I just ate an entire box of Girl Scout cookies. Help!

Options

Replies

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    auddii wrote: »
    _Terrapin_ wrote: »
    i feel deprived that i have NO CLUE what tim tams ARE
    I was wondering up thread what they are. They sound evil...so deprived=temptation makes sense.

"A Tim Tam is composed of two layers of chocolate malted biscuit, separated by a light chocolate cream filling, and coated in a thin layer of textured chocolate."

They come in a bunch of different flavours, too, including white choc, dark choc, chewy caramel, salted caramel, red velvet, raspberry, double coat, and various limited edition flavours.

tim-tams.jpg?e8481e

Even better:

"The Tim Tam Slam (also known as the Tim Tam Shotgun, Tim Tam Bomb, Tim Tam Explosion and Tim Tam Suck) is the practice of drinking a hot beverage through a Tim Tam. Opposite corners of the Tim Tam are bitten off, one end is submerged in the beverage, and the beverage sucked through the biscuit - as though the Tim Tam itself is a straw. The crisp interior biscuit is eventually softened and the outer chocolate coating begins to melt, at which point the biscuit is eaten. "

Got it. But why isn't company called yestheyare instead of arnott?

That one took me longer than it should have; it's almost time for beer.

What? What time zone are you in? I've had a head start!

Ha, central, but I had an alumni steering committee meeting. And it was important; we're planning a brewery takeover.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    i feel deprived that i have NO CLUE what tim tams ARE
    I was wondering up thread what they are. They sound evil...so deprived=temptation makes sense.

"A Tim Tam is composed of two layers of chocolate malted biscuit, separated by a light chocolate cream filling, and coated in a thin layer of textured chocolate."

They come in a bunch of different flavours, too, including white choc, dark choc, chewy caramel, salted caramel, red velvet, raspberry, double coat, and various limited edition flavours.

tim-tams.jpg?e8481e

Even better:

"The Tim Tam Slam (also known as the Tim Tam Shotgun, Tim Tam Bomb, Tim Tam Explosion and Tim Tam Suck) is the practice of drinking a hot beverage through a Tim Tam. Opposite corners of the Tim Tam are bitten off, one end is submerged in the beverage, and the beverage sucked through the biscuit - as though the Tim Tam itself is a straw. The crisp interior biscuit is eventually softened and the outer chocolate coating begins to melt, at which point the biscuit is eaten. "

Got it. But why isn't company called yestheyare instead of arnott?

That one took me longer than it should have; it's almost time for beer.

What? What time zone are you in? I've had a head start!

Ha, central, but I had an alumni steering committee meeting. And it was important; we're planning a brewery takeover.

Cheers to Central and tap takeovers!!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Or buy a box take them to the bathroom and soak them really good and throw them out.

[yoovieblink.gif]
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Or you could do what the Hubster and I do, which is never eat the last box because we're sad it's the last box and then forget about them until next year!

Surprise cookies are the best cookies.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Or buy a box take them to the bathroom and soak them really good and throw them out.

bjytcb5md2rp.gif
  • kennedymurp
    kennedymurp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the beer snobbery. It all tastes gross. I also don't understand the implication that craft beer makes you cultured or something. Especiallly cause the majority of these people have never been outside their own country.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the beer snobbery. It all tastes gross. I also don't understand the implication that craft beer makes you cultured or something. Especiallly cause the majority of these people have never been outside their own country.

Assumptions much?
  • Jbell0213
    Jbell0213 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I didn't buy any this year for that reason. The Samoas are like crack to me. Plus they went up $.50 a box here. Wasn't worth it.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options

More beer for me then!!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

On what are you basing your many assumptions?

Also, beer is delicious, so you're wrong.

Except light beer. Light beer is not delicious. Or at least less delicious.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »

On what are you basing your many assumptions?

Also, beer is delicious, so you're wrong.

Except light beer. Light beer is not delicious. Or at least less delicious.

Nope. You had it right the first time. Light beer is most definitely not delicious.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options

You're wrong. Just sit there in your wrongness and be wrong.
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    @AnvilHead , that cat .gif is great! I really laughed!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

I... *blink*... I'm struggling to find something with this that I don't take objection to. Strong first post!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    ....has anyone tried the raisin cookies? I love do si dohs and hellos but really wanted to try the raisin cookies last year.
  • Praying_Mantis
    Praying_Mantis Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    mygnsac wrote: »

For the OP. Don't worry...anyone in the real world, a box is a serving. Enjoy. Don't enjoy everyday.

+1
  • Praying_Mantis
    Praying_Mantis Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    I actually said to the hubs yesterday I'm having wicked cookie cravings and planned to nom some today. You know something mad? This thread has kind of put me off. Not because I don't love cookies, but because we don't have GS cookies and now I want GS cookies and anything else is going to be a poor replacement.

*emails US rellies for shipments*

We moved to Boston from midwest last year. They have Caramel Delites here instead of Samoas.

So we did the reasonable thing and settled for Caramel Delites had a friend ship us a full case of Samoas...

...because we aren't savages.

OMG did this make me laugh. Thanks jofjltncb6!
  • jenovatrix
    jenovatrix Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    _benjammin wrote: »
    12509487_483483311839176_7801380677462155632_n.png?oh=c9f264099b74edb747527b0ed4343fca&oe=57001A83
    FTFY

I like the cut of your jib, sir.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    jenovatrix wrote: »
    _benjammin wrote: »
    12509487_483483311839176_7801380677462155632_n.png?oh=c9f264099b74edb747527b0ed4343fca&oe=57001A83
    FTFY

I like the cut of your jib, sir.

+1
  • JordisTSM
    JordisTSM Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    @Alatariel75 I just noticed the different packaging in the top pic. Maybe they are available in America??

Hey Christine - the other packaging is what we have on the right side of the Tasman :smile: