WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2016

Options

Replies

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) I started a regular practice of meditation after reading "10% Happier" by Dan Harris. I set meditation as one of my resolutions a few months ago (to meditate 5-10 minutes a day, four or more days a week) and have kept with it. I don't know if I'm 10% happier or if my life has changed dramatically because of the practice, but I am able to relax to sleep more easily and get through troublesome times more peacefully by breathing just like I do for meditation. When I went to the dentist on Monday to have a filling replaced in a wisdom tooth, I breathed and observed my breath like I do when I meditate and didn't have any of the panicky feelings of not being able to breathe or worrying about choking to death on saliva. Instead, the time passed easily and when I was finished the dental assistant said that it seemed that I was meditating through the whole procedure.

That's terrific. I want to start meditating too and at the dentist would be great cuz I hate, hate going to her. Thanks for the great idea.

Janetr OKC -(back home for about three house now)
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Afternoon Ladies,

Miriam, being so miserable that you lose the taste of food is a really hard way to avoid gaining, but if you are gonna be miserable anyway that’s actually a nice side effect. Thanks for saying ya’ll will miss me when I’m on my cruise. Even though I really doubt it, it is nice to hear. (((Hugs)))

Pip, I had to look up panniers. I learn things daily from you ladies. Now I know they are bike saddle bags. smiley-laughing016.gif (later) Very nice fence!!! I hope the kids like it.

KJL, my cruise is 7 days out of Charleston (Just a 2 hour drive south) and goes to Dominican Republic, Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay (Carnival’s private island). I just found out that even though it normally boards from 11-3:00 and leaves at 4:00, this will not board until 4-8:00 and leave at 9:00. Boo Hiss. That will cut out at least 4 hours of fun we could have had, but trying to look on the bright side, it will allow us to sleep in if we want. *Like I could sleep late on the day I’m leaving on the cruise?*

Vicki NE, I agree that 18” is enough snow to be a pain in the back. Just be careful out there.

Marti, glad you didn’t have a heart attack. Congrats on the loss and keep it up!

Terri, I’m proud of you for trying to resist that torte. I hope you can stay strong. (later) Yeah, you!!! Way to go.

Mia, fantastic job on averting the stress eating!! You ladies are terrific. groupwave.gif

Joyce, I hope the eye procedure does the trick for you.

Karen, wishing you strength to get through the stresses ahead. Know we are all pulling for you, or pushing you, whatever it is that you need. Think of us peeking over your shoulder and cheering you on.

cheriGee, 6 pounds in a week? Good grief. I’m not surprised you gained some back either but still a great week.

MaryMezzo, welcome. You will find us a very supportive and informative group of ladies. Some even like to share a lot. Come often and post and you will be one of the family. Please put the name you want to be called at the bottom of each post and a location is great too, general or specific.

Barbie, go girl on those weights!!!

Itisneeded, welcome. Sometimes it gets too much to read everything so read what you can. Please tell us a little more about yourself and sign each post with the name you want to be called.

Joyce, I think your 4 part quartet sounds great. Too bad you didn’t get any support for it.

Mindy, it sounds like a good review. I always liked to hear how I could improve my work, as long as it was something I could do. I don’t blame you for not going full time if you would get less money in the end. Oh the Fairy town is so cool.

Miriam, great fall video!!! Now I know how to do it.

Lillian, I’m sure you will have a very productive day.

Kim, I can just see you talking to your neighbor as he kept telling you he would ****the fence. smiley-laughing025.gif

Yvonne, we all made the mess that we ended up in. It’s not always easy but you can do this. We just have to get out of our chairs and put one foot in front of the other. Oh yes and sometimes shut our mouths. Hang in there.

Heather, having use of the house in France sounds great. I don’t understand why you would sleep in the guest room? Did I miss something?

Terri, so glad the Reno trip will be more than sports for the boys. You enjoy!!

Allie, I love the commercial on TV where the two older ladies see a young chick with bright red in her hair and they each decide to get a few streaks. You go girl.

Sylvia, congrats on the drafting jobs, I think??? LOL Isn’t it the truth about feast or famine.

