Do you have an everyday breakfast?

Options

Replies

• Caleanra
    Caleanra Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I usually have oatmeal with an egg mixed in, 2 cups water and a banana.
  • Dreysander
    Dreysander Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    My breakfast every day

1 package oat revolution steel cut oats and flax
    15 g chocolate whey protein powder
    100ish g banana

Mix the protein powder with a little bit of water to make a paste, then add it to the cooked oatmeal. A variation on this is vanilla protein + strawberries + sugar free strawberry preserves.
  • QueenofHearts023
    QueenofHearts023 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I usually have fibre cereal with milk and some nuts. Or I have rolled oats with milk, raisins, honey and nuts.
  • Sarahj_692
    Sarahj_692 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Depends on my work schedule, if I'm a morning shift, then I'll make an iced coffee with protein mix and chuck that in a shaker, and then grab a banana. I'll eat these while walking to work (4am).
    If I'm working later on them I'll make porridge (oats, water, berries, protein) and have that with a coffee.
    When I'm on a day off I'll eat something on toast, avocado or tomato maybe, because I tend to just graze at things throughout the day, so I rather have smaller lighter meals.
  • kamikazzy
    kamikazzy Posts: 2 Member
    Options

kami3006 wrote: »
    Peanut butter and banana sandwich is my go to breakfast.

I did a double take when I read this. I eat a peanut butter and banana sandwich everyday and we have the same name too. lol
  • charlaynem
    charlaynem Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    64crayons wrote: »
    One of the things I eat often is oatmeal with a tablespoon of PB, 1/2 a chopped apple, and a lot of cinnamon. I cook it all together, and the PB melts while the apples and oats cook.

• susannegreen
    susannegreen Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    1c plain Greek yogurt
    1/2c quick oats
    1c frozen fruit
    Honey or no cal sweetener to taste
    (I also like cinnamon in mine)

Mix all ingredients together in a container the night before and put in fridge. The fruit will thaw and add some moisture to the oats. Great quick breakfast.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    kamikazzy wrote: »
    kami3006 wrote: »
    Peanut butter and banana sandwich is my go to breakfast.

I did a double take when I read this. I eat a peanut butter and banana sandwich everyday and we have the same name too. lol

Heh.
  • karwowski1992
    karwowski1992 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    5 egg whites and protein pancakes
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    I have a thermos of coffee with a serving of half and half. I try to limit meals to the afternoon and evening.
  • Traveling_Kimw
    Traveling_Kimw Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My daily breakfast is a sandwich thin with 2 pieces of bacon and a slice of 2% slices cheese. My midmorning snack is a cup of grapes. All this is 290 calories and holds me well until lunch.
  • mznnz
    mznnz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal and a orange/banana smoothie
  • akboy58
    akboy58 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Two TBSPs of a natural peanut butter -- currently it's Smucker's Creamy -- on a low-carb high-fiber pita, plus lots and lots and LOTS of coffee, unsweetened, with 2% milk. That's almost every day. I don't often want a change, but when I do, or when I'm on the road, I generally go for poached eggs on buttered whole wheat toast, with a side of ham. Plus lots [etc.] of coffee.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Coffee with cream.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Most sundays I sautee up onions, chiles, spinach, then dump in a carton of egg whites, top with tomato slices and feta and bake it until set. I cut this into 5 pieces and that's my bfast for the week. I take it to work because it microwaves up nicely. Weekends I tend to skip breakfast or go the full bacon, eggs, pancakes, etc.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Best bowl of oatmeal EVAAAA:

91w5wbsijhjb.jpg
    • 40g rolled oats
    • 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk

-Microwave for 2 minutes. Add...
    • 2T (30g) fat free cream cheese
    • Sweetener, to taste (optional)
    • Cinnamon, to taste

-Microwave for 30 seconds. Add...
    • 3T (46g) liquid egg whites [NOT optional...it doesn't taste like eggs, so add it]

-Microwave for 30 seconds. Add...
    • 75g blueberries
    • 10g sweetened coconut flakes
    • 1/2 scoop (16g) PEScience gourmet vanilla protein [don't use a crappy protein powder - Cellucor and PEScience are king]

-Mix it uuuuuup. Top with...
    • 1T (16g) Earth Balance coconut peanut butter, or nut butter of choice

-Consume.

Nutrition: 488 calories [56c/16f/31p]
  • Dovekat
    Dovekat Posts: 263 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Everyone puts all sorts of fruit and sugar in their oatmeal. I can't stand sweet oatmeal, so I make it with low sodium chicken broth and add pepper and garlic powder. Savory oatmeal is the best! On weekends when I have more time, I'll slice up a bit of avocado and eat that with the oatmeal.

I do enjoy sweet oats but that sounds delicious I'll have to try it out TY for sharing.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    One more. Protein waffles.

bzxubvhfqh6i.jpg
    • 1/2 cup (53g) Kodiak Power Cakes pancake mix
    • 1/2 scoop (16g) protein powder of choice
    • Sweetener, to taste
    • Cinnamon, to taste
    • 100g pure pumpkin puree
    • 1 egg
    • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Mix ingredients with water until you reach desired batter consistency. Make yourself a hefty Belgian waffle in a waffle maker. Top with delicious things. Voila!

Nutrition (without toppings): 372 calories [40c/8f/33p]
  • tiernan12
    tiernan12 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Full fat plain greek yogurt with some fruit (Fresh, or cooked for 10-15 mins on the stove with a little bit of sugar). I use less if I'm using the cooked fruit.
  • kteej
    kteej Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Peanutbutter & fruit spread on a Van's Protein Waffle. Or - 1/2 cup cottage cheese mixed with 1/3 container plain greek yogurt, 1/2+ cup blueberries, and 2 Tbl granola