WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2016

Options

Replies

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Janetr - I have been gone all day and just read about the tragic loss of your Great Nephew and Dr. I'm praying for comfort for you and your family. My heart goes out to your sister and her family for the gift of life that is being given to so many. My DH donated one of his kidneys to a coworker almost 6 years ago. Her quality of life and that of her family has improved immensely. (((Hugs to you and your family)))

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Stronglifts Rest Day

Goblet squats- 3x7x30
    Russian Kettlebell swings- 22x9x30

I'm going to deload on this the next time because I'm experiencing dull pain in left hip joint and I don't want to irritate anything.

w4e8ur3l52zs.jpeg

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Janetr - I have been gone all day and just read about the tragic loss of your Great Nephew and Dr. I'm praying for comfort for you and your family. My heart goes out to your sister and her family for the gift of life that is being given to so many. My DH donated one of his kidneys to a coworker almost 6 years ago. Her quality of life and that of her family has improved immensely. (((Hugs to you and your family)))

<3

Mary from Minnesota

Mary, thank you for the kind words. I take comfort in them. You all are helping me to realize Thomas will be remembered by many for years to come, without ever even known him personally.

Janetr OKC
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Lenora - I have one of those dishwashers in my apartment on the mainland. If I get a chance I'll take a picture and post it. The tray works well. It keeps the silverware separated so everything gets clean and there aren't as many water spots. I don't remember what it cost, but considering that we had just taken a substantial loan to buy the apartment and I would have been in "compulsive miser" mode, it probably wasn't a whole lot more expensive than the other dishwashers.

Betty - Great that there's an article about Svalbard in Travel & Leisure. We'll take all the tourists we can get! But the media presence is nothing unusual here. When essentially everything in town can call itself "the world's northernmost (insert word here)" it attracts journalists. And adventure-seekers. And politicians. And top-of-the-charts musicians (at least the Norwegian ones). The Polar Jazz Festival benefits hugely from that. I don't think many towns of 2200 souls would be able to book some of the talent we're enjoying this week.

I'm not going to log my food today. Conscious choice. We've got visitors from Chile and will be taking them around while it's light (Hey! It's light out!) then doing lunch somewhere. This evening my husband and I are invited to a pre-concert mingle party where there will be lots of champagne and hors d'oeuvres. That will be dinner. And I'm hoping some of tonight's music will be dance-worthy. The last band last night was great for dancing. I had an imaginary contest with the drummer to see who would tire first. He won by a small margin, but he was about 35 years younger than me. >:)

Enjoy your Saturday!
    /Penny at the emoticon-object-026.gif
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,789 Member
    Options
    morning ladies~
    slept well and have to work today...until noon...then doing stuff around the house.aunt having surgery on her arm today, she fell a few weeks ago in a rehab place and broke her arm..she is battling cancer.. and we will probably go visit her tomorrow..
    DJ ~ thinking of going on a cruise myself.. will see if Tom is willing..
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,331 Member
    Options
    CJ - Yes, I am sooooooo excited! I do find it difficult to get used to "Spanish Time" when I first arrive. Their meal times are crazy! But it isn't long before I slot in. :D I love Spanish food and find it suits me better than Italian, which can be a bit carb heavy. Sometimes it can be difficult getting enough veggies in restaurants - you are often stuck with salad or green peppers, which I love, but would like more variety.

DJ - I am really excited for you! Today's the day! :drinker: Hope you can post a bit on board. My cruise ship in June has free wifi in the library. B) Photos please!

Penny - your projected evening sounds fabulous. Wish I could bop along with you. B) Hors d'oeuvres is always the best part of a meal!

Got to mash some boiled eggs for a sandwich.

Love Heather UK
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,331 Member
    Options
    Was listening to a programme today on Radio 4 about Carson McCullers. Would you believe I have never read any of her books?! I went straight on Kindle (which was down for a while) and got A Member of the Wedding. DH read most of her books when he was a teenager.

Going to watch a French film this afternoon. Conversations With My Gardener. With my favourite Daniel Auteuil. :love: DH is upstairs with the rugby on TV and the football on his laptop. Also keeping an eye on the cricket score on his tablet. :noway:

Had my pneumonia jab this morning. :) DH was quite ill with his, so I hope I have better luck. It was my favourite nurse giving the jab. :D

Heather in the VERY windy UK
  • tryingtolive1
    tryingtolive1 Posts: 245 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Good morning ladies. Those of you who are going through difficult times my thought and prayers will be with you today. Sending love and hugs your way.

Anne from Wisconsin
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Mary cute!

DJ have fun on you cruise!

Taking it easy!

:heart: Margaret
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,975 Member
    Options
    <3Janetr,the last years of my mother's life were much improved by the cornea transplant she got. I remember us getting the phone call and having to make a hurried trip to the hospital five hours south of where we lived.
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    DJ ... Bon Voyage!
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    CJ – LOL! The name "Alhambra" brings back a ‘memory’ from my childhood. The “Alhambra” was the name (maybe still is) of a restaurant in Jax., FL. It is/was a restaurant that also was a live theater and you’d pay for the meal and watch a play at the end of the evening. The buffet was one that you walked down to get to; snaking your way from the top to the lower floor where the food was set out (buffet style). We were walking down the steps along the tables and we had to wait for others to get served. My Daddy, who had already had enough to drink, had not brought his drink with him to the lineup. We were standing by a table and he leaned over and drank the mixed drinks that were sitting on the table. We (sister and I] were mortified about him doing this. Mother at him, too. :# I’m pretty sure that others saw him doing this. What a surprise it had to be for the patrons to get back to they're tables and find they had to reorder their drinks. I think I was, maybe 14yo at the time.

