sizes

Options
foxyforce
foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
I am curious to know what everyone's sizes are compared to their weight and height. This is something I get really hung up on, and I know I shouldn't, but just to see where everyone else is at, please post:

5'10", 145 lbs, size 9

Replies

• LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    The only problem is that sizes are different in other countries.

I come from the UK, am 5ft 7" tall, 166lbs at the moment and in a size 14 (UK size) which, I hasten to add is now becoming loose yay!!!
  • lauraparkerrr
    lauraparkerrr Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm generally a UK size 10 but i can range between an 8 and a 12 depending on the shop.
  • amg5157
    amg5157 Posts: 52
    Options
    Im 5'7" 139lbs and can either wear a 2, 4, or 6 depending on who makes the cloths.... i want to be a solid 2 again no matter what!
  • shellshalla
    shellshalla Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I'm in the U.S. - 5'8'' 150 pounds and about a size 10...some places a 12. I have an hourglass figure also, so my size is never going to be really small because of my hips. Which is A-OK with me :)
  • Sweetie_Pie92
    Sweetie_Pie92 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7'' and 220 pounds. I'm usually a US size 16.
  • DJDUFFY
    DJDUFFY Posts: 98
    Options
    I'm in Wisc-5'6" and i weight 238 and size 20
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" and weigh 160 lbs. My size is an 8 (US).
  • spitfire1962
    spitfire1962 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4, weigh 207 and I'm in a size 16 pants, and they are getting loose. ;)
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Im 5'7" 139lbs and can either wear a 2, 4, or 6 depending on who makes the cloths.... i want to be a solid 2 again no matter what!

This is why I don't buy into the whole size thing. I'm 5'7 and 130 and wear a solid 6. No way I could fit into a 4 or 2.

Too many manufacturers have vanity sizing these days.
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Im in the UK. I am 5'6 and 113lbs. Depending on the shop I can be a size 6 all the way up to a 12!
  • valleyp
    valleyp Posts: 49
    Options
    5' 1 1/2", 140 lbs and a size 8 mostly--occassionally I can wear a size 6-- a really big 6, LOL.
  • TKelly06
    TKelly06 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and i can either fit into a 14 or 16 US depending on the store.
  • Melissa_123
    Melissa_123 Posts: 115
    Options
    I am 5' 4" 140 lbs. I wear a 4 or 6. I don't really have a butt and I think that is why, lol. But whatever.....:smile:
  • KiriKiriKiri
    KiriKiriKiri Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I am 5'3 and I am declining to state my weight (sheepish about that) but I will tell you that I am in the 120's and I wear anywhere from a 0-4 depending on the clothing brand. I carry most of my weight in my booty, so the best jeans I find for my fit are the Gap Curvy Flare and those run on the large side, hence the smaller size. Does that make sense? I need new Citizens and 7's but I am waiting until I loose the rest of the weight to try them on, so I don't know what size I would wear... in tops, I am def a small or extra small. Bra size is 32C. I think it just depends on body type, really!
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 3/4" 143 pounds, I can wear anywhere form 9-11... 11 NEEDS a belt, 9 is getting there!

Need new shoes b/c they're now about 1/2 inch too big, woulda thunk eh! Got 'em for Christmas from the hubs... It's about a 45 pounds loss since then.. apparently some of that was from my feet!
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I've realized that its better not to be hung up on a size. My goal weight is 140, because when I was 140 before I got married, I was a size 6/8. Now, because I have more muscle tone, I may end up needing to have my wardrobe taken in. Right now I'm a 8/10/12 at 169. The only thing i'm a 12 in though are jeans and pants. Skirts are all size 8/10 already. My goal is really to be healthy and lean. I don't want to be skinny bc I personally don't find it attractive and I don't want to have to struggle to always stay super skinny. I'd rather be healthy and happy at my weight.
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I forgot to say that I am 5'4"
  • little_miss_very_bad
    little_miss_very_bad Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft6, 150 lbs and wear a UK size 10/12.
  • brujeria48
    brujeria48 Posts: 25
    Options
    5ft 3inches and 109 pounds. My size ranges from 0-3. It's totally dependent on the brand of clothes.

While lots of us can fixate on numbers, whether it be the scale or the clothing size, I really try to focus on my body composition more now that I've lost my extra pounds. That's a hard adjustment to make.
  • dietsarethedeathofme
    Options
    I am 5'5 and I weigh 211 and I wear a size 18-20 I carry most of my weight in my hips and thighs. Back when I weighed 150 (about 4 yrs ago) I wore an 11/12.