Why do you hate Dr. Oz?

Options

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,979 Member
    Options
    I read every single night. Please do not insult. We are friends here. This place is all about supports and friendships. And maybe a debate.
    Agree. Many people want a quick fix.
    I also read You Staying Young - just a book I enjoyed.
    Colleges do not really teach about healthy eating. If they do, it would be a waste of money, since it's all in books.

Friends don't try to convince friends that Dr. Oz is a source of good information on health.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    What about when he talks about foods and the nutrition in them? Or exercises to relax? That's all known information. Not woohoo

ignore it all ..

• ndj1979
    Options
    He even talks about anti-cancer foods. People know not to think that this will prevent cancer. People are not that dumb.
    And I simply do not see him endorsing things.

if people were not that dumb then the fitness industry would not make billions off of electric ab simulators, raspberry ketones, cleanses, fat blasting soup diets…oh wait...
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    His opinion and guest list seems to be for sale to the highest bidder. That he manages to it entertainment for some is totally amazing.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,878 Member
    Options
    I rather like the show. It's entertaining. It gives me ideas on what to eat. Recipes. It reminds me to be healthy. I learned things like I need more magnesium in my diet. Yoga poses.
    For real information I read books or trusted sites off the internet.
    I don't think Dr. Oz is really a quack. I think he really cares about people's health. Wish more shows like that would be on TV (they are needed).
    What did he do or say that made you not like him? If people criticize him too much, no more health shows will ever come in the future. A lot better than MSNBC.

A question ...

Are you actually serious ... or was this thread started all in fun, tongue-in-cheek, a bit of stirring to liven up a boring afternoon. :wink:

• ndj1979
    Options
    I believe that Dr. Oz has made many people's life better. Not worse.
    And I hope in the future there are more shows that teach about health of your heart and nutrition for a long life. We need them. We cannot shoot this one down. Or there will never be anymore.
    Today, I believe he had a show about lettuce. This could remind people to go eat lettuce. He spoke about the vitamins, etc in it.

Granted some shows are stupid as heck. Especially when he has celebrities. I just walk away. I also disliked when he had that lady that can hear the dead (not sure why he does that).

so you think people need more woo woo shows like Dr OZ, so that they can be peddled more woo woo???

i think you need to go back to the drawing board….
  • ndj1979
    Options
    So much his shows had to offer on nutrients in food, heart health, blood pressure, cholesterol lowering habits/foods, he even explained intermitent exercise on the treadmil which I never heard of before him.
    So much he has offered in the past 2 years. I have not seen him push any supplements at all.

is that you Dr. Oz?
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    Peddling woo? What does he peddle? I have not seen him selling anything.
    The show also has guests like Dr. Weil, Dr. Rosen, and Dr. Furhman. And I learn a bit from them.

What you "learned" from them was probably nonsense too.

All three are woo merchants
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Peddling woo? What does he peddle? I have not seen him selling anything.
    The show also has guests like Dr. Weil, Dr. Rosen, and Dr. Furhman. And I learn a bit from them.

What you "learned" from them was probably nonsense too.

All three are woo merchants

The holy trinity of woo
  • carmkizzle
    carmkizzle Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I rather like the show. It's entertaining. It gives me ideas on what to eat. Recipes. It reminds me to be healthy. I learned things like I need more magnesium in my diet. Yoga poses.
    I don't think Dr. Oz is really a quack. I think he really cares about people's health. Wish more shows like that would be on TV (they are needed).
    What did he do or say that made you not like him? If people criticize him too much, no more health shows will ever come in the future. A lot better than MSNBC.

A question ...

Are you actually serious ... or was this thread started all in fun, tongue-in-cheek, a bit of stirring to liven up a boring afternoon. :wink:

I feel like that too...kind of like the girl who typed everything in italics (if you missed that whole thing, it was just plain weird) ;) .
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I read every single night. Please do not insult. We are friends here. This place is all about supports and friendships. And maybe a debate.
    Agree. Many people want a quick fix.
    I also read You Staying Young - just a book I enjoyed.
    Colleges do not really teach about healthy eating. If they do, it would be a waste of money, since it's all in books.

Friends don't try to convince friends that Dr. Oz is a source of good information on health.

This is smart right here. :flowerforyou:
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options

A question ...

The more I read, the more I'm convinced it's a troll. Nobody is that gullible.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »

A question ...

you'd be surprised. and you've never met my sister obviously lol
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    This thread makes my brain hurt.
    To the OP: Can you kindly explain your username???
  • carmkizzle
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »

A question ...

you'd be surprised. and you've never met my sister obviously lol

For me, in spite of everyone providing substantial evidence of his "peddling" ways, she's still trying to convince everyone to give him a break. Instead of saying "Oh, I understand" (because, there isn't much to NOT understand), she's continuing to say " Yeah, but...".

Yeah, but...no.
  • carmkizzle
    Options
    This thread makes my brain hurt.
    To the OP: Can you kindly explain your username???

Hahaha!
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    Edgar_Allan_Poe_2_retouched_and_transparent_bg.png
  • Garthweightlosspal
    Garthweightlosspal Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Because he is a con-artist, all he does is try and sell gimicks that will never work.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I feel like we're being played around with here.

OP has been given link after link full of evidence that includes his own admission that he's a fraud...yet she's still white knighting him and the BS he's spouted by claiming it's still good advice and he's a reliable source of info.

:indifferent:
  • finneyjason218
    finneyjason218 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I mostly hate him, because he lies for money. Less than 50% of his recommendations had actual scientific research to back them up, yet he was more than willing to profit off of the gullible and the credulous. Sure, people should be smarter, but real doctors continue to rank among the most trusted group of people in America, so to parade as though he were a real doctor (you know, with degrees), giving real medical advice (you know, from things that you learned), is morally contemptible.
This discussion has been closed.