I know they say you shouldn't lose weight too fast BUT, I really want to lose 4lbs a week

Options
1235»

Replies

• CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    brower47 wrote: »
    laney4088 wrote: »
    I need to lose 4 lbs a week for 12wks. Does anyone have any suggestions for this? I have 100 to get rid of.
    psulemon wrote: »
    Realistically, you will not be able to cut the much fat a week. General rule of thumb is 1% body mass a month.

Why is this thread still here?

In the ever-fleeting hope that other new people read it and see a giant flock of people all shouting "NO" at woo/derp so they get a clue before it's too late and they're eating skinny people poop?

This must be in the alternate TOS that I've missed somehow.

Right here in river city actually.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10324189/eating-poop-for-weight-loss

Have fun reading that one, the gif's are quite hilarious

ETA: maybe safer to read on an empty stomach.

I read that one the other morning. I'm not sure how the two are related.

You asked why the post was still up. I was pointing out (with apparently too-dry humor) that I think they left it up in the hopes that people would read it, see many responses calling it crazy, and not do it. The eating poop thing was the too-dry humor part. I forget you can't read tone and there is no sarcasm font.

I wonder what sarcasm font would look like.

I'm going to go put in a suggestion in the forum suggestion thread.

Maybe it will get implemented tomorrow.

Well, in the meantime, I've resolved to use this: :|

That looks more like confusion than sarcasm. Now I'm wondering what a sarcasm emoji looks like.

I wonder if the old MFP set had one. Off to look.

I found this on google:) I love it!

t7pt0smsncgz.jpg
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 4 lbs a week for 12wks. Does anyone have any suggestions for this? I have 100 to get rid of.
    Realistically, you will not be able to cut the much fat a week. General rule of thumb is 1% body mass a month.

In the ever-fleeting hope that other new people read it and see a giant flock of people all shouting "NO" at woo/derp so they get a clue before it's too late and they're eating skinny people poop?

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10324189/eating-poop-for-weight-loss

You asked why the post was still up. I was pointing out (with apparently too-dry humor) that I think they left it up in the hopes that people would read it, see many responses calling it crazy, and not do it. The eating poop thing was the too-dry humor part. I forget you can't read tone and there is no sarcasm font.

That looks more like confusion than sarcasm. Now I'm wondering what a sarcasm emoji looks like.

Nah, none of the give me the sarcastic vibe. I love the old ones.

For anyone else that's feeling nostalgic:

:wink:
    :devil:
    :laugh:
    :smokin:
    :glasses:
    :drinker:
    :sick:
    :noway:
    :heart:
    :huh:
    :angry:
    :sad:
    :flowerforyou:
    :grumble:
    :explode:
    :cry:
    :yawn:
    :smooched:
    :ohwell:
    :bigsmile:
    :blushing:
    :brokenheart:
    :frown:
    :embarassed:
    :indifferent:
    :love:
    :mad:
    :tongue:
    :happy:

• brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

I found this on google:) I love it!

t7pt0smsncgz.jpg

That one's not bad since the text is included. They need to emoji that Willy Wonka meme somehow. That's sarcasm personified.
  • duddysdad
    duddysdad Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    When I weighed 340 pound, I cut my calories down to 1200 and lost about 18 pounds per month for a few months. I was doctor supervised, had bloodwork, constant monitoring, etc. Don't do it on your own.
  • samgamgee
    samgamgee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    OP, if you're still reading, like many people have said I totally understand wanting the weight gone as soon as possible, but you've got to buckle up for the ride. Time will pass no matter what, so spend that time making good choices, taking care of your body, and learning how to eat reasonable portions. If you spend the time that you're given wisely, you'll lose weight at a safe rate and by the time you reach your goal you'll have developed a skill set that you can apply to make healthy choices for the rest of your life. Good luck - weighing food and sticking to your calorie goals is simple, but it takes planning and dedication.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,218 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders

a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.
    b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote, glamorize, or achieve dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.
    c) Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness will be deleted.
    d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal.

MyFitnessPal strongly recommends that anyone suffering from the symptoms of Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia, or Compulsive eating make use of the resources offered by the National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders. You may reach the ANAD hotline by phone in the US: 847-831-3438 (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, Central Time) or on the web at http://www.anad.org/site/anadweb/

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

Thanks for your understanding,
    JustSomeEm
    MyFitnessPal Moderator
This discussion has been closed.