Apple Cider Vinegar

Options
124»

Replies

• frantzcr
    frantzcr Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Isn't Naziroglu a character from Lord of the Rings? I wouldn't be taking dietary advice from a ringwraith, but that's just me.

I think you're thinking of Nazgul haha. But no, people spell there names differently around the world. What sounds odd to us may be normal to them. Culture.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options

frantzcr wrote: »
    There was a good study at Demirel University on ACV and how it effects oxidative injury in the liver and kidneys. It was by Naziroglu in The Journal of Membrane Biology and is fairly recent

Containing antioxidants =/= 'detoxifying'

And that still has nothing to do with your (false) claim that you can change the acidity/alkalinity of your bowels by drinking vinegar.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    I take it every day. but plain. on its own.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    Isn't Naziroglu a character from Lord of the Rings? I wouldn't be taking dietary advice from a ringwraith, but that's just me.

I think you're thinking of Nazgul haha. But no, people spell there names differently around the world. What sounds odd to us may be normal to them. Culture.

Watchoo mean "I think you're thinking of Nazgul?" You spelled it right and capitalized it properly. You knew exactly what I was talking about. Nerd. :smiley:
  • frantzcr
    frantzcr Posts: 129 Member
    Options

Watchoo mean "I think you're thinking of Nazgul?" You spelled it right and capitalized it properly. You knew exactly what I was talking about. Nerd. :smiley:

Maybe I was too focused on spelling Nazgul right that I let my grammar on "their" go down the drain.
  • tcatcarson
    tcatcarson Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Azercord wrote: »
    Just take the honey, tastes great and has actual benefits.

What actual benefits are you referring to with the honey?

Full of Bee-vitamins.
  • CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I sometimes use ACV as a hair rinse, and my hair is kinda thin...
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    It can help with weight loss if used consistently for weeks to months. It has heart healthy benefits, amino acids and antioxidants. It can also lower blood sugar levels and lower bad cholesterol. I've also heard people say it helps with pain but not sure if there are studies to back this up.

The only thing reputable studies show is that it has some positive effect on blood glucose levels if taken before a meal...so does a glass of red wine.

I have noticed that with my one glass of red wine before dinner. I get my lowest before dinner BG readings those evenings.

We talking sangiovese grapes? Paired with a cheese perhaps? Olives?

• _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    Just take the honey, tastes great and has actual benefits.

What actual benefits are you referring to with the honey?

Keeping bee unemployment low?

Yep, keeps the economy buzzing along.
    In the event bees unionized they could strike. So, people would eat more sugar......the horror. So, keep unemployment low, maintain non-union shops of worker bees and avoid sugar. Phew.
  • Equus5374
    Equus5374 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I use it to make homemade salad dressing!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Eating local honey helps with allergies.

Does OP have allergies?