Beth, I knew you meant “sons” but I had to laugh at “sins” too.

m1277.gifto any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

It has been raining here since yesterday afternoon. Our yard is like a shallow lake. I had my nail appointment this morning at 9:00 which is early for me to be anywhere other than the doctor. Since I got home I really haven’t done much other than try to catch up on here. This gray day and constant rain just makes me want to curl up on the couch under a blankie. Meatloaf for dinner tonight which I haven’t made in a few years. Lol I’m not a big fan but DH loves it so I’ll make it for him. I haven’t finished laying out things for the cruise but now that I know we probably won’t leave town until noon on Saturday, there seems like plenty of time. Only 2 days, but who’s counting? t57009.gif

I hope all of you have a healthy and happy day. You ladies are great! rose.gif

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, smiley-love013.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    DJ- have a great time on the cruise!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Husband's stress test did OK. I don't know when we will get the results of it. I was just glad he had no angina during the stress part of it. He had many urges to have a bowel movement during the while time we waited to get it all done. As soon as we got to the car it all broke loose. Was to glad we had a protective covering he could sit on. As soon as he got home and cleaned himself he called the gastroenterologist office to see if he could get in and get another stool sample sent off for the infection. I hope we don't have to argue with them this time. We ate in the cafeteria while we were there. They have a heart healthy meal that is discounted. Makes sense since it is in the Heart Hosptital.

About a quartet for our choir. We don't have the kind of talent in our men's section as we do in the women's. Our pastor has a wonderful voice but he has his plate full and overflowing. Besides our janitor, he is the churches only paid employee and eh is now a full time student at a seminary about 150 miles from here. They have a program for half week full time so the minister can get back to his church. There is one other man who can read music and he is in his 80's and he and his wife love to take their camper on the road as often as they can. So it is our women do the specials. I guess we could have a true women's quartet but the young ones like to sing a different kind of specials us older ones do.

Our cat loves to jump over into Charlie's seat as soon as he vacates it. This is now the second time now that she doesn't move get up when he sits back down. He didn't see her and he sits completely down before he realizes she is there. Neither one want to give up.

Joyce, Indiana
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    itisneeded: This is a ladies group. We've had a gentleman stop by a time or two, but some people weren't welcoming. In my experience, guys are seldom interested in the girly discussions around here. :wink:

CSSJ09: I suspect that you will be starting at a higher level of riding skill than I have ever reached. It will be fun to see how things go for you. I've been horse crazy since early childhood and I'm finally getting to participate in riding on a regular basis. It is a dream come true. That said, I don't expect to own a horse. I have a husband with many health problems who would support anything I want to do BUT I've yet to experience the amount of free time that responsible horse ownership would require. I am considering looking for a partial lease situation, though. :smiley:

mtowne: Ben & Jerry's is a take no prisoners kind of thing. Open the door a crack and the whole container comes in. Buy SMALL containers. :laugh: I love the fairy walk photos. :flowerforyou:

Mary: :bigsmile:

Miriam: Love it! :fowerforyou:

Anna: Doctors come in bunches for DH. His MS doctor remains the same. He has a new GP and I got to meet her. She is young, personable, and a good fit for DH. I'm considering switching to her, myself. :flowerforyou:

Pip: Love your back yard. :smile:

Heather: I'll keep your friend in my prayers. I hope the drug works for her. :heart:

I have an appointment in a few minutes for a hair trim. Keeping my fingers crossed that I'll like it. Today we went out to lunch after DH's MRI. I ate my whole day's calorie alotment for lunch. I'll have to get some exercise in if I want to eat dinner. :blush::ohwell:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

February Resolutions :
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back strength.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.

Goals
    1. Find a place I can learn to fall without getting hurt once my doctor says it is ok to try.

30881843.png
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,329 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    DJ - The house is rented by my ex husband and his wife (and new children). I wouldn't want to sleep in their bed/bedroom! Yuk! Luckily there are other bedrooms. There will be furniture there from our old house together. ;) They normally go there for most holidays, but fancy a change this year. I'm still debating whether to go or not. Looking at my diary the only dates he gave that don't have a grandchild being born, or cricket fixtures, are too close to our cruise, or are in October. I'm not sure how I feel about October. Usually we go to a city as it's a good time for sight seeing, (not too hot). I will sleep on it. We did have in mind Pompeii. I might ask him if we can think about it for next year as they are limited to school holidays.
    I am sure you will have a fantastic time on your cruise! <3:flowerforyou:

Broke even on calories for the day. :D

Pip - your fence is looking good! When we had to have a new one it cost us a fortune! :sad:

Becca - nice drawings! :flowerforyou:

Love Heather UK
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,972 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Stronglifts Workout

Squats-1X5X 65/75/85/95/105/115/120, 5X5X 122
    Sumo squats-5X5X107
    OHP -1X5X 45/50, 5X5X 55
    BP- 1 X5X55/65/75, 5X5X 80
    BR- 5X5X 85
    DL-1X5X 140

I am still trying to lose some excess fat so I am doing full body workouts through the end of May.

