cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,331 Member
    Options
    Booked the hotel in Malaga for the first two nights. :D

Heather UK

Welcome to the new UK lady! :flowerforyou:
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Margaret, sorry you fell. Hope you feel better quickly.
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Miriam – Yes, that does answer question. I just end up having more ‘mood swings’ when my medications don’t seem to be working for me. They can get ‘whacked out’ due to a physical illness. Since last Friday until yesterday, I have been battling the 4th UTI since 12/1/2015. PA of GP had seen me; on Tuesday GYN emptied bladder of urine. Next morning I was ‘commode-hugging, knee-walking, and dry-heaving’ sick most of the morning. Told nurse that I really did not want to ‘face him’ if he was planning on doing a ‘rectal’ exam. I’d have been MORTIFIED. She said she’d give him a “heads up’. Wondered if that should have been a “tails up” … but, he did not do a ‘rectal’. Nurse and I were laughing about it. She said she ‘would pay me’. Still did not want to embarrass myself because I did not know if I would hit him face-first or waist first. I went home and started ‘giggling and laughing’ so hard that DH said I was ‘scaring him’. He thought I was beginning a 'manic moment. Maybe I was since I 'giggled and laughed' so hard that I could not answer him. I know this went on for over 10 minutes. I still have to stifle the urge to not 'burst into giggling' again, before I got to the MBR to go to bed.

Finally, able to describe ‘things’; and, DH DID NOT ‘think it was nice’; and, DID NOT ‘think it was ‘funny'. MD probably would ‘think’ it was funny and was laughing when he came in yesterday to talk to me. I wanted to wear a brown paper bag with “Guess who; and, first 2 did not count.” He did a sonogram yesterday and, it showed no stones in kidneys or bladder; no tumors, and they were working the way should. Night before last I started feeling better. Long story, made short; did not have to wear the paper sack. He did a sonogram and said there were no stones, no tumors, and kidneys and bladder were working the way they should.

Janetr in OK – So very sorry to hear about for the tragedy that has happened to your family. Praying and sending positive thoughts.

KJLaMore – My DYS got married, for the first time, back in May and I really miss seeing them out in Louisiana. DYS has been paying ‘double payment ‘on his college tuition’ for quite a while; trying to pay it off. He and DDnL#2 are looking for some land they can buy and one day build a house on. I’m hoping they will give us another grandchild; but, she might have a hard time getting pregnant. If she does she will have to have that procedure that keeps the cervix close. She started on fertility drugs; but, went off because it was making her hair fall out. She is a cosmetologist and did not want for her hair to be falling out when she is supposed to be working on clients’ hair. Would not be good. I think DYS was going to also be checked for the viability for being able to have babies, too. I guess it ‘ok’; we never heard anything about it. They called the other night and we got into a conversation that was ‘so funny’ (Farts and Feet). I just had to send her the story of the last two days. She’ll think it was a ‘hoot’.

I also don’t like house cleaning; but, when I start it – work like a dog and still don/t have time to do it all. I have become a ‘bit scattered’ recently; but, they are going to change in my meds. Now have had allergic reaction for the Bactrim I was taking. Now on a different one. Showed MD what I am allergic to and what meds and what I am on. Alter looking over it he said I needed to keep a list with me.

I’m glad that ‘long, long posts’ are help. I always wonder if it gets read. It’s like, OH $#*T; Lenora is up with it again. But typing ‘usually’ is calming – but not so much. The touchpad has been disabled; but, mouse keeps falling off armchair. I want to throw it across the room into the wall. Yesterday I was ‘so antsy’; and, today maybe not so much. Every time I drop the mouse is dropped the roller makes all that I have typed disappear. I am so tire of it rolling up or down and today typing has been stressful. Can’t seem to find the keys that I need to put my fingers on the home keys; F & J. I’m right over it and I still am typing with the next row. I hate it when I have to look down to see where my finger are on the keyboard.

drkatiebug – Where in Georgia do you live? North, middle, or south. Carol (used to be Peach) is from the same small time as mine. She is my middle sister’s age and was in her class. It’s funny I guess – but I don’t recall how we got hooked up on this ‘huge’ thread.

I can’t remember $#*T this AM, but, not as bad as yesterday. I know I was close to having an ‘episode’; and, that is ‘unsettling’, I’m calmer today; still bumping into every piece of furniture that I pass. I probably will have a leg full of bruises.

DLS1029 – I’m happy to know someone are reading them. Glad that you think I encourage you. At times I’d wish it would do the same for me. Since I can’t type without hitting the wrong keys; I am, not going to post anymore until later in the day.

I’m beginning to get frustrated about having to use my laptop’s keyboard to type. RATS! It gets so slow to do that. If I have my fingers on the “Home Keys”, I type very quickly. I need to go the library. DH has finished yet another book; I have slowed down and could not get ‘into’ once of Sue Grafton’s alphabet series.

