I have a vagina.

Replies

• Healthy_4_Life2
    Healthy_4_Life2 Posts: 595 Member
    I seriously doubt that the creators of these threads really expect the exclusion to hold. In fact, I think the opposite happens. Nothing draws one faster to a thread than being told you can't participate ...

^^^^^^I agree with this!!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    I usually don't respond to those threads because the small-minded nature of trying to exclude 1/2 of the population just based upon genitals is ridiculous. I supposed gay men are allowed to respond but not lesbians? *eyeroll* But I agree with you. I am attracted to women and men, so if I had a strong feeling about my personal answer to questions like that I would respond anyway.

BTW, for me, short skirt/dress and boots does it every time. :love:

That does it for me sometimes, but not every time. I definitely LOVE the professional look. (And I don't mean prostitute) lol

And yeah, heterosexism and really sexism as well are both rampant here on MFP. I am just doing my part to change that a little I guess.

I suspect you are changing absolutely nothing...

...and do you really believe heterosexism/sexism are both more rampant here on MFP than they are on any other internet site? I suspect this is a simple case of you seeing that for which you are looking.
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    LOLZ love that song
  • I think you're taking this a little too seriously, this is Chit-Chat, Fun, and Games the land of " would you bang, rate /10, do dfg to the person above you"

^^^^Agreed! ...10 btw. :)
  • YOU GO GIRL!! YOU JUST GO!
  • Lennonluv2
    Lennonluv2 Posts: 956 Member
    Just because I love this from the White Tee SHirt thread - which started all this kerfluffle:

tumblr_lzzw85IoSe1qfbfolo1_500.jpg

This^ just made my day. Hilarious.
  • UnwrappingCandy
    UnwrappingCandy Posts: 418 Member
    The mere fact that there are both men and women looking at and posting on this thread negates your argument. In fact those types of titles are likely designed to get people to check them out. you know like posting a thread entitles "I have a vagina". You know that it will attract both sexes an incite exactly what you got here.

Stop crying and let people do what they want. If they want to post such topics that is their right, just like you. Stop judging and hating just because there are people that don't share your self esteem issues.

oooooh, salty. This all started when someone actually tried enforcing sex segregation after I commented in one of those threads. I had no problem with the thread itself, and I don't have a problem with those threads in general. They are silly, but there's nothing wrong with that. Most of the internet is silly. But actually thinking that you can enforce the sex segregation, especially when you're not even the OP, well, that's even sillier.

This thread was meant to be semi-serious. You just took seriousness to new level by thinking that I am hating on anyone. lol You're funny.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Kangaroos have two vaginas. WHERE DO THEY BELONG? :angry:
  • UnwrappingCandy

...and do you really believe heterosexism/sexism are both more rampant here on MFP than they are on any other internet site? I suspect this is a simple case of you seeing that for which you are looking.

Did I ever say that these issues are more rampant here than on any other internet site? No? Okay, move on.
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Just because I love this from the White Tee SHirt thread - which started all this kerfluffle:

tumblr_lzzw85IoSe1qfbfolo1_500.jpg

Getting out ALL the Cake cd's.

Now i want cake.
  • debbash68
    debbash68 Posts: 981 Member
    They wouldn't be posting as they can't type due to very small arms / poor dexterity / long claws
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    They wouldn't be posting as they can't type due to very small arms / poor dexterity / long claws

Oh. That sounds reasonable. Carry on.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member

Did I ever say that these issues are more rampant here than on any other internet site? No? Okay, move on.

Interesting. So you believe it is rampant everywhere then?

This just further supports the suspicion shared in the last sentence of my post.

And on what basis should I "move on"? Because you as OP said so? I suppose this is entirely different than the exclusionary requests of other OPs, right?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,319 Member
    Getting out ALL the Cake cd's.

Now i want cake.

Me too. I also want to unwrap some candy.
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    The mere fact that there are both men and women looking at and posting on this thread negates your argument. In fact those types of titles are likely designed to get people to check them out. you know like posting a thread entitles "I have a vagina". You know that it will attract both sexes an incite exactly what you got here.

Stop crying and let people do what they want. If they want to post such topics that is their right, just like you. Stop judging and hating just because there are people that don't share your self esteem issues.

oooooh, salty. This all started when someone actually tried enforcing sex segregation after I commented in one of those threads. I had no problem with the thread itself, and I don't have a problem with those threads in general. They are silly, but there's nothing wrong with that. Most of the internet is silly. But actually thinking that you can enforce the sex segregation, especially when you're not even the OP, well, that's even sillier.

This thread was meant to be semi-serious. You just took seriousness to new level by thinking that I am hating on anyone. lol You're funny.

So your post isn't a giant waste of time why?
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Only men can respond from this point on. I have designated myself the Official Defender of the Thread Against The Tyranny of Female Organs.

You are welcome.
  • UnwrappingCandy

Oh no. I knew it would be, and I haven't once stated that it isn't. Cheers.
  • xaMErica
    xaMErica Posts: 284 Member
    :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Seriously! I don't usually get snippy on these threads.. but this isn't 'sexist'! There are some issues that MEN will have no understanding of! MEN don't have vaginas, therefore.. they can't share their experience with which tampon they prefer! And I am not a MAN so I have no idea what they are talking about if they pull a penis muscle! GEEZ!

When I see a topic saying 'LADIES ONLY'.. I expect a period/ tampon/ bra/ underwear question. Not some big sexist thing. Men and WOMEN are different. Our bodies do different things. We face different challenges. Of course its the internet and men will read ladies only posts... no big deal! 'Ladies Only' or 'Men Only' is just a heads up.. this is probably a question that girls might not have experience with.. or men wont.

Put your big girl panties on and deal.
    BTW: I also have a vag... and I'm not easily offended like some ladies.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member

Oh no. I knew it would be, and I haven't once stated that it isn't. Cheers.

Men only.
  • UnwrappingCandy
    Only men can respond from this point on. I have designated myself the Official Defender of the Thread Against The Tyranny of Female Organs.

You are welcome.

How about a compromise: only men with a vagina can respond from this point on.
This discussion has been closed.