<3

Mary from Minnesota

super :):):):):) you are my lifting hero

• marymezzo
    marymezzo Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hey, ladies--

I'm really impressed with the support all of you offer one another. It'll take me a while to get to know who's who and who's doing what, but in the meantime, thanks for being here.

Today was an experiment and a good day.

Long story short, I've had a bad episode of lower-back pain since late last August.

There's plenty I can do, especially in the weight room, but the big challenge has been ordinary old walking.

Today I took one of my dogs out, and we did 2.2 miles at a nearby park. Just a nice leisurely pace.

I made a couple of brief stops to "unload" my back, and that really helped. I'm very happy I was able to go that distance.

Last time I walked any appreciable distance, my hubby and I got in about 25 minutes. That was a couple of weeks ago. I think today ended up being 41 minutes.

OK, heading out for choir practice in a few. Most choirs do practice on Wednesday. Our little group practices on Thursday nights so the people who are in regular choir practice at a couple of different churches on Wednesdays can be with us.

Mary from Tennessee
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Mary, what part of Tennessee? I was born in Memphis, raised in Nashville until I was 8.
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Dr. Katie - thanks for the plug on the book! That was four pages back, and haven't caught up yet...

Ran on the ranch today, been more than six weeks since I did that, just been working out on the elliptical and running on the short track at the gym in town, all flat of course. I thought the uphill climb would kill me. It didn't. Got in 2.6 miles, but at 55 degrees out, barely broke a sweat. Wasn't exactly beating land-speed records, either.

But I ran.

And wrote about 2,000 words, which is why I haven't been posting much. Starting to make this freelance gig into something that's worth pursuing. Learning a LOT, and I get to do it from home. Enjoying myself so far.

Off to the races, hubby's cooking dinner, bless him, and I need to jump in the shower.
    Later, my dears,
    Lisa in West Texas
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,673 Member
    Options
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    KjlaMore: I never thought about the TV, I'm the youngest too. This artist is Leslie ahrens, she does beautiful things and very reasonable. I do very well with speaking, decorating n found out I have a great voice. Wanted to learn how to sing, my family gave me singing lessons for my 60th birthday. Teacher loved my voice, who knew!
    Good moving about W1 is 1914, Netflix W2 bomb girls, land girls n ?island, all Netflix. Gayle Minneapolis
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Lisa, you are welcome.

Mary and Barbie, you two are my inspiration when it comes to weight lifting. Maybe one day!

Today was butt day, my favorite. Last time we did the thing where you hang upside down off the machine from the waist, cross your arms on your chest and pull yourself up, I wouldn't do it, because I was afraid I would fall. I did it today. It felt really weird hanging on by your feet, but I did it. We did leg presses (25 on each side of bar), leg extensions sitting up (60 lbs) and lying on your stomach (20 lbs), inner and outer thigh machine (60 lbs), something bridge where you lie on your back, hold weights at the place where your legs meet your torso (I used 2 10 lb Dumbbells. I really needed 12s, but couldn't find them) and lift up with your butt and dead lifts from a squat (10 lbs on each end of the bar).

After my shower today, I tried on clothes from my "wardrobe of shame." I am wearing my 14w jeans as I type, and they are quite comfy. The size 16 (no w) ones were wearable but a little tight. Another outfit fit perfectly. A brown leather jacket that has always been too tight almost fits. My XL little cardigans from the Loft fit again. I can really tell a difference in those, even from when they fit before in the decrease in back fat.
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    17761776 wrote: »
    KjlaMore: I never thought about the TV, I'm the youngest too. This artist is Leslie ahrens, she does beautiful things and very reasonable. I do very well with speaking, decorating n found out I have a great voice. Wanted to learn how to sing, my family gave me singing lessons for my 60th birthday. Teacher loved my voice, who knew!
    Good moving about W1 is 1914, Netflix W2 bomb girls, land girls n ?island, all Netflix. Gayle Minneapolis

Movies not moving changed my spelling! Love n hate that feature!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Drkatiebug -you are doing an excellent job! Start out slow and then slowly increase. You will be amazed at what you can accomplish.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,673 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:
    ride hm 2 gym- 13.18min, 13.3amph, 141mhr, 2.9mi = 99c
    jog - 8.44min, 7.0-7.5sp, 8.44ap, 154mhr, 130ahr, 1mi = 101c
    other - arm machine - 10min, 5min each direction, lvl5, 134mhr, 45aw, 1.8mi = 88c
    other - 5 diff stretch exercises, 2 sets of 10 ea - 12min = 25c
    ride gym 2 dome- 7.41min, 11.7amph, 149mhr 1.5mi = 96c
    ride dome 2 hm, turn on 40th- 19.48min, 7.9amph, 149mhr, 2.6mi = 197c
    total cal 606
    amph = average miles per hour
    ahr = average heart rate
    mhr = maximum heart rate
    mi = miles
    ap = average pace / minute mile
    sp = speed (on treadmill)
    lvl = level
    aw = average watts -how much power i'm putting out per minute
    c = calories
  • marymezzo
    marymezzo Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi, Miriam--

I live in Knoxville--East Tennessee. I was born in North Dakota, but my family moved here when I was 10, and I've never left.

Drkatiebug--congrats on your successes in the gym *and* for getting back into smaller clothes!

Mary from Tennessee
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,972 Member
    Options
    1056287i3zmwzup2m.gifStats for today:
    18,000 steps
    166 minutes of dog walking
    103 minutes riding the exercise bike
    line dance class

:) Something I learned right away when I started on MFP was to not compare myself to others. I just challenge myself. If I compared myself to others then I'd never measure up against Mary from Minnesota who lifts weights more than twice as heavy as mine or Pip who is planning to run a marathon. Instead I remember when I struggled to walk 10,000 steps a day and could barely lift my 10 pound weights. My 15 pound dumbbells were a Valentine's Day gift from my husband who learned quickly to not buy me candy or offer to take me out to dinner as a treat.
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    IF any of this repeats itself ... it is blamed on my squirry mouse. Probably need a wired mouse to keep from dropping it off the rolled arms of chair. If it has fallen once, it is going to fall 3 more times. I've wanted to 'throw it against the wall' ... but, DH would really think I had lost my crackers [no pun intended].

I don't know what I'll do to try to catch "Cracker" when she is sleeping on her back to take a picture. She seems to do this 'if' the cell is in my purse. Sleeps so 'lightly' that if I move, her eyes 'pop open'. Bring the phone over here - she won't. Someday, maybe I'll be lucky. It's hysterical.

Mindy from a little town south of Boston – I would definitely hope you could see the dentist before going on a vacation. Don’t want a toothache then. Hope you get one.

Donna in almost heaven, West Virginia – Hope your ‘stuff load’ starts to be less of taking up your time.

Mindy from a little town south of Boston – I would definitely hope you could see the dentist before going on a vacation. Don’t want a toothache then. Hope you get one.

Donna in almost heaven, West Virginia – Hope your ‘stuff load’ starts to be less of taking up your time.

Lagopus and Miriam – Our 20lb Tuxedo cat (Mister “Tux”) will sleep on my car or the hoods of truck and care. Doesn’t mind misting rain and getting out in it. When I drive into the carport and park after being out in it. He will jump from truck to car … skids across the top and down the windshield and tries to get to the door before I do. He looks at the car and looks like he is telling it: "I meant to do that - or else - I would not be on the front hood and still sliding. From my car he takes a good 10ft leap up to the 4” wide railing. Then he hits the deck with a Thu-thump and a loud – M-E-O-W - purrrrrrs! One day he was sitting on the hood of my car (wet) and he went to jump up on the top railing and slipped in the process. He 'knew' he probably was not going to make it in mid-air, but, he still struggled to get there with a fall. His almost missed when his feet slid. He got a hold on the top railing and was swinging from his front paws nails. He had this, “OH $#*T” look on his face. He finally pulled himself up by his claws and then ‘looked at the car’ as if to say … THAT was YOUR fault, B****.

He does not like to ‘fall’ or miss it, especially in front of my DH and me. Cat and Dog have so much facial expressions … you’d really ‘think’ they can understand exactly what you are talking about. He’s not too thrilled about being witnessed in his near falls. Cracker uses her ‘inside voice’ to talk to us. In misting rain and getting out in it. When I drive into the carport and park after being out in it. He will jump from truck to car … skids across the top and down the windshield and tries to get to the door before I do. Yesterday I got ‘sick’ and laid down on the bathroom floor. Cracker came up behind me and started patting me on the side. Whimpered too; so I told her I’d be okay. Got up and ended up laying down (totally naked after a shower) on the rug in den … Then she made a wide circle around me whimpering. DH said that today, when he got home, she ran into the den and when I was not in my chair, went around looking in every room crying. She does the same thing for him.

Yesterday I got ‘sick’ and laid down on the bathroom floor. I was commode-hugging, knee-walking, dry-heaving sick. Cracker came up behind me and started patting me on the side. Whimpered too; so I told her I’d be okay. Got up and ended up laying down (totally naked after a shower) on the rug in den … Then she made a wide circle around me whimpering. DH said that today, when he got home, she ran into the den and when I was not in my chair, went around looking running into every room crying. She does the same thing for him when she thinks that he should be 'inside'.

Anna, New Iberia, Louisiana – Some of DH’s people came from around or near there. I can’t remember how or when DGFnL ended up where; but, he worked at the Dixie-Crystal Sugar refinery at some point as their boiler maker. When they starting building the DCSR in Savannah, GA – they had to have him there; so, since he did not speak, write, or read English – all the guys who worked under him taught the basics to him so they could transfer them. Hearing all the stories they share would make you almost ‘bust a gut’ laughing. Don’t know exactly where that was. He was 1st generation American (French). He talked with a rather ‘interesting’ dialect. Cajun for sure. Pee-Zahn (pigeon). DH said that he really would have loved to learn French; but, didn’t. He wished that he could have been around him more often and maybe picked up on the Cajun dialect. He said he missing hearing him talk. And from what I hear from DH’s aunts and uncles, both he and Little Grannie had a lot to do with 8 kids. When they moved them to the Savannah (campus/housing) they had to make the recreation hall into a bigger house with extra bedrooms. Three boys, 3 girls who loved playing planks on them. Little Grannie would run them off with a shake of her apron. They’d tried to do pranks on Granddaddy … he could ‘cuss a blue streak’ in French. I don’t really know it the kids (aunts and uncles spoke it.

The stories of all their 'pranking' was something that I 'attempted' record and transcribe; but, each new story started yet another one. It lost its kick because I could not read or hear them, they were 'cackling' on about them. I sat down with my DFnL and he'd tell me some of the stories. DMnL would add in her stories, too. She was nearly 10 years younger, and feel for his dark look and hard body. He was in the service, pictures of him looked like he would have been 'very sexy'. She could only go out with him if the sisters came along. She was the only child to older parents. He was the oldest of 8 living children. They had a 'stillborn' because when they got to Savannah, they had to wash the house down because of lice and bedbugs (with lye). They assumed that was the reason. She just stopped feeling him move. I know it was hard on all of them. It would be difficult to know that what you did brought some on that was tragic on its own.

Kim from N. California and Joyce, Indiana – I had a very interesting week. Sure glad that GYN opted for NOT doing a pelvic which also includes a rectal exam when I went in for severe constipation, then several bouts of the ‘trots’. Told his nurse about the morning’s movement and how I would be MORTFIED if he did one. She told me she’d give him a ‘heads up’. Maybe that should have been ‘tails up’. He did not do it. I told her that I’d have to wear a brown paper bag to talk to him, if he had, probably. LOL. She went to go out the door to get him, turned around laughing saying ‘I’ll pay you to ……………!” Got home last night and went to ‘sit on the ‘porcelain throne’ and starting giggling and laughing without being able to stop myself. DH thought I was headed for a ‘manic episode’ … so he was really NOT being his normally cheery self either – no sense of humor last night. He was having a lot of pain, pretty much like I had been having for the week. I could not stop long enough to tell him what I was laughing about. When I was able to catch my breath I told him. He was rather ‘indigent’ and said, “THAT’S NOT NICE!” I looked at him and starting laughing all over again. I think I laughed a good 15 or 20 minutes. I was out of breath and laughing so hard I had big tears rolling down my cheeks.

You’d have to 'see' my GYN to know why it struck me as being 'so funny'. “Mr. Prime” – dresses like a 'clothes horse' under his ‘white coat’. Sometimes it is hard to imagine him in a labor and delivery room or in surgery with his hands 'getting dirty'. Guess the gloves protect his 'manicured hands'. Occasionally, sometimes a “Prima Donna”; but, I love him and trust him (and GOD) with my life to do what needs to be done in order to help me get better. Did not have a very good day; and, he (DH) not in the mood for me to have a ‘manic episode’. Tonight I am a lot calmer.

Miriam - What is 'schizoaffective disorder'?

Today, feel a lot better. Thought I was about to drop (not really giving birth) to a 15lb bowling ball. Like that last stage of labor when you want to push, and they don’t want you to. Actually, I was going to take a brown paper bag with “Guess Who?” … “First 2 don’t count” written on it; but, decided against that - I was a little too 'antsy' to pull it off and not have him think that maybe I did need to be 'in the hospital'. But he is was/is sometimes laughing, sometimes he puts on a 'gruff' front. He was in a mood that I could probably pulled it off today. RATS! I bet he would have laughed. He said that I looked a lot better than I had the day before. THAT’s because I ‘got rid of that 15lb bowling ball’, gave it up to the "Porcelain Throne". Almost could not get it to flush. Actually, DH had to take a plunger to it. NOT a happy camper. LOL! Actually, RITFLMAO!!!!!

Stressed out, beyond belief. Now that I am back home and feeling better; hopefully, I won't have to go. Trying to get 'in touch' with my PsycheMD; not, having much luck. I called his office and found that the nurse who I've been dealing with, for years, was no longer there. Maybe she retired; but, she did not say anything about it and if I was going to be retiring ... I think I say something about it to those patients who talk to on a fairly regular basis. I brought home the original Rx to my mail order pharmacy (accidentally) and they usually fax it to them. Called and tried to find out if it had been sent. Girl giving me a hard time about 'how' I had gotten the 'original' Rx in the first place. I kept trying to 'explain' and when I am close to having an episode ... I don't make much sense. I told her that I'd just call back. Tuesday, called the office again and stuck my foot in my mouth when made the comment that 'maybe the new girl had no clue ...'. She interrupted me and said, 'I'm the one you spoke with yesterday ... then proceeded to tell me that the MD would have to write another order for it to be 'sent by fax' from their office. He had been 'in his office' on Monday ... all she really needed to do was ask him about it. They have their procedures; but she could have prevented a lot of 'things' if she had told me that on Monday. I kept telling her that we 'lived' 2 hours away. Apparently, she did not care. Called today - thinking that he might need to talk to my GYN, who had told me not to change the dosage (lowered) until I talked to him (PsycheMD). BC/BS did not help either. Without the 'form' they won't honor the Rx, if I sent a letter with the information to them with the RXs attached. Was told it would be 10 working days before I'd get them; then dealing with all the turn around time - was going to be 20+ days to get the new RX. Today called and they told me that they had not yet received the order. I told them that I was not going to call back the MDs office because the lady at the office probably thought I was being a P.I.T.A. But, I did leave a message - telling her this. Gee, at this point, not sure when I might get a 'call back'. But, long story, short; BC/BS 'has' a refill ready on a previous RX that we had not used because of my doubling of the pills, and then changing the dosage. Thankfully, they are sending it out to me today. They had forwarded the call to my 'case worker'. I asked that, from hereon out, they send me an email or call us with that fact. So frustrating to deal with insurance in the first place. With the changes in ObamaCare that went into effect the 1st of 2016 - don't know how it affects pre-existing policies (yet). All I can say is that I hope Medicare and BC/BS pays for all the testing I had to have done the past 2 days.

Good news is:no stones, no blockages, and no tumors. However, 6 weeks, they will do a test where they run a camera into my bladder. I’ve had this done before. Not too pleasant; and, is just very awkward and embarrassing. Hopefully it will also bring good results.

Terri and Yvonne in Texas – Yeah! Great news about you daughter and The Voice. Phillip Phillips who won on “The American Idol” a few years ago, lives in the next county from us … DH has painted his house – BIG; but, he says that he is a ‘humble and kind’ of a person you’d ever want to work with. We watch The Voice all the time. I love all of the diverse contestants and the judges as well. I think they are all great singers, song writers, and performers. Looking forward to the ‘new season’ that starts I ‘think’ at the end of the month.

KJLaMore – Our youngest DGD has stuck things up her nose and had to make a trip to the ER. If they do that, that probably will do it again. Storage place for the “Booger Farm” (community).

Becca – That's a hoot about the “What