Italian/Canadian
  • hopefaithlove24
    hopefaithlove24 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Dutch:) but feeling Canadian today! ;)
  • PositiveBody
    PositiveBody Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    From Mother: 1/2 Guaymí Indian, (Panama), 1/2 Spanish (Spain)
    From Father: 1/2 Irish, 1/4 Lumbee Indian (Native American), 1/4 African American

= ME
  • smc864
    smc864 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I'm American but my heritage is a mixture of Russian, Irish, French, and Native American.
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I think 100% Italian (boring).
  • MVY_
    MVY_ Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I'm Hmong and my family is from Thailand :)
  • anzi888
    anzi888 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Canadian, French, Irish, Native and Acadian (you'll need to google this one) :)
  • lucylousmummy
    lucylousmummy Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    100% English, but one of my husbands relatives has recently been doing a family tree, and has apparently traced his family back to king edward iv, from what i've read (of course presuming that his ancestry tracing is accurate i've not actually seen it) that edward iv was pretty fond of sleeping around, and if it is true it was probably a scullery maid or something lol
  • LosingMyMarbles
    LosingMyMarbles Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    1/2 Dutch, 1/4 German and 1/4 mix of English/Irish/French.

I'd love to get one of the Ancestry.com dna tests done, but don't have money for it right now. My father's ancestors came from Holland and my maternal grandma's side from Germany guaranteed. It's my maternal grandfather that's the wild card.
  • dawnsjourney
    dawnsjourney Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm a Viking!
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    What a great question.... I'm definitely of melting pot descent :wink:

Scottish, English, French and Cheroke Indian that I know for sure.... Suspect Irish and German somewhere in the mix, but haven't been able to confirm.
  • juliafromrf
    juliafromrf Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Wow, I've always found the heritage thing in the US extremely interesting and kind of beautiful.

I'm 100% Austrian, although it's said that my maternal ancestors were Italians who immigrated to Austria like 300 - 400 years ago. Not so sure about that though.
  • algwynt
    algwynt Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    totally welsh as far back as i can find.looks like we,ve got the whole world covered,great question interesting to see.
  • MB2MN
    MB2MN Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Half Irish, half Romanian (ish). I get asked a lot if I'm half Chinese though...*shrug*
  • Cathalain
    Cathalain Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    About 70% Irish, 20% British, 10% German. Most of my family is from Northwest Ireland (around Counties Sligo, Mayo and Donegal), others are from the Devon area of the U.K. The German part, I'm not completely sure.

My mother did a huge genealogy project on our family, so she came up with some interesting facts:

- Most of my father's side emigrated to the Carolinas (North/South) and are still there for the most part.
    - My mother's side of the family emigrated to the Tidewater Basin (Virginia). They're also still there.
    - Everyone came to the U.S. around the same time (about 1750 or so).
    - No real "famous" folks in my family, though I am VERY (and I mean very) distantly related to Thomas Jefferson - like by marriage twenty times removed or something. But the connection IS there, however tenuous.
    - So far the family history has been traced back to approximately 1100 A.D. I tell my mom that she's been extraordinarily lucky to be able to go back that far - most don't keep such good records.

Other than that...

ETA: Mistyped a number..
  • lockedcj7
    lockedcj7 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    100% Scots-Irish, born and bred in southern Appalachia.
  • Chaos_Theory
    Options
    100% Ukrainian - Born and raised in Donetsk. Best place in earth!
  • Hunnergomeow
    Hunnergomeow Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    On my mother's side: Ukrainian, Polish and Russian.
    On my father's side: Ukrainian, Russian, and German - my father's father was a Nazi who fled to the USSR and married a Ukrainian girl. I only find that interesting since my boyfriend's Opa was a Nazi who fled to Russia, married a Russian girl and booked it to Canada about 40 years before my family moved to Canada.
    (My mother's from Lviv, Ukraine, and my father's from Donetsk, Ukraine, but I was born in Kaharlyk, Ukraine :smile: )
  • dianegreennet
    dianegreennet Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am English & Cherokee!
  • Rayz44
    Rayz44 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    100% Pali