sizes

Options

Replies

• Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hi there, I'm 5 ft 6.5 (that half is extra important to me) lol...and weight 171lb

Currently a size 14 (UK)...managed to move down from a 16! wahey!
  • rells
    rells Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I was UK size 12 on top and 14 for trousers, & skirts. I'm 5" 4 and have lost 12 pounds with MFP.
    NOW I'm 153 and think I'm a 10 on top hand yipee a size12 lower half.
    It's a great feeling having lose clothing. And getting to smaller trousers and shorts.
    :)))
  • gabyp0716
    gabyp0716 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm 6'0" tall. 174 lbs. I'm a size 10, some places I'm a size 12. I hate that. I would be soo happy being a size 8 thats what I'm going for. I know I'm already in healthy range. And I'm really tall and have ton of curve and muscle so weight is not that big of a deal (although 165 would be great!) but I just want to be a size 8.
    Gaby
  • AtomicLemon
    AtomicLemon Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    USA
    5'11"
    238lbs
    Size 20
  • diallor
    diallor Posts: 8
    Options
    Well I'm not sure where I fit in all of this. I am 5'6 1/2 and I weigh 176.6lbs. My bra size is 38 C and I have now begun to wear a size 8/10, of course that depends on the brand name too. However, I can't seem to understand why after a 20lb wt loss I can wear a size 8, but anyone else who is either larger, taller or even wearing a size 16 weighs much less. Bones, maybe? Not sure, but I would love to weigh at least 145, who know what size I will be able to get into then. Besides, the sizes nowadays comparable to 10-15 years ago have added inches just to make people feel better about their sizes. I remember when I wore a size 8 and I was only 141lbs then. Yep and even at 150, I wore a size 9/10. What do you think?
  • ican♥and♥iwill
    ican♥and♥iwill Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 about *almost* 185lbs, I currently wear a 14. I recently just fit into a 12 (yay me!) but I don't think I'm ready for ALL 12's just yet. I've tried on size 12 shorts, NOT PRETTY! It's mostly my thighs :o| I think I could probably manage a size 12 in jeans, but it's just tooooo dang hot.
  • Glitter_pumpkin
    Options
    I'm 5' 4" and 120 pounds. I wear anything from a 0 to a 5 depending on the brand.
  • david1956
    david1956 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Slightly off topic, hope you don't mind, but I'm sure someone here can explain something to me. My male brain understands lofts of golf sand wedges etc but not certain other things.

What is the waist measurement of jeans derived from? I take a size 33" Levis and have for ages, though now they feel a bit sloppy and I could probably look at 32" next time I buy some. I definitely don't huff and puff or suck anything in to wear them, if anything they are a bit big.

Anyway recently I measured myself everywhere possible trying to figure what bit of me was 33". But no matter which circumference I tried, like hips, waist, etc the measurements seemed to measure more than my jeans waist size. Huh? Where does that 33" measurement come from?

Reason this is important, a friend is sending some Levis from the States (more variety, better quality, cheaper etc) and she said, "Are you sure you're 33. That sounds skinny, my men are much more than that." And I'm thinking "surely Levis measurements are the same anywhere in the world?" That's what started me on my measurement thing. And I'm confused. One thing, my butt and hips are defintely small. I still carry some fat on my stomach but not a real lot.

Ladies, which bit of me should I be measuring?
  • junebug523
    junebug523 Posts: 196
    Options
    5'2"
    154 lbs.
    Pants/skirts are usually a 10. If I wanted to wear skinny jeans (which would look completely ridiculous on me with my booty and...um...generous thighs) I'd probably need a 12. I'd like to shift things down a notch and be more of a consistent 4/6, with an occasional 8 if it's a very tight cut.
    Chest and waist are smaller; usually I wear a small. Sometimes medium. Those mediums are starting to get a little big!
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Slightly off topic, hope you don't mind, but I'm sure someone here can explain something to me. My male brain understands lofts of golf sand wedges etc but not certain other things.