If I can ‘believe’ my MD’s scales … it looks like I might have lost 3 more pounds; but, afraid that my trots and other bodily function's problem weighed more than a 15lb bowling ball. But, think I finally got rid of with a 'bang'. Thank goodness for coconut oil. Aahhhhhh! It might have not have weighed quite that much.

Lenora
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    :#
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Just a quick stop...

Heather - Could you use your ex's place either by yourself or with a girlfriend? It seems a shame to pass up the opportunity.

Janetr - So sorry!! Prayers and love sent your way.

Planning to go see a movie this afternoon--"Spotlight"--about sexual abuse in the church. I'm doing it for research for my position of Safe Sanctuaries chair at my church and Safe Church trainer here at the church where I work.

Off I go to do a funeral bulletin. We're expecting a minimum of 300 (all the church will seat) and I've already done refreshment/supply shopping this morning.

Have a great day!

Carol in NC
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Still working like crazy on my drafting jobs. Two more came in overnight. I want to scream and hubby has dollar signs in his eyes.

I went to the Y this morning and was sitting on the bicycle when another lady came in and sat at the bike next to me. This woman just REEKS of perfume. At least I suppose it's perfume. My lungs do not like it! And my eyes were watering. So, I got up and started in on a treadmill only to find that she had a fan blowing on her that pointed directly at the treadmills. So, I left the ladies gym and went into the big gym, but all the machines were taken. My friend was in the ladies gym on the stepper and she said she couldn't even smell it. Maybe it's just me.

Well, back to work I go. have a great day!

Sylvia
  • dnicoson
    dnicoson Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I am new here. Going to be 56 in one month. Lifelong dieter. The best I've ever done is late 2009-2010 when I lost 50 pounds on WW. I kept it off (within 5-10 lbs) for a couple of years. During that time I got real active, started running (bad knees kept me away when I was heavier) and felt great.

Unfortunately, between 2012-2013 menopause hit me hard (as well as some stressful life factors) and even though I was still doing WW and being active, I started gaining it back. Eventually I said "screw it" to the healthy lifestyle and just kinda fell apart.

So now here I am back to the original weight and starting over. I can't afford WW right now, but a local competition I am in gives me free access to the local Y for 9 weeks. I am trying all kinds of classes and activities now - cuz I can!

I've read some past posts and you guys are very supportive. Just like I had when I did WW years ago. Just wanted to stop in and say hi!
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Hi gals,

Gloria – glad to hear from you again- take it slow and steady – you’ll be settled before you know it.

Penny – congrats!!!

Heather – here’s to you our self appointed “HOT MAMA”

Lisa – that seems like a pretty good gig, all the flexibility to continue to make progress on your warehouse/rv parking, exercise, live where you want, and generally have the bests of both worlds - great job!!! How is the RV parking deal going? I remember the opening, but do you have your first RV or Boat or what ever yet?

Nubian – welcome

Margaret – glad you are on the mend

Dnicoson – welcome

Levi and I walked this morning and I took a picture of him I wanted to share – while it was just 36 degrees here, it is spring in CA

l5im111y9mum.jpg

Kim from N. California
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Kim Those daffodils are making me happy! I ended up getting a snow day and DD did not, oh joy I have the house to myself!!

I am feeling super proud of myself for finishing something I have been putting off for weeks! I just arranged a quartet part for a wonderful choral piece for my school orchestra and chorus to learn. It is truly tedious work for me as I am not that quick at the computer program but 3 hours in, I really like what I have down. Now I will put it in front of the musicians to see how it goes.

Thank goodness for Snowdays.

I am off to shovel and get to the gym to make even more of this gift of a day.

Karen from NY

• DLS1029
    DLS1029 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Guess what!? I walked outside today for 25 minutes!! Actually jogged a little......then came back into work. Some of the ladies I work with had a Leslie Sansone DVD going in the conference room, so I stopped in for almost 10 minutes of that too!

I feel good about that! I really miss having time for me to walk and exercise!! That brightens my mood!!!

Donna in WV
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    They still have my great-nephew on life support, They are donating as many organs as possible to those who need them. They are working at getting all that lined up before it will be final. It is very stressful for the family sitting there at the hospital and just waiting for it to be final.

Thank you all for your kind thots and words.

Janet OKC
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Janet: my prayers are with u and your family. They say God never gives us more than we can handle, sometimes I disagree. Gayle Minneapolis
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    Janetr ... Your family is in my prayers ...

Gloria ... Yay for finally getting moved!

Penny ... Congratulations on the weight loss!
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Anne from WI- I hate the thought of cleaning, but once I get started I find it almost meditative or cathartic. I am a clean house=clean soul kind of girl! Once the clutter and the dirt are gone, I feel so much better about life!

KJ ... This is exactly how I feel about cleaning!

Miriam ... Thank you for the mental health clarifications!

Katie ... My husband swears rubbing onion hands in stainless steel will remove the odor.

