What is everyone's heritage?

Options

Replies

• DeLenne
    DeLenne Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am Native American from the Paiute Shoshone Tribe on my mothers side. I have no idea what i am on my fathers side other then caucasian.
  • OhSnap779
    OhSnap779 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    English and Irish
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Mostly English, although my maternal grandma's dad (who she never knew) was Portuguese. Guess that explains my dark hair and why I tan so easily!
  • Andimadx
    Andimadx Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Father is from El Salvador
    Mother born in US but her heritage is Spain

So I'm Salvadorian/Spaniard
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    what an interesting thread! it's nice to see where people are from.

I was born in the US to a Jewish family. My paternal grandmother came from Poland (at the time it was an area called Galicia, it was under Austro-Hungarian and then German rule at different times so culturally they were more German than Polish. My grandmother was fluent in German (school), Polish (outside world) and Yiddish (at home) with a smattering of Hebrew, and when they came to the US she learned to read and write English as well). My paternal grandfather came from (according to what my father knows) a dirt poor hamlet/town that is in today's Ukraine (then also in Poland/galicia). Both arrived to the US after WWI, thankfully, as their families who remained behind were taken to concentration camps and most murdered by the Nazis.

My maternal family - we are not entirely sure. My grandmother was already 2nd generation american, she knew that her grandparents came "from Europe somewhere":grumble: and when we researched the family name it seems to have originated in Rumania. So, who knows. "the wandering Jews..." I don't know about my grandfather's family but I think they were from the same place. in those days you married "who you know". My paternal grandparents were fifth cousins or something.
  • zenalasca
    zenalasca Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Mainly Scottish and English, some Irish
  • CarleyJo89
    CarleyJo89 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm English and one set of my grandparents are from greek descent but they were born and raised in England too.

I look completely English though, I wish I had that olive skin thing going on like they do in Greece, my mums got it but that strand of DNA appeared to skip me!
  • x3na1401
    x3na1401 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I'm 50% English 50% Klingon

Quapla!
  • nee90
    nee90 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Greek and Russian with some Mongolian roots I think...
    Born in Uzbekistan and grew up in Greece!
  • memubo99
    memubo99 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    100% Irish through and through
  • Sailfindragon
    Sailfindragon Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Scotttish here. :)
  • Alatariel2002
    Alatariel2002 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    American Born - Cherokee(from both sides), German (dad's side), and Irish (mom's side)
  • londonboyben
    londonboyben Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    half english and half italian

having said that you would probably never know i was half italian except for my name,
    been in south london my whole life so am pretty much just a english cockney geezer lol
  • angiewf
    angiewf Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Dad's side originally Russian Jewish, ancestors fled from pogroms. Some of the family moved on to New York, so we have distant cousins in America. Mum's side West Country English. I'm an East Ender!
  • maria_b22
    maria_b22 Posts: 45
    Options
    I was born in England but i consider myself 50% Italian and 50% English. My mum was Italian and all her family was too. My dad was English and his father was Scottish as were his roots while my dad's mother was English with Welsh and Irish roots.
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    English.

My mother was from Orkney though, so that makes me half Scottish (of the Viking sort, not the Celtic sort)
  • Helenca76
    Helenca76 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Welsh born with Irish heritage.
  • Anosha
    Anosha Posts: 5
    Options
    Australian born. But my heritage is Afghanistan.
  • Armyantzzz
    Armyantzzz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Black.... Georgetown Washington D.C. :wink: ARMY BRAT:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Im probably about 60% German, 30% Ukrainian and 10% Irish.

Of course - I am Canadian 1st! :D