What is the waist measurement of jeans derived from? I take a size 33" Levis and have for ages, though now they feel a bit sloppy and I could probably look at 32" next time I buy some. I definitely don't huff and puff or suck anything in to wear them, if anything they are a bit big.

Anyway recently I measured myself everywhere possible trying to figure what bit of me was 33". But no matter which circumference I tried, like hips, waist, etc the measurements seemed to measure more than my jeans waist size. Huh? Where does that 33" measurement come from?

Reason this is important, a friend is sending some Levis from the States (more variety, better quality, cheaper etc) and she said, "Are you sure you're 33. That sounds skinny, my men are much more than that." And I'm thinking "surely Levis measurements are the same anywhere in the world?" That's what started me on my measurement thing. And I'm confused. One thing, my butt and hips are defintely small. I still carry some fat on my stomach but not a real lot.

Hi that would be the waist, be careful though as US sizing is different from UK sizing - however, if you say you are a 33 and the jeans from the US are 33, they have to be 33 and that's that (if you see what I mean :laugh: )
  • Arynamber
    Arynamber Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    5'5, 151, and size M shirts, 10,12 jeans, 8 skirts.
  • NikkiLaFleur
    Options
    I'm 5'3, 152lbs and currently a size 9-11. It really depends on the jeans I wear...but I have a big butt lol and even when I was 130lbs I was still in an 8 or 9
  • smconstantine
    smconstantine Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I think sizes are all screwy, that said - i still get annoyed with it all. ughh.

5'5, 138

size 8 in pants, M in shirts, 6 in skirts, 29 in jeans. this whole pear shape thing does not do well with pant sizes.

I also teach, so i tend to wear my clothes a little loser than others.
  • Mirlyn
    Mirlyn Posts: 256
    Options
    5'3.5" 219.2lbs. Currently wearing a 22 but they fall off of me and I need to go down a size but don't want to spend the money until I lose another size and can fit in Target's cheap 18's :P.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options

i personally think they just make the numbers up...but that is just me.
  • somigliana
    somigliana Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and 150lbs... UK size 10 or 12 (I believe that's a 8 or 10 in US sizes) for pants but a size larger in shirts -- I have slim hips and no butt, LOL.
  • fivefatcats
    fivefatcats Posts: 368
    Options
    DIOLLAR - I could totally just copy/paste your post.

I am 5'6 1/2" , currently 174.8 and am generally wearing a 12 off the shelf, M/L shirts. I have Lee rider stretch jeans in every size from 22 to 6 now. I can comfortably wear the 10s but squeezed into a 6 at Goodwill today - I bought them as my new 'goal' pants.

I, too, can't wait to see what size I get to after losing another 20 lbs!!! I'd love to wear a 6 off the shelf!
  • deeann1459
    deeann1459 Posts: 116
    Options
    I seriously don't get sizes....

My cheat scale weigh in just showed me as 156.2 lbs (my official weigh in is every Monday). So I am 5'7" and 156 lbs. I wear a 9/10... where are these 6s and 8s that y'all are putting on? I must start shopping there =P

But seriously, I now can wear my 8s from old Navy and my 6s from The Gap. But I tend more towards junior sized clothing so I am borderline from 9/10 and 11/12.

So I wear anywhere from 6-12. Joy. Even my bra size is wonky... depending on brand I am either a 34D or a 36D. Weird.
  • kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    5'4" 180 and about an American 12 or 14. Unless they are lowrise then I have gone as big at 17. I have a big butt and I can't get any coverage with lowrise jeans.

Even when I was about 130 I was an 8 or 10. My smallest was a 5 when I weighed about 115, but I was very sickly then and looked like I was on drugs. Not a good look.
  • jlclarke
    jlclarke Posts: 107
    Options
    I am 5'3" tall 177 lbs I wear anywhere between a 14-17 depending on the style. When I was 115 lbs I wore a 16 in kids to 0 in juniors. Miss those days.....lol