Valentine's day

leira_T
leira_T Posts: 45 Member
Hey all, so valentines day is 3 weeks away and I definitely want to look good and feel confident for my husband! Anyone with me? Here's the challenge: state your goal, then post each day until Feb 14 with progress updates including what you did well and areas for improvement, finishing off with a statement of why you are doing this.

Replies

• leira_T
    Jan 25:
    Start weight: 124
    Goal weight: 120
    Plan: log everything I eat and stay under my calorie limit
    Progress: Today I went to the gym and got an awesome workout in, so far have not exceeded my calorie limit. This morning I ate to much for breakfast though so I have to be extra disciplined the rest of the day, tomorrow I plan to keep breakfast under 400 calories
  • kirstendawm
    kirstendawm Posts: 101 Member

Jan 25:
    Start weight: 184
    Goal weight by Valentine's Day: 179
    Plan: Stay under my calorie limit and try to get an exercise in at least 3 days a week.
    Progress: Today I avoided soda. I have also stayed under my calorie limit. I only got maybe 5 hours of sleep last night and worked 7:25-6:05 today so I am very tired and didn't get my workout in. BUT I plan on getting a workout in in the morning!
  • themacropoint855
    themacropoint855 Posts: 13 Member
    January 25th:

SW: 206
    GW:200

Plan: AM wake up = 20-30 minutes fasted cardio; PM = 45-60 minutes strength training

Food wise: track macros carefully and hit numbers daily. Everything gets logged. Sunday's are spent meal prepping.

Today: 30 minutes fasted cardio and 45 minutes of strength training. All food was logged. Going have dessert though since it fits.

No Starbucks or soda (ahh!) coffee intake to be replaced with tea.
  • Sammich_v2
    Sammich_v2 Posts: 471 Member
    edited January 2016
    Jan 26th 96.4kg
    Goal feb 14th 92kg
    Plan - exercise 5 out of 7 days a week and stick to my meal plan.
    Today - I made a batch of lamingtons (a reduced calorie version) for Australia Day and I took two to eat, ate one and had my cup of tea, and didn't feel like eating the other so I put it back. Super happy with my will power.
  • JenniferLynWhatx
    JenniferLynWhatx Posts: 141 Member
    Jan 25th
    SW: 263.8 lbs
    GW: 255 lbs
    Plan: 4 days/week combined cardio & strength
    Increase water!!!

I like short goals... I'm aiming to lose 30lbs by the end of May (at least)
  • knbford
    knbford Posts: 2 Member
    Jan 25th
    SW:155
    GW:150

Plan: Limit my fat to less than 30% and stay under calorie limit, 30 minutes of cardio 4 days a week, and calisthenics 3 days a week.

Today: 35 minutes of cardio, 4 sets of 2 calisthenic exercises, macros goals met, calorie goals met. I had a protein shake for lunch and I think I will do that several days a week.
  • mferencevich
    mferencevich Posts: 29 Member
    Jan. 25
    SW: 208
    GW: 200

Plan: Stay within my calorie limit and do a little extra cardio on my weight lifting days.

Today: Free weights and circuit machines at the gym, worked on my calves as well...

I want to look great when I finally meet my long distance love in the Phillipines! :)
  • Llorraine11
    Llorraine11 Posts: 350 Member
    Jan 25
    SW 210
    GET 200
    PLAN .. GO TO GYM AND STAY UNDER CALORIE
    TODAY. .STARTED MY DIET
  • garibayjazmine
    garibayjazmine Posts: 3 Member
    Jan 25/16
    Start weight 186.8
    Goal Weight 176.8
    Plan- log everyday, try not to go over my calories and exercise cardio at least twice a week for 30 minutes. And strength training 1 a week. Drink 8 glasses of water a day.

Today- not a great day forgot my lunch had to improvise. Work 8-5 then school 5:30-930. But my macros were good.
  • julesrules611
    julesrules611 Posts: 27 Member
    Hello! I'm Jules. Add me as a friend, y'all!
    1/26
    Start: 192lbs
    Goal: 187lbs

Plan: don't lie on my log (lol we all trick ourselves sometimes) and stay under my calorie goal. Also, eat more protein and fiber.

Progress: Although I haven't been meeting my calorie goal everyday, I have been eating much healthier food and far less "empty" calories.

We got this!!
  • renehemenway
    renehemenway Posts: 9 Member
    CW: 137 lbs
    GW: 132 lbs
    - Only bullet/butter cream coffee for the daytime and small dinner every day
    - 4:3 fasting of 500 calories
    - Only eat when hungry
    - 2 HIIT sessions per week
    - 2 Heavy weight sessions per week

Thanks leira_t for staring this challenge. Short term goals are the best!
  • stephhcharlenee
    stephhcharlenee Posts: 26 Member
    Highwst weight: (ever-204lbs). November = 199lbs.

