560lbs - LONG WAY TO GO - Who has my back?

Options

Replies

• la_donz
    la_donz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey Climbing Up, one month todau - how's it going so far?
  • Littl3wood
    Littl3wood Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi mate I only just seen this thread today but wanted to wish you the best of luck in your weight loss journey. Feel free to add me on here if you want to talk about anything.
  • weightaminutenow
    weightaminutenow Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you for taking that first step! The emotional/mental work is just as hard, if not harder, than the physical and you HAVE this! You CAN do it. I have 100 lbs. to lose and what I tell myself is that the time is going to pass whether I try to get the weight off or not, and I don't want to be sitting here a year from now, probably even heavier, wishing I had started a year ago! That mind set has helped me a bit. Good luck on your journey - I will be cheering you on! Add me as a friend if you wish - I haven't figured out yet how to do that.
  • luv2bowl6
    luv2bowl6 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    You got this!!
  • WiiWiiWii
    WiiWiiWii Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It's great that you've decided to change your life BEFORE something bad happens to your health. You can totally do it and you've got a ton of support here!!!!!!!! Good Luck! What diet plan are you following?
  • climbingup
    climbingup Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    WHEW! Today was my "worst" day yet but I was still under my calorie goal. My Buddy and I smoked 350 Chicken Leg Quarters for a church fundraiser. I was up at 3am with chicken on the smoker by 4am. Started the day badly with McDonald's (always a bad choice basically) The smoked chicken isn't bad and tastes amazing but the backed beans and corn on the cob is always tough. One thing that I cant "count" for today is that I was on my feet active all day, usually at work I'm at my desk 85% of the time. Weekends and days I'm off work are SUPER SUPER hard to log and I've done a pretty poor job doing so and I've got to improve. We are just SOO busy with church and couponing (LOL) and family that i almost have to sit down at the end of the night and try to remember (as i just did) what I had all day. I need to be logging it as I go.... Tracking where I'm at through the day... making adjustments and judgment calls based on that... Not on my 5 senses... MMM it looks good.... mmmmmm it smells good.... mmmm this chicken leg feels great in my mouth LOL and mmmm it tastes AMAZING give me one more... Seriously though I'm learning by trail and error that it takes constant thought. Bad habits formed over a lifetime don't broken in am month. It takes time.... I've literally set down a few times with a huge plate of food, or regular pop, or something crazy and getting ready to dig in "WAIT" like a light bulb comes on.... I'm not this person anymore!! I'm learning that I don't like the scale! I like to go by how I feel, how my clothes fit.. If I'm consistent and TRUE to myself the scale will do what I tell it... Its just a machine... I AM IN CONTROL! (But I am down about 20 pounds... I need to start measuring too, I've never down that!... on the last hole in my belt that I never used to wear because it cut into my belly so much it was TERRIBLE!) Long Story short... This Train is rolling... Get on board or get walked over.. :smiley:
  • silverarcheress
    silverarcheress Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    That's some good work, well done one your loss so far. It takes longer than you think for your habits to cement :smile:
  • Nixygirl
    Nixygirl Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hey Climbing Up, I've been on here for a month too. I started at 540-pounds and am down to 496-pounds in the first 20 days. I'd say a lot of that was water to start with but also my portion sizes were way too large before and I now eat about 1/3 of what I did before I started. I'm planning on getting bariatric surgery soon but my surgeon said I needed to be under 440-pounds before he'd think about operating on me. So I still have another 60-pounds to lose before surgery and then hundreds more afterwards.

Anyways, it's going to be a long slow journey, if you want a friend whose starting from the same place as you, then feel free to friend me :) We can motivate each other. I'm a Aussie girl, living in Sydney. I'm also a filmmaker and magazine editor. It'd be great to have a friend on here who's as big as me and has a lot of weight to lose.
  • endoqueen1
    endoqueen1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just saw your post. great start. Please add me as a friend. i too need encouragement. Please keep posting.
  • _SpookyKitten
    _SpookyKitten Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Lo
  • _SpookyKitten
    _SpookyKitten Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to watching you succeed!
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,263 Member
    Options
    "Get on board or get walked over..." LOL, love it.
    You can do this. The learning curve can be steep. It's not hard for some of us to gain weight, especially if we love to eat. Learning how much, which foods give more bang for the buck, etc can be all new territory. But you're doing it. You'll get there. One thing I did was to try to fix a few things I knew I was doing wrong (portion size/going back for seconds, midday snacking on foods that didn't fill me up, after dinner snacking) and I ignored the scale. For three months. I really didn't care at first what I was going to weigh. Just that my daily habits got better. The weight came off. There is more to go for sure, but I think that by not focusing on a goal number on a scale, I was able to really pay attention to my relationship with food more. That's just what worked for me. Some folks weigh every day and it works for them. Find what works for you and just keep doing it. Take progress pictures, take measurements, and in a year, you'll be blown away by where you are.

Clearly you've got this :)
  • Alysia82
    Alysia82 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Look at all this support you have
  • k8es
    k8es Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    How's it going @climbingup ?
  • climbingup
    edited March 2016
    Options
    50 Days - WOW how time flies.
    It is going great! I've lost 31lbs as of Friday 03/04/16. I feel soo much better already but can't wait until I look back on this in 6 months, then 1 year etc etc. I'm just taking it day by day, I've not been perfect but stayed steady and honest with myself. I joined a gym on 03/01 and was able to go 4 days last week. I had a DR appointment for a full physical and Blood work on 03/01 just to be sure there were no health concerns that I needed to adress immediatly or get medication for - I was nervous about the results because I've never had any bloodwork done or anything because I've always felt great and just wasn't ready to address any concerns that could have risen. Well now I want to know! I actally got the results back today from my Blood Work (Listed Below) my BP was good on the day of the visist 130/78 which the Dr. said was good. Dr said I was actally very healthy despite being very heavy and now was the time to lose the weight. They asked if I was interested in weight loss surgery, which I said NO, If I just stop being lazy and eating too much (Which I changed 50 days ago) then I will see results. Overall things are going great - Got a Clean bill of health - No Diabetes issues, No BP issues, No Cholesteral issues! Thank you Jesus!

Total Cholesteral - 128
    Tri - 90
    HDL - 38
    LDL - 72
    BP - 130/78

I'm rolling on - Next Goal is to be under 500LB's
  • bornblessed36
    bornblessed36 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Always remember that you Can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens YOU!! I'm keep you in my prayers. One day at a time! Press & Praise your way through
  • rldeclercq4
    rldeclercq4 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    "Thank you Jesus!"

Indeed. I've been praying every morning thanking the Lord for renewed energy and strength to get thru the day of limiting my caloric intake, turning down tempting foods and getting my butt to the gym. Started here at 367 in Jamuary and weighed in at 334 this morning. You can do it. My mantra has become "It Takes Every Day"

• climbingup
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Down 46lbs so far...feeling better every day!
    Eating right + exercise works!
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    @climbingup you are doing so well! Thank you for the inspiring update.
  • llbrixon
    llbrixon Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    You are doing great! Thanks for the update! Carry on and stay strong!