What is everyone's heritage?

Options

Replies

• rowen623
    rowen623 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I know I have French heritage on my dad's side...I'm often told I look a little "French" :wink:
  • PatheticNoetic
    PatheticNoetic Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I'm a northern/ eastern european mutt . A genetic stock that allows women to pull plows in their old age
  • NicholePotato
    NicholePotato Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Dutch, Cuban.
  • toofatandy
    toofatandy Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I come from German and Irish stock, that migrated to Australia in the 1850's.
    Hence my liking of a good beer.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    i am absolutely a mutt. German, Irish, Portuguese, French Canadian..
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    domain: eukarya
    kingdom: animalia
    phylum: chordata
    sub-phylum: vertebrata
    superclass: tetrapoda
    class: mammalia
    subclass: theria
    infraclass: eutheria
    superorder: euarchontoglires
    grandorder: eurarchonta
    mirorder: primatomorpha
    order: primates
    suborder: haplorhini
    infraorder: simiiforms
    parvorder: catarrhini
    superfamily: hominoidae
    family: hominidae
    subfamily: homininae
    tribe: hominini
    subtribe: hominina
    genus: Homo
    species: mostly sapiens with a little bit of neanderthalensis

btw whoever named the superfamily, family, subfamily, tribe and subtribe hominoidae, hominidae, homininae, hominini and hominina really needs a slap upside the head. I mean what were they thinking??? "I know, let's take 5 taxonomic groups that are going to be easily confused, and give them really, really similar sounding names just to make them even more likely to be confused and so totally confuse the heck out of all biology students for like forever, mwahahahahaaaa"? Cause it sure seems that way.....
  • LadyPinkMan
    LadyPinkMan Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Indian... To be precise North Indian.... but currently working in down South...
  • JenToms80
    JenToms80 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Im British...Welsh parents and Irish grandfather

:flowerforyou:
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Indian... But there is some English blood from pre-independence hanky-panky that my family is not so keen on discussing. :laugh:
  • cizzawizza
    cizzawizza Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm all Irish (every little freckle of me). I live in England though. My fella argues that I should now call myself English as I have lived here longer.....
  • socunpato
    Options
    Spanish
  • LadyPinkMan
    LadyPinkMan Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Indian... But there is some English blood from pre-independence hanky-panky that my family is not so keen on discussing. :laugh:

Haha ... God Knows How many Indians will have that Kinda Lineage...lol....
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options

Haha ... God Knows How many Indians will have that Kinda Lineage...lol....

Quite a few inexplicably blond new-borns, I dare say. Like my great-granddad hehe.
  • sarahc142
    Options
    Polish Scottish Swiss English Irish French
  • Courage1895
    Options
    I'm Welsh, Scottish, Russian, and German , and hope to on day visit these countries since I have only been to Russian so far.
  • christopherphillips1983
    Options
    Heritage is almost entirely Scottish with a little Irish making up the difference.

There's a bit of other stuff floating around in there but it's like single-digit percentages. Both of my parents coincidentally came from heavily Scottish and Irish families.
  • Jaylello
    Jaylello Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Irish
  • palmerdanielle
    palmerdanielle Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I'm Canadian, so I'm a mix of many things,
    moms side: Indian, and we believe some English and or Irish..
    dad's side: Polish, English and possibly some French.
    I'd love to see where my family tree goes back to...
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    100% Dutch
  • aelphabawest
    aelphabawest Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Paternal: French Canadian back to the 1600s, including some First Nation blood mixed in there. Going further back is Normandy in the 1500s. Dad moved to the US when he was a kid.

Maternal Grandmother: American (New England) back to the 1600s, then England (I can do "Daughters of the American Revolution" twice over if I wanted to).

Maternal Grandfather: American back to the 1830s, but Germany before that and about a hundred years of marrying within the German immigrant community. I look a lot like my Grandfather's side of the family and used to get mistaken for German a lot when traveling.

Ah, us post-colonial mutts.