40+yrs motivation group. We aren't getting any younger!

Options

Replies

• scubakat67
    scubakat67 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Logging while on vacation is very difficult. I try, but I am often not successful. They make it easy by providing the app for the phone, but it's still hard when you're not following your normal routine. I try to simply get the food on the list, even if it isn't the exact item (if I can't use the scanner) or the exact quantity. Some logging is better than no logging. I just returned from a long weekend trip and said "I'll log my meals when I get home" but still haven't had a chance to go back and enter the items. I strive to do better on the next trip :wink:
  • hdatres
    hdatres Posts: 635 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Yay!!!! I have lost 5 pounds!!!! Only 95 more pounds to go......
  • scubakat67
    Options
    hdatres wrote: »
    Yay!!!! I have lost 5 pounds!!!! Only 95 more pounds to go......

YAY!!! Gold star for @hdatres
  • JustMeNoExcuses
    JustMeNoExcuses Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi! New to this thread and happy to of found this! I have 56 squishy's, as my little guy calls it - to get rid of. :) I have lost 6 lbs. to date and look forward to getting some motivation. I'm not new to MFP, just I have been on here for about 5 years with really no support. I came close to totally giving up, but I have a goal that I want to achieve - so I am starting all over again, with a new outlook to this journey!!
  • kelbels1
    kelbels1 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi! New to this thread and happy to of found this! I have 56 squishy's, as my little guy calls it - to get rid of. :) I have lost 6 lbs. to date and look forward to getting some motivation. I'm not new to MFP, just I have been on here for about 5 years with really no support. I came close to totally giving up, but I have a goal that I want to achieve - so I am starting all over again, with a new outlook to this journey!!

Feel free to add me as a friend. Best of luck toward a healthier active life.
  • OverseasMom
    OverseasMom Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hey, is this board still active? Would love to be added! I'm 46 and would like to build muscle and lose about 15 pounds...it all has crept on since the clock hit 40! Started MFP last year but had to stop mid-year due to life craziness and have just gotten back on in the last month. Just went to a hotel gym this week with LOTS of mirrors and realized I really shouldn't give up. ;) Could use some other friends along the way.
  • hollyelise68
    hollyelise68 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I am 48. I am doing T25. Today is double day so I have two workouts and am trying to do them back to back. I also walk each evening. I have about 70 lbs to lose and a lot of energy to gain. We can do this!
  • jackie_van_d
    jackie_van_d Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hey, I think I was a part of this thread, but MFP had some issues a couple months back and lost a bunch of my fave groups and such..
    At 45 now and been struggling since my birthday back in August but even worse in the last week.. I need to get my act in gear....
    Feel free to add me, my daily log is open and usually post daily
    See ya around !
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I turn 42 in 2 weeks. MFP has been a game changer for me. I feel like it's harder over 40, but more meaninful.
  • scubakat67
    Options
    Not sure how active this thread is anymore. I haven't seen any posts in a while.
    There is a group for women over 40 at http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/113716-healthy-women-over-40-support-accountability-group that's pretty active. Great supportive group.
  • jwaggoner486
    jwaggoner486 Posts: 13 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Hey, y'all! Are you looking forward to 2017? What did you learn this year?

I've lost 10lbs and kept it off. I am much healthier. From having a cold every month, I haven't had anything worse than the sniffles for the past 6 months. I can feel my body is stronger and my cardiovascular health is better. I get sore from the gym, instead of from sitting too much. I still have 20 to go. I want to be able to do the sports I love comfortably. My biggest silly achievement has been fitting back into clothes I love, but I still have two drawers which are too tight.

MFP friends have been ESSENTIAL. ❤️ Thanks to all of you!

So... what's your news?
  • jackie_van_d
    jackie_van_d Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have my phone back!!! Still glitches out once in a while but I'm here!!!
  • kelbels1
    Options
    Been gone for too long. Didn’t gain all the weight back but I did put at least half of it back on. Wish me luck!!!
  • IsETHome
    IsETHome Posts: 386 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Thread resurrection. What’s going to be different? I like the way the 50s thread was running, topic each week. So maybe I could kick it off to say, for those back on the wagon, what’s different? Motivations.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    kelbels1 wrote: »
    Been gone for too long. Didn’t gain all the weight back but I did put at least half of it back on. Wish me luck!!!

Welcome back.
    You know you don’t need luck, haul on those ‘panties of determination’ and succeed.

Cheers, h.
  • katrinat1971
    katrinat1971 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    What’s different?...

My husbands last dr visit a week ago. He’s had high blood pressure for several years, but now alot of the other bad stuff is starting to appear— high AC1, cholesterol...

We’ve been together 27 years and I’m not ready to lose him! He’s got around 100 pounds to lose, me 70 or so. I’m not experiencing the same health issues as him, but the extra weight alone has made issues for me and I really want to support my husband!
  • JaniceVACPA
    JaniceVACPA Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi! Motivation is part vanity (I want to look good and wear fun, cute clothes) and part paranoia (getting older so need to get in as good shape as possible).

New to all this and would love some friends to have fun with and get fit with! I'm 48YO, married with two (mostly) grown kids, love my dog, and am a CPA who is busy as hell right now. Am pretty much at goal (2 or 3 pounds to go) after taking a year to lose 30 pounds on my own terms.
  • Lastchancetochange
    Lastchancetochange Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Here I am, 40 and kickin. Started mfp 3 weeks ago and 16 pounds down. 54 to go!!! Who knows will this be the real deal when I really lose all this fat? Lets see.
  • kelbels1
    Options
    Taking a minute to list some goals. What yours?
    Lose 60 by September.
    Build my endurance with exercise
    Gain strength to play with grandkids
    Live an active life
    Lower blood pressure
    Reduce pain from fibromyalgia
    Look great

Feel free to friend request. More friend is more support and more success
  • BuiltLikeAPeep
    BuiltLikeAPeep Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    @kelbels1 just sent you a friend request!