too many in. I did NOT like it at all. Like my dude when when I thought he was hinting he was going to surprise me, and the only surprise I'm getting is that he didn't do the dishes that I asked him to do. >_< ha!
  • brandnew222
    brandnew222 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Not being american I've no idea what cream is - anyway try put a splash of milk in your coffee. It makes it sweeter and not too many calories.
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Not being american I've no idea what cream is - anyway try put a splash of milk in your coffee. It makes it sweeter and not too many calories.

It's normally half and half, but can be a flavored creamer from like Coffeemate, or heavy whipping cream, depending on preferences.
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options

I add a splash of milk, too. Takes away some of the bitterness
  • asimms221
    asimms221 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I use stevia and milk... I could never give up the greatness of a well tasting coffee.
  • lexabeep
    lexabeep Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'm a food lover and of all foods,pasta is my weakness. I have to cut it out because I cannot just limit myself to one serving. I eat five. Ok I lie I eat the whole plate full and then anything that might be leftover. So I bought one of those spirlizers two years ago and try to keep with veggie replacements for the pasta.
  • Reemule
    Reemule Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I only have 1 or 2 cups of coffee a day. I tried cutting out sugar and creamer but then i didn't enjoy the coffee anywhere near as much so instead choose to have it how I like it and cut back elsewhere.

I rarely have latte's or cappucino's though and stick to Americano's now.