I just ate an entire box of Girl Scout cookies. Help!

Options

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    kkenseth wrote: »
    Just say no! Tell yourself that you don't need it grab an apple instead! All you have to do is just say no (:

i told my bottle of jack no last night.

well, not until id drunken a quarter of it and gotten sick (hadnt eaten anything), but hey- i still said no at some point.... ;)

Your self control is the reason i like you :grimace:

i usually get ' your lack of self control is the reason why like you'

and its usually from men.

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • tara_means_star
    tara_means_star Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    We all have bad days. It takes practice to walk past things that are tempting and resist them. I understand feeling pressured to buy a box and then eating too many of them. What I dont understand is that you are already planning to do the same thing tomorrow. THAT isn't falling for temptation. That is PLANNING to "fall for temptation." We can all give you ideas for learning to walk past the cookies next time. We can all give you ideas on how to buy a box and moderate yourself. But you're already planning to buy another box and eat them all. No one can do it for you.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    We all have bad days. It takes practice to walk past things that are tempting and resist them. I understand feeling pressured to buy a box and then eating too many of them. What I dont understand is that you are already planning to do the same thing tomorrow. THAT isn't falling for temptation. That is PLANNING to "fall for temptation." We can all give you ideas for learning to walk past the cookies next time. We can all give you ideas on how to buy a box and moderate yourself. But you're already planning to buy another box and eat them all. No one can do it for you.

I wonder what will become of OP if they continue down this road? Will we find them on the side of a road....nothing but empty cookie boxes behind them?

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    ...with telltale residue on their face?
  • _Terrapin_
    Options

unable to be finger printed due to chocolate coating?!?

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

Dirt on his knees while trying to make enough money for his next box...

Such a sad outcome. All for the want of GS cookies.
  • tara_means_star
    Options
    I'm all about operating with empathy for people who are struggling. Weight loss isn't easy. But there comes a point when empathy can become enabling and it seems like OP is asking for enabling. The question was basically since she's planning to eat another entire box tomorrow, she wanted us to tell her which kind of cookie was the best to do this with. She did it once, I get that. It happens sometimes. As long as it doesn't happen all the time, you can move forward from that. But she's already planning for it to happen again...the very next day. There's just nothing I can do with that. You either plan to do things differently and have success with losing weight or you plan to do the same exact thing and you don't reach your goals. But OP is the only person who can make that decision.
  • _Terrapin_
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

So the dirt is from tiling a floor or laying bricks? I mean, you don't mean. . . . .oh Lord.

• nutmegoreo
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'm all about operating with empathy for people who are struggling. Weight loss isn't easy. But there comes a point when empathy can become enabling and it seems like OP is asking for enabling. The question was basically since she's planning to eat another entire box tomorrow, she wanted us to tell her which kind of cookie was the best to do this with. She did it once, I get that. It happens sometimes. As long as it doesn't happen all the time, you can move forward from that. But she's already planning for it to happen again...the very next day. There's just nothing I can do with that. You either plan to do things differently and have success with losing weight or you plan to do the same exact thing and you don't reach your goals. But OP is the only person who can make that decision.

She's a he, and has been around for a long time with an awesome sense of humor. I don't think he's as serious as people are taking him.

ETA: I agree that enabling destructive behaviours is not helpful. :smile:
  • nutmegoreo
    Options
    _Terrapin_ wrote: »

So the dirt is from tiling a floor or laying bricks? I mean, you don't mean. . . . .oh Lord.

Of course, laying brick. What were you thinking? :huh: :noway:
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options

Sadly, people will do anything for their sugar cookie addiction.
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    My biggest regret from last night is that I have no Girl Scout cookies today.
  • _Terrapin_
    Options

Of course, laying brick. What were you thinking? :huh: :noway:

Phew. I thought so. Were all the bricks oven kilned to make them hard?

• nutmegoreo
    Options

Sadly, people will do anything for their sugar cookie addiction.

I picture it like this, but without the big comfy couch:

Girl-Scout-Cookie-Addiction-665x385.jpg
  • _Terrapin_
    Options
    snikkins wrote: »

More important....did you have a beer?

• snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

I did not... I had a cake.

ETA: Maybe two regrets.
  • nutmegoreo
    Options

I did not... I had a cake.

ETA: Maybe two regrets.

No beer to wash down those calories? Those are going straight to your hips :tongue:
  • tara_means_star
    Options
    lol I didn't realize it was a guy and totally thought he was serious. Maybe it speaks to the abundance of posts with people asking about motivation, I don't know. So this was a joke? :lol: that does make me feel better
  • nutmegoreo
    Options
    lol I didn't realize it was a guy and totally thought he was serious. Maybe it speaks to the abundance of posts with people asking about motivation, I don't know. So this was a joke? :lol: that does make me feel better

Unfortunately, there are many more who are serious.
  • 100df
    100df Posts: 668 Member
    Options

Unfortunately, there are many more who are serious.

Yeah. So much fun to mock the ones that are serious.