40+yrs motivation group. We aren't getting any younger!

Options

Replies

• kelbels1
    kelbels1 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    marlymarly wrote: »
    Hi, I'm 42 years old. Trying to lose about 20lbs. It doesn't seem like a lot, but I carry it all on my tummy - not healthy! I'm also PCOS so the weight comes off very slowly. I've been trying to lose 3 lbs a month, but even that has been s huge challenge. Add me as a friend for motivation. How do you find time to exercise between work and kids? How do you avoid munching when things get stressful?

My daughter is pcos and it has caused her to be insulin resistant. Weight is hard but her medication has helped a lot. She take metformin. When they finally got her at the right dose she 30lbs on 4 months.

Snacking is finding a healthy alternative to keep you satisfied. Mine is red delicious apples. Sweet, high fiber, low calorie and satisfying. I eat 1 or 2 everyday. Find what works for you and is easy.

Exercise is hard and you have to make time for it. You can't fit it in when you have extra time in your schedule. It need to be part of the schedule. Don't expect to perfect at this just keep trying and you will get better as you go. There are no quick easy fixes, there will be struggles but if you keep trying you will find success
  • kelbels1
    Options
    79ik4xharakf.jpg
  • elleT31
    elleT31 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    kelbels1 wrote: »
    Lost about 5 lbs. needing do more exercise. Fibromyalgia is slowing me down. Anyone with tips to reduce the pain.

Have dealt with fibro since teens. Best for me is anti inflammatory diet and herbs like tumeric, cinnamon, coconut oil and eo's. Better than all the presc drugs. Also do not push too hard or long with exercise sessions except walking. Too much weight or pushing too hard always causes a flare. I walk a lot-80 lost, 40 to go. Wishing you success!
  • elleT31
    elleT31 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Would love to join your group, anyone feel free to friend me too. Lost 80 total now, 40-50 to go. I'm 47, fibro since a teen, multiple back surgeries and need a knee due to an accident. Always had to work at my weight but early menopause (done at 42) and disability caused it to spiral out of control. Weight loss has slowed from 1-2 a week to 1-2 lbs a month :( use MFP and MMF to track food and exercise, and have to regain the motivation!
  • kelbels1
    Options
    v03ax3v6pea0.jpg
  • Numer1ca
    Numer1ca Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 and have 40 pounds to lose. I really like MFP and feel like it is really helpful. I have a slow but steady weight loss. So I'm pretty happy.
  • peternixon12
    peternixon12 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm peter I'm 51 just trying to loose 14 lb and get healthier , any body add me if you want
  • SkinnyWannabe30
    SkinnyWannabe30 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I just turned 42! eek and I have been chasing the weight loss dream for most of my adult life. I have suffered health issues for a a good 5 years now, one thing after another and I am just really ready to get healthy and fit. I am learning how to eat and finally getting back into exercise. Just joined a 3 mornings a week bootcamp that is going to kick my butt, first class was Monday and it goes for 8 weeks so I am super excited to start seeing some results. I would love support and motivation and love groups like this. Please add me if you like. ~Cheers
  • Lee_Fitnesspla
    Lee_Fitnesspla Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    kelbels1 wrote: »
    v03ax3v6pea0.jpg

Kelbels, I love, love, love your meme. Thank you for posting it.
  • bodymindmusic
    bodymindmusic Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    We're not in midlife - were just getting started! I just turned 42 and I'm loving it! The 40s are the best!!
    Day 244, 700 miles, 31 lbs down, 80 more to go.
    Anyone feel free to Add me!
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Yes! Could use a group tackling the issues of an aging body. I think I'm going through perimenopause right now and it sucks. I've never really had to struggle with weight for most of my life and could eat whatever I wanted, but no more. So, for the first time in my life I'm having to deny myself treats, plan my meals and stick to a strict exercise regime. Total lifestyle change. I committed to 12 weeks, but I hope I can keep it up. On week 5 now.
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Don't you know: the 40s are the new 30s (at least that's what I'd like to think. LOL!)? I'm 46 (feeling 36) and am trying to lose the usual 15 lbs. I'm fairly active on and off the boards and I'm a total foodie and the lover of wine. If I can control the eating habits, I wouldn't be here. Feel free to add me
  • kelbels1
    Options
    When I first started I wasn't sure I could it. I pushed forward each day and some days were a step back. I pumped myself up, got some good friends on here that pump me up when I am down, reminded myself why I am doing this, dug deep and pushed on. Now I am 20 pounds less and more confident that I can go the distance. Not all at once but a pound here and half a pound there because they all add up to feeling better, being healthier and living a more active life.
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Now 4 months in...down over 35lbs. I am now getting close to my lowest weight from my 30's which was about the time I was off on paternity leave with my first kid. That was 210...I am about 8 lbs away. I do think I am in better overall shape at this point as well...

Finaly weight...who knows. It will be more about look and feel than a number..
  • bjaneb
    bjaneb Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am 50 with 50 pounds to lose. I just started going back to the gym and the machines are so intimidating. Would love to hear about everyone's exercise plans. Feel free to add me.
  • kelbels1
    Options
    tp44utgtebxw.jpeg
    I think I am going to a bit more umph in my days.
  • kelbels1
    Options
    I like being in 40 in most ways. Even though it is more difficult to stay in shape I am more willing to make the effort because I realize it won't get easier in my 50s. If I want to be active, enjoy my grandkids, enjoy that well deserved retirement it is critical to start on a journey to a healthy me.
  • Ant488
    Ant488 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    True!
  • kelbels1
    Options
    Down 25 lbs and feeling pretty good. Looking forward to more success.
  • kelbels1
    Options
    13hq2kuch9zo.jpeg