Start weight: 189lbs.
    Target: 186 lbs
    Lbs lost already:

How: I'm cutting out sugar as much as I can - in hot drinks and in fizzy pop. I've already changed hot drinks to sweetner which I'm working on cutting down to 1 instead of 2. But I need to try hard to avoid fizzy pop.
    Also by eating healthy balanced dinners. I'm not restricting any food groups particularly just trying to be healthy. I have a history of eating disorders so this is very important to me.

Progress: unhealthy day today as very stressed - someone was stabbed outside my house!!! So calling it an off day...
  • leira_T
    January 26
    Start weight:124
    Goal: 120
    Current: 125
    Progress: unfortunately, I had a midnight snack last night which I think affected my number. Usually I weight myself in the morning before eating but this morning my stomach was still full of food, hence the weight increase. On a positive note, I have been consistent at the gym and stayed under my calorie limit yesterday.
    Plan: today I will remain under my calorie limit, log EVERYTHING, and drink hot tea when I am having cravings.

Thanks for joining me everyone (newcomers are still welcome too), we can do this together!!
  • mferencevich
    SW:208
    Current: 206.8
    Goal: 200

Definitely have to work towards cutting sodium...Lots if cardiovascular today! :)
  • Llorraine11
    Llorraine11 Posts: 350 Member
    SW 210
    GET 200
    So I went to the gym twice today, not sure how long this will last..and I am definitely watching my calories.
    My goal... try to eat reasonable to night..hubby is cooking. .He is a chef..so this is hard
  • kirstendawm
    kirstendawm Posts: 101 Member
    Day 2- January 26
    SW: 184
    GW: 179
    Current weight: 183.6

Did not have soda today! And I also logged all my food, stayed within calorie limit, and squeezed in a quick workout
  • themacropoint855
    Day 2 - January 26th

SW/CW: 206
    GW: 200

Today was good - took my stack, made a nice breakfast of eggs and chicken sausage. Did my cardio. Unfortunately, I forgot to take my fat burner before lunch and before dinner :( Today was kind of crazy with work so I was running all over the place. I also got Starbucks! For shame! But, it was a skinny iced latte and fit nicely into my macros since I have carbs and protien to spare. I had a wonderful salmon salad for dinner and got in a kettle bell work out.

I'll be staying at my parents house until Friday so I made sure to bring all of my meals with me to ensure I'm eating correctly and don't stray. I forgot my stack though. I think I have some CLK though in the pantry that I keep here as a spare.

I also need to be better about my multivitamins and fish oils. Gotta take those supplements.

Cardio in the AM. Might not be able to get my weight training in though; mom needs a ride to the airport and we have puppy class tomorrow night but I'm going to try. I have a gap in between those two things so it might work out, but it'll be quick.

Good luck tomorrow everyone!
  • themacropoint855
    leira_T wrote: »
    January 26
    Start weight:124
    Goal: 120
    Current: 125
    Progress: unfortunately, I had a midnight snack last night which I think affected my number. Usually I weight myself in the morning before eating but this morning my stomach was still full of food, hence the weight increase. On a positive note, I have been consistent at the gym and stayed under my calorie limit yesterday.
    Plan: today I will remain under my calorie limit, log EVERYTHING, and drink hot tea when I am having cravings.

You know what I do when I have a craving? Arctic Zero. It's wonderful. Whole pints range anywhere from 130-300 calories per pint an they have great flavors. Eating a serving of AZ is a great way to kill a sweet tooth craving in a guiltless way. If I have leftover macros/calories, I'll do a serving of AZ, crumble ¼ of a serving of a Lenny and Larry's cookie and get some Nuts N' More PB and drizzle that on top. Guiltless and tasty sundae.
  • mferencevich
    SW:208
    Current: 207.8
    Goal: 200

Bumped up 1 # from yesterday, not concerned as I stayed within my calories, and my weight fluctuates day to day a little...

I will be in my best shape this summer..I believe i will run a faster 5K being 30-40 lbs lighter than last year! :)
  • JenniferLynWhatx
    JenniferLynWhatx Posts: 141 Member
    Jan 25th
    SW: 263.8 lbs
    GW: 255 lbs
    Plan: 4 days/week combined cardio & strength
    Increase water!!!

I like short goals... I'm aiming to lose 30lbs by the end of May (at least)

January 27th
    Todays weight: 263.2 lbs
    Total lost: 0.6lbs
    Goal weight remaining: 8.2 lbs
    Time Remaining: 2.5 weeks

Plan: Drink more water!!!