Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Is this a fitness app, or dating site?

Replies

• JeffreyMGiron
    JeffreyMGiron Posts: 3,582 Member
    jlisa24 wrote: »
    JeffreyMG wrote: »
    I'm totally on here to date everyone thats why i have so many friends...its a fitness site, the chit chat is to entertain at most. If anyone from Maryland wants to go on a running date with me thats totally cool with me.

I'd take up a running date over the occasional ONS messages I get from men who live relatively close to me. Havent they heard of tinder?!

Running dates are simple, we run we run, then we say bye and go home and cuddle a lone in our beds tired then we can do it again some other time haha, life is simple sometimes

I don't run with men (other than when i was with my stupid ex), I mostly have female running / gym buddies... other than the gym randos who I have gotten to know.

I think you have inspired me to find male running dates!

Lol, Awesome!, i like to run alone most of the time, since I'm doing running to reach a goal. Once i start pacing my runs a little better ill start finding someone to go run with if it matters, but really i just crank my music and go.

I typically run alone too, depending on my goal - distance / half or speed training etc. But its fun to rub with friends at an easy pace. Would be about 63% better if it were a good looking man. Just saying lol

ahaah! Rub with friends? yeah i guess that makes it easier idk hahaha....i guess a good looking guy would inspire you to run faster to him? would he have to be faster than you? im thinking that's the only way that works.

Haha rub my friends... didnt even catch that typo!

Sure if he was faster he could help me pick up my pace. Or he could just leisurely jog next to me while I looked at his pretty face... and sweet a**. (Because, apparently, he would have a good butt. Obvi)

oh right, haha youre crazy but funny i like that...you inspire me to find some cute girls to run with so i can do the same, totally wont be creepy right?
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,386 Member
    ]

Coming soon to Chit Chat.

Would you rub with the poster above, and if so would it hurt your running pace?

• jenmar222
    jenmar222 Posts: 9,279 Member
    Finally the question is posed! No one has ever made a thread to ask this question before!
  • jenmar222
    jenmar222 Posts: 9,279 Member
    edited January 2016
    Has there been any real "dates" as a result of being on this site??

There is a couple who met on here and got married. Neither of them are on my FL, but they're out there.

And someone on my FL met a long-term boyfriend on here.

It happens :joy::joy:
  • JeffreyMGiron
    im going to sleep ill read this chat tomorrow, i better see some entertaining stuff.
  • jlisa24
    jlisa24 Posts: 305 Member
    I'm totally on here to date everyone thats why i have so many friends...its a fitness site, the chit chat is to entertain at most. If anyone from Maryland wants to go on a running date with me thats totally cool with me.

I'd take up a running date over the occasional ONS messages I get from men who live relatively close to me. Havent they heard of tinder?!

Running dates are simple, we run we run, then we say bye and go home and cuddle a lone in our beds tired then we can do it again some other time haha, life is simple sometimes

I don't run with men (other than when i was with my stupid ex), I mostly have female running / gym buddies... other than the gym randos who I have gotten to know.

Lol, Awesome!, i like to run alone most of the time, since I'm doing running to reach a goal. Once i start pacing my runs a little better ill start finding someone to go run with if it matters, but really i just crank my music and go.

I typically run alone too, depending on my goal - distance / half or speed training etc. But its fun to rub with friends at an easy pace. Would be about 63% better if it were a good looking man. Just saying lol

ahaah! Rub with friends? yeah i guess that makes it easier idk hahaha....i guess a good looking guy would inspire you to run faster to him? would he have to be faster than you? im thinking that's the only way that works.

Sure if he was faster he could help me pick up my pace. Or he could just leisurely jog next to me while I looked at his pretty face... and sweet a**. (Because, apparently, he would have a good butt. Obvi)

oh right, haha youre crazy but funny i like that...you inspire me to find some cute girls to run with so i can do the same, totally wont be creepy right?

The funny runners are the best. I have a group of friends and when we run events together our team name is We've Got the Runs.

You definitely need cute, funny, girl running friends! Not creepy at all. If you're on IG- also a part of the social running group #werunsocial
  • JeffreyMGiron

The funny runners are the best. I have a group of friends and when we run events together our team name is We've Got the Runs.

You definitely need cute, funny, girl running friends! Not creepy at all. If you're on IG- also a part of the social running group #werunsocial

Im very anti-social IRL because im very shy lol, I have my group of friends that workout but they all lift weights, im the only Runner...i will keep that in mind because i do have Insta but i like to keep to myself. It makes it easier for me and doesnt give me anymore responsibilities to meet up anywhere haha.
  • BunnyBomb
    BunnyBomb Posts: 143 Member

I really need to stop skim reading first thing in the morning with tired eyes. I read the above post and picked up the below version...then sat laughing like a giggly teenager for 10 mins...
    i can keep up... depending on the weather, these cold days i barley can stand... on days where its really cold im in between 7-8... once spring hits i will see how long i can withhold... all my friends think im crazy, and i do get some crazy looks out there haha

Kill me now please lol :blush:
  • jlisa24
    BunnyBomb wrote: »
    I really need to stop skim reading first thing in the morning with tired eyes. I read the above post and picked up the below version...then sat laughing like a giggly teenager for 10 mins...
    i can keep up... depending on the weather, these cold days i barley can stand... on days where its really cold im in between 7-8... once spring hits i will see how long i can withhold... all my friends think im crazy, and i do get some crazy looks out there haha

Hahaha omg thats hilarious out of context!!!
  • jeremyn772016
    jeremyn772016 Posts: 15 Member
    This is the first time I've ever seen so many "say something about the person above" posts!!! Is this the new trend now or is it just here in this app?
  • JeffreyMGiron
    BunnyBomb wrote: »

Hahaha omg thats hilarious out of context!!!

with this being said i will go to sleep for real this time~ I just understood what she meant...bwahahaha
  • jlisa24

Im very anti-social IRL because im very shy lol, I have my group of friends that workout but they all lift weights, im the only Runner...i will keep that in mind because i do have Insta but i like to keep to myself. It makes it easier for me and doesnt give me anymore responsibilities to meet up anywhere haha.

Well, shoot. I'm the opposite. Really social (it's probably obvious and translates on here also)

Well if you're private on your IG I get it, thats okay! The we run social group is across the US (or world potentially), but have meet ups before big runs - run disney, LA /SD / OC / NYC / Boston marathons and tons of other events where lots of us will be running. Its fun to follow if you wanted to you never have to actually meet but its fun and inspiring - we all connect mostly through social media.
  • Mavrick_RN
    Mavrick_RN Posts: 439 Member
    This is the first time I've ever seen so many "say something about the person above" posts!!! Is this the new trend now or is it just here in this app?

I see you noticed too. It's utterly stupid. It must be all the time spent on electronic devices causing the brain damage.
  • thatkellygirl19
    thatkellygirl19 Posts: 187 Member
    Couldn't tell by all these "rate me" posts!
    Back to my cardio sesh lol

After your cardio sesh, how about I buy you a protein shake? ;)

:o
  • madmags
    madmags Posts: 1,340 Member
    Its every site that has an option to talk to some one else. I know people who have met their significant others on a lot of different sites, that are not dating sites.
  • thehexenbiest
    thehexenbiest Posts: 114 Member
    I used to be a member here before and back then, I remember people posting serious stuff, even politival things, but you could actually count down the seconds until those threads crashed and burned. I guess people are trying to tread on safer ground now. However, I wish they'd separate the forums for fun / games and chit chat. I don't particularly mind those threads, whatever floats your boat really, but scrolling past them to see other things can be a pain.
  • KD454
    KD454 Posts: 1,548 Member
    I don't know people....I have personally met my cyber GF, cyber wife, and cyber mistress on MFP Chit Chat threads....who cares about the fitness?
  • srv524
    srv524 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Common interests. Some people have fitness as a common interest, they build upon that common interest into a relationship/more. Same as a D&D website, same as a bookworm website, same as a gardening website.
  • Markdjones83
    Markdjones83 Posts: 852 Member

After your cardio sesh, how about I buy you a protein shake? ;)

:o

giphy.gif
  • _HunterKiller_
    _HunterKiller_ Posts: 545 Member

Mainly fitness. What are you doing tonight? ;) lol