Options

Replies

• 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    100% Dutch
  • willowdancer
    Options
    Irish mutt here with a dash of french and romani thrown in. Its nice; I have naturally red hair and can tan!

Adding in an edit here to mention how cool it is to see how diverse the mfp group is!
  • nilleah
    nilleah Posts: 177
    Options
    Cherokee Indian, French, German, and Irish
  • kristinee1
    kristinee1 Posts: 12
    Options
    Mostly German and Czech with a sprinkling of some other random nationalities....lol
  • G__Force
    G__Force Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Scottish, Welsh
  • ColleenRoss50
    ColleenRoss50 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Canadian born. 50% Icelandic, 50% Hungarian.
  • duckgirlpdx
    Options
    On my dad's side: Welsh, English, Irish, Scottish
    On my mom's side: Lebanese
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    American. Although, I've had early family here since the late 1500's, later folks showed up in the 1600's. That's way before America was born, though, so Western and Northern European originally.
  • ruth3698
    ruth3698 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I'm from mostly mexican decent, my grandfather on my dad's side was spanish and my great grandfather was said to be a bull fighter.
  • TorontoDiane
    TorontoDiane Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    I was born in Canada however moved to Scotland as a baby (both my parents are Scottish) ... lived in Scotland for 8 years

Scottish is my background
  • CheekyBrahette
    CheekyBrahette Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I'm 50% Italian, 25% German, with a dash of Swiss, Irish, and French.
    A regular old Heinz 57.
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I was born in Canada...my father was from Scotland and my mother was from Iceland...that makes 50% Scottish and 50% Icelandic.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I'm descended from a lineage of bipedal apes - Australopithecus gahri most likely - who evolved into Homo habilis who evolved into Homo ergaster (sometimes known as early Homo erectus), because of having larger brains and being able to use stone tools. Those appear to be my ancestors :drinker:

more recently:

mostly Homo sapiens with a little bit of Homo neanderthalensis

even more recently:

British, aka Briton, Pict, Angle, Saxon, Jute, Norman, Viking, Roman, Celt, and everyone else that's ever invaded the British Isles.

more recently still:

British, allegedly of Anglo-Saxon and Norman descent, but my mum's side of the family, who have a Norman surname, look very Celtic. I'm not aware of any Celtic ancestry, but you know... what's on the official records and where your genes actually come from are not necessarily the same thing LOL And there's a bit of unknown in there too... i.e. people in my dad's family too dark to be British so possibly Spanish, Jewish or Gypsy or something, who knows... lol.

TL:DR I'm descended from bipedal apes of the genus Homo
  • talamer
    talamer Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    100% pure Arabian living in Bahrain
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    English I thought until recently until I traced one of my ancestors as a German [Hanoverian] immigrant back in the 1840s
  • dan323
    dan323 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I am an American. And damn proud of it !
  • pushyourself14
    pushyourself14 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I'm Metis, Scottish, Finish, and Irish. :)
  • lj8576
    lj8576 Posts: 156
    Options
    i am a mutt. I wish I knew exactly, I think it would be interesting to find out.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I'm American. My family tree on both sides goes back around 400 years. I still have a lot of family in Boston and Philadelphia.
  • Froody2
    Froody2 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Little bit of Australian aboriginal, English and Dutch. My father's side of the family swear I take after his father (mostly this comes from my grandmother, who's a nasty old racist witch), my mother's side of the family swear I look like her. *Shrugs*.