Anyone done the Wild Rose Detox

Options
kmash32
kmash32 Posts: 275 Member
Hi,

I am just wondering if anyone here has done the Wild Rose Detox before. My doctor (and yes an MD) has recommended I do a detox to help flush out colon and kidneys and it also helps detox the liver. There were a couple she recommended, all of which you can still eat on but your food is limited (basically no dairy, carbs, tropical fruit, sugar that type of thing) and you take the supplements. My trainer has used this particular one and really recommends it but I am wondering if anyone on here has done it. My biggest reluctance is the laxative supplement.

Would love to here if anyone has any experience with this one.

Thanks,

Replies

• kmash32
    Options
    Thank you for your opinion but I didn't ask about whether anyone recommends doing a detox, I asked if anyone had tried a particular one.

I have a lot of medical issues and this doctor has been the only one that has gotten me healthy enough that I can workout everyday and have a lot of energy now. She also held my hand through my entire cancer ordeal so I think I will trust her opinion on detox's first.

She out right said not do do any of the one's you don't get to eat and you only drink certain things every day because she says those are unhealthy.
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,039 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Who is your doctor? I'd like to know so I make sure to never user his/her services. Ever.

I'd also like the name of your trainer. For science.
  • kmash32
    Options
    Unfortunately, just because someone has a medical licence doesn't mean they're any better than the next person when it comes to woo. Detoxes are useless, unnecessary and at times dangerous. You're right to be extremely sceptical of something which has a laxative element. Laxatives ought never be used unless you are constipated and have run out of other options. They certainly don't 'detox', and causing yourself to spend hours on the toilet does nothing but cause irritated bowels and reminders of Johnny Cash songs.

So your saying I should trust some stranger on the internet over my doctor who has three different specialty degrees, family medicine, endocrinology, and gastroenterology. I think I will stick with my doctor thanks. And not all the ones she recommended have the laxative, but the one I am asking about does.
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    What toxins exactly are you trying to remove?
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Question: What toxin is the detox supposed to remove?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    So if you trust your doctor so much, why are you asking strangers in the internet?

And for that matter, if you trust your doctor so much, why are you considering your trainers detox instead?
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Your mind is made up to follow a path without any scientific basis. Enjoy.
  • kmash32
    Options
    Again, didn't ask for you opinion on detox's.

Also, you do realize that basically what she is recommending is an elimination diet with some herbal supplements. not fasting or anything crazy.
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    kmash32 wrote: »
    Again, didn't ask for you opinion on detox's.

Also, you do realize that basically what she is recommending is an elimination diet with some herbal supplements. not fasting or anything crazy.

an elimination diet is a completely separate thing. The goal there is to find foods you are sensitive or allergic to. starting an elimination diet by taking a bunch of herbs is the opposite of what you want to do.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Nobody here is going to endorse a cleanse because it's (probably) against community guidelines. This one, judging for the meal plan is about 1,000 -- and that's being generous in my estimations.

• SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    What does the wild rose cleanse entail?
  • kmash32
    Options
    CipherZero wrote: »

The kidney flush is to help with persistent UTI's and the liver part is to help with the fatty liver.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options

The kidney flush is to help with persistent UTI's and the liver part is to help with the fatty liver.

You failed to answer the very simple question asked. Don't feel bad, nobody ever can cite the "toxins" being removed by a dietary "detox" because it doesn't happen.
  • kmash32
    Options
    What does the wild rose cleanse entail?

For this one, basically I eliminate anything but certain lean meats (like fish and chicken), non-starchy vegetables, fruit (except tropical) and anything with dairy or added sugar from my diet for 12 days and I take some herbal supplements. I can even still eat eggs. Yes I would probably end up eating between 1000-1200 calories per day for this period.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options

Is that considered a kidney disorder? Because it says right on the website not to take it if you have a kidney disorder