My Wedding is in 30 days!!! HELP!!!

Options
13»

Replies

• KhaleesiBlue
    KhaleesiBlue Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    If you lose weight now, your dress may not fit. But in 30 days I doubt you will be able to lose a significant amount anyway. This is something that should have been started several months ago. However, start eating right right now, decide that you are going to to start eating healthier and make better choices and you will lose weight. It won't be immediate, but there's no time to start like the present :) Enjoy your wedding OP!
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Sarahb29 wrote: »
    With only 30 days just do your best to maintain your weight now so you can still fit into your dress. Eat healthy and focus on getting things in order for your big day. Enjoy your wedding and start a diet after your honeymoon :)

I'm in the "don't mess with the fit" camp. Enjoy your glorious day. So much has led up to this, just relax, be yourself and have fun. Easier said than done lol but give it a shot
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Crash dieting is probably a bad idea for all the reasons mentioned but if have made up your mind that you're 100% going to try it, consider this plan.
    http://www.amazon.com/The-Rapid-Fat-Loss-Handbook/dp/0967145643

At least it's well thought out and safe. Not cheap but it might be cheaper elsewhere in pdf form.
  • joinn68
    joinn68 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    jaynee7283 wrote: »
    Am I the only in the camp of "just enjoy your wedding date - your fiance loves you the way you are so no need to stress out about it"?

You have enough going on planning the wedding that you don't need to add the stress of trying to lose ANY kind of weight before the wedding.

I feel a lot better in general at a higher weight but eating and moving well and losing steadily than I do at a lower weight but sedentary and gaining.

I'll echo these two : your fiance, your friends and family love you the way you are. And... I feel a lot better mentally if I am exercising. Saved the weight loss for after the wedding. Enough stress already preparing for it I would think
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Jozzmenia wrote: »
    you can study on the treadmill? impossible for me lol. bike maybe.
    I've noticed a girl at my gym with a textbook propped on the elliptical. I couldn't do it but she does, with occasional slowing down periods to highlight and write in the margin.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Jozzmenia wrote: »
    you can study on the treadmill? impossible for me lol. bike maybe.

Sure..bike or elliptical work better. You can also get a set of portable bike peddles to put under your desk--they sell them at Walgreens.
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    brittanygv wrote: »
    Ok - so heres the thing: my wedding is in 30 days and I am technically 50 pounds overweight. I am 5'10 and weigh 205 lbs with 15 lbs gained since August last year because of stress and overeating. I thought I was losing weight over the past month because I have been paying attention to my portions and making, what I thought, were better choices, but obviously not.

I need help!!! My wedding is in 30 days and I don't want to look or feel like the fat cow I feel like right now. Obviously, I can't lose it all but I don't know where to begin in losing any! I have always struggled with my weight and I feel stuck- like I can't change this body no matter what I do. I literally feel gross every time I put clothes on. This is not how I want to feel when I am putting on my wedding dress.

Any advice?

Get a time machine.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Has your dress already been altered to fit you? If so, please be wary about losing even a few lbs because it could cause a last minute crisis with a dress that won't stay up! With only 30 days to go you can definitely feel better by eating well and being active but please don't put pressure yourself at an already stressful time. Enjoy your day and marrying your love!

There's a post circulating around reddit at the moment which is a cautionary tale on why attempts at last minute weight loss can be a very bad idea indeed. As the tale goes a bride used shakes to get rid of some bloating and on the day 'gambled on a fart and lost' while wearing a very expensive gown, shape wear and only having access to a portajohns... Carnage followed.