Sylvia ... I have an extremely sensitive nose and can barely handle scents of any kind. I bought deodorant this week that I'll just save for when I'm out ... The smell of "powder fresh" gagged me all day until I took a shower!

Just catching up ...

Beth near Buffalo

• GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    :):):)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,678 Member
    Options
    janetr- so sorry to hear

fence was done in 2 days... he must have been on meth (just kidding if u know what that is)

oh yeah, morning peeps

love your poocher pic !!

later gators

• jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Oh Janet I am so sorry for you. You sure have been through a lot. And speaking of going through a lot, isn't it Rori's husband that has the concerous lesionremoved? I haven't heard from her lately.

Daffodils at this time of year????? Where is that? Beautiful though.

Heather, I don't think I could have a vacation in an ex's home even though you have an amicable relationship.

DJ, I haven't heard how many days until your vacation!!! What's wrong with you????????

Back is hurting again today. Not enough to go back on the muscle relaxants though. Last night I did take 1/2 pill. I then had to take a Lortab because of the pain. I was very dissapointed in my bed although once the pain wa gone, it was gone. Until I wake up.

I'm afraid the night munchies visited me last night. Couldn't sleep due to pain so got up and fixed a serving of instant mashed potatoes and Lortab!!!!

Joyce, Indiana
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,880 Member
    Options
    Hello to all: Day going well so far. Went to get my hair cut and finally got her to cut it really short. She kept wanting to leave it longer and feather it, etc so it would look more feminine. I am outdoors a lot and hope to be in the pool more again. I really like it short and easy. I may have finally convinced her.

Janet OKC - Sending good thoughts for you and family.

Penny - Yeah for you! It had to be really good to see that number.

DJ - Enjoy that cruise!

Gloria - We moved in June last year and there is still a stray box or two. Just keep on and it will get done.

Must get busy and get a few things done in the house. Weekend is supposed to be dry so DD and I will be working outside most of the time I am sure. Maybe we will get our compost bins finished.

Take care, Sue in WA
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,336 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    smiley-happy110.gif...Irish Terri your cupboards look awesome

I'm doing the 52week decluttering challenge with Home Storage 101. This cupboard didn't really need much done to it. I forgot to take before pictures for the ones I did declutter.

I had already KonMari-ed my bedroom closets before I started the challenge.

Most of the clothes on hangers will have to go, but I haven't had time to go through them yet. I am now a UK small size 14 and most of those are XXL or UK Size 22. I have already donated most of my larger trousers.

0rbkomk72dod.jpg
    ibzaabgtfnyb.jpg
    e3gd9ym1udjh.jpg

I'm quite an organised person already. But I have too much stuff!

I can't believe there are 10 pages for me to catch up with. :astonished: I'm reading backwards :lol:
    We were in the Austrian mountains for a week, and are off to Rome next Wednesday, so time is very full.

Janetr So sorry to hear about your great-nephew. What a lasting memorial the organ donation is for the family.
    :heart: Prayers and positive thoughts to all the family. :heart:
    Donna in WV I love those Leslie Swanson videos.
    Lenora Write on, sister! It's good for the soul.
    Gloria Welcome back. So glad you are settling in.
    Katiebug Praise indeed. I thank you. :)
    :heart: Healing thoughts and prayers to those who need them! :heart:

[img]http://www.freesmileys.org/custom/image/grey%5E_%5Egeorgia%5E_%5E3%5E_%5E5%5E_%5EWelcome! Newbies!%5E_%5E.gif[/img]

:star: Let your light shine out in the darkness :star:

:star: Each one of us is a vital cog in an infinite universe. :star:
    We may not know our purpose, but each cog needs to be oiled and tended.

80464089.png

:star::)smiley-happy110.gif:):star:

Irish Terri harp.gif

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,789 Member
    Options
    Janet~ God Bless the family for donating his organ's they will save many a life..I was there at the hospital when they turned the life support off on my 20 yr old cousin when my son was about 18 months old, let me tell you I went home that night and made my living will.. and have kept that up.. My DMIL never had one and the Dr had to finally ask her point blank as her sons or husband wouldnt make any decisions on her behafe.. she was then put on dyalisis and, ahd a pic line put in and died a slow death for the next 6 weeks.
    Heavy wet snow around a foot, and I got to work and who was shoveling the walkway and ramp every 20 minutes or so?
    DSIL just texted me she took the 15th of Feb off too, So I will be spending the night thurs,friday,sat, sun and will feed Faith dinner and pills on monday. glad I can help out, but yikes it is sort of binding me up to not be able to do anything else..
    Oh well if it helps my brother.. I will do it..
  • kimses2
    kimses2 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone -
    I did 30 minutes P90x3 and 30 minutes of the elliptical. The Biggest Loser Challenge is keeping me accountable, which is a very good thing.

Got about a foot of snow today. So pretty out.

Kimses in MA