Penny at the North Pole. I want a dishwasher like this … because the silverware holder on ours is on the door; and when I put the silverware in it, they always seem to ‘spoon’ one another. I generally find that I need to rinse them before putting them in there. It just looks like this one would be so that the silverware in it separate from the dishes and other things that probably prevent it from washing all the silverware. I already put the utensils in the upped rack.

Lenora
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    ;) - Good ... the strike through came off last post.
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Janetr - huge hugs to you and your sisters family.

DJ - have a great trip

Rori - I hope all your annual tests come back good. I have started all my annual tests too.

Becca - and all the other TOPS people - yes I like the new TOPS/KOPS pledges too.

Barbiecat - you are so organized, thank you for the inspiration. I have actually started on my taxes too. I have many sets to do as I do for several other people and organizations. Most of them must meet the deadline of April 30th but our Corp taxes are not due until Sept.....remember I really procrastinated on this last year? Well my accountant was in shock when I called asking questions.

Off and running again today. Curled two games last night (yup my arms are going to fall off from all that sweeping) and we curl two back to back games again today. We must be crazy - good thing we have a youngin' (she is 30) on our team and really really physically fit.....

Later everyone
    Have a great weekend....sorry can't weighin on the superbowl. I haven't been following this year.

Lillian in West Central Saskatchewan

• lajeffery
    lajeffery Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    You dear friends have been so comforting to me thru this horrific ordeal for my family. Thank you for pointing out that there will be many blessed because of it.

Becca thank you especially for making organ donation real for me. I was cryjng so hard I couldn't read it to my husband. I pray some one will benefit from this in the way you and your husband have. Thank you dear friend.

Janetr okc
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    DrKatie - thank you so much. By the way my sister's name, whose grandson passed, is Katy. I'm definitely feeling better with all of you helping me to see how much good, along with the heartache, will come from this tragedy.

CSSJ09 - What a beautiful sentiment and thank you so much. It truly helps.

Janetr OKC

Janetr,

There have been so many lives touched by organ donation. It is the hardest decision for a family to make, but the greatest gift anyone received. My DBIL received is one of the first kidney transplant receipants. He has been given an additional 32 YEARS (and counting!) on this earth to fall in love, get married and have a family.

Know that your great-nephew will live on in many generations yet to come.

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Lisa in DC
  • terri_mom
    terri_mom Posts: 748 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Happy Saturday ! ! !

Donna in WV – Nice job on all the exercise yesterday. A walk outside then a few minutes of video? You are rocking this ! ! !

Janet OKC
    – You are all still in my prayers. Donating organs so someone else can live is a beautiful sign of love and respect, and incredibly hard for the family. I hope you are all able to hold tight to each other during this lovely and difficult time. More Prayers ! ! !

Irish Terri – Nice job on the organization. I wish I had the gene, yet I passed on the packrat gene to both of my kids.

Barbie – Congrats on the “keep my mouth shut” concept. That is especially difficult. Good job on your lifting ! ! !

DJ – soak up some sun for all of us, and pleasant travels ! ! !

Lenora – That’s a funny story about your Dad drinking someone else’s drinks. Thanks for the laugh ! ! ! Have you ever watch "Impractical Jokers"? Things like that happen in my life, so DS and DH love watching that show. Your Dad could have been on that show, as they pull practical jokes like that on unsuspecting people. I'm still laughing ! ! !

Lisa DC – 32 years ? That is amazingly wonderful ! ! !

Today I work 8-noon, then rush off to watch the end of DS H.S. bowling. DD should arrive at around that same time. I sure miss her. I still have my headcold, so I’m mostly eating fruit, yogurt, and soup. I felt so bad last night that I didn’t even go to the concert, I went home and was in bed by 7:00pm.

Now I'm waiting for a response from my Dad (the mechanic/service manager). DD called to say her car is leaking transmission fluid and air from a tire. I hope the advice getting her here was not incorrect. And I hope I don't have to drive all the way to Minnesota and back twice yet this weekend, but I will if that's what it takes to get her to her auditions ! ! !

Hugs for Everyone ! ! !

Terri in Milwaukee
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    <3
  • TheRealMsWolf
    TheRealMsWolf Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I want to introduce myself. I'm 52 and have exercised sporadically for awhile. Since the first of the year, I've been concentrating on improving my diet by increasing my veggies and protein. I'm also working on exercising regularly. So far, so good!

My husband walked out unexpectedly about a year and a half ago. Thanks to the physical shock, I lost about 25 pounds, seemingly overnight. As I've put my life back together, the weight has creeped back on. My February goal is to lose five pounds. I'm trying to be reasonable and gentle on myself.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    <3

Mary from Minnesota
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,678 Member
    Options