sizes

Options

Replies

• July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    In the U.S, and I am 5'3", weighed in at Dr today at 223 and wear size 14 and 16.
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 7.5" and 165lbs and wear size 8 slacks. Jeans run a bit different, depending on the cut. I wear 8 or 10 jeans.

But, before baby number 5, I was 147lbs wearing a loose 4 (had one pair of size 2) and solid size 6 or 8 jeans but Juniors size 7 jeans or loose 9 (I can fit my Levi's Junior 9 right now). Amazing how bodies are so different.
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I seriously don't get sizes....

My cheat scale weigh in just showed me as 156.2 lbs (my official weigh in is every Monday). So I am 5'7" and 156 lbs. I wear a 9/10... where are these 6s and 8s that y'all are putting on? I must start shopping there =P

But seriously, I now can wear my 8s from old Navy and my 6s from The Gap. But I tend more towards junior sized clothing so I am borderline from 9/10 and 11/12.

So I wear anywhere from 6-12. Joy. Even my bra size is wonky... depending on brand I am either a 34D or a 36D. Weird.

Well I am assuming you are in the US where there are two different sizing systems regular woman sizes, which are the 2, 4, 6, 8, 10,12... and then there is Junior/Misses sizing 0,1,2,3,5,7,9,11,13...

Junior sizing tend to run smaller then woman's. At my optimal weight of 147lbs, I could wear size 4 slacks comfy, 6/8 jeans...but in Juniors sizes the jeans I could fit in is a tight 7 and comfy/lose 9. At 165 I am fitting my 9 Juniors.
  • jmathews
    jmathews Posts: 196
    Options
    I'm 5'7'ish... My average weight is around 140 lbs... I typically wear a size 6, but recently was able to get into all of my size 4 skirts and a few size 4 pants comfortably. I'm pretty muscular and I tend to have problems finding pants/jeans that are small enough for my waist but aren't skin tight through my thighs!

Anyone have any suggestions for jeans to try??

I have very muscular thighs as well...I recently bought some Miss Me jeans and they fit like they were made for me. Luv them!!!
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    5'5", 160 lbs, Perfect size 10!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and 162 lbs, wearing a US Medium (or 10/12) on top and a 14 on bottom.
  • DZKathryn
    DZKathryn Posts: 5
    Options
    Hey all,

I am:
    5'9
    about 180lbs ish
    and wear 12/14 in US sizes
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7", I weigh 229 right now. I fit into a size 18 or 20 depending on the clothing but they are all between comfy and loose. I can fit into 16 pants from old navy but they dont look good on me yet.
  • SaveTheDrama
    Options
    USA 5'6" 160lbs size 8!
  • EmilysMommy
    EmilysMommy Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and I weigh 319 pounds, I wear 22/24 just depends! Gosh that looks awful when I have to read it, can't wait to loose this weight!
  • Burtonrah
    Burtonrah Posts: 142
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and 170lbs and wear 12/14. My goal with weight loss is to fit in to single digit sizes!! I've been as low as 159 and still fit 12/14!! Body type has to have something to do with it.

Where did you find the Miss Me jeans? I have larger hips and thighs, would love to make my behind look better ;)
  • rowie
    rowie Posts: 75
    Options
    I am 5'4", 135lbs, and somewhere between sizes 8-6, depending on the brand. My size 8 Gap pants are loose, and the size 6 Calvin Kleins are slightly tight. My "biggest" problem is my ample booty! I am definately a pear shape!
  • shawnalmil
    shawnalmil Posts: 137
    Options
    im 233 and im 5 foot 1 onch and im a size 24, my hips are the biggest part so i have to have jeans to fit there, and of course they are way huge in the legs, and when my friends ask me what size pants i have they dont believe me,
  • justkeeprunning
    Options
    5'6, 111, 0
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3", 174 lbs, and I'm in size 14 pants right now. However since it's summer and I'm shrinking, I've only bought 2 new pairs of jeans and one pair of work pants, so I haven't tried on a big sample of size 14. I'm hoping I'll fit into a size 12 pant by the fall and then I'll get some more. I'm smaller on top, I fit into Size L tops now. On a realllly rare occasion a medium. The bottom of me just needs to catch up! I have a feeling it'll start dropping fast once I get down below a 12, since the difference between sizes is smaller.
  • lcheney89
    lcheney89 Posts: 10
    Options
    5'6" 150 lbs USA size 8
  • bonnymom
    bonnymom Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    5'3.75", 252.5lbs, USA size 18W-22W depending on the brand.
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    5'8.5"
    bottom (18-20)
    top(16-18)

I find sizing weird but I'm happy to shrink out of all of them..someone found an old sweater of mine @ work the other day mens/2X that was too small when I lost it. Now I can almost wrap it right around my body..nice to know I won't have to order men's sizes when there are big group orders for things(work uniform sweater).
  • XoXoCountryGalXoXo
    XoXoCountryGalXoXo Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    5'5''&3/4 tall and 160-165 pounds. Wear a size eight! And need a belt now!
  • maureensm
    maureensm Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    5'7" and 167. I'm currently an 8 on good days and a 10 on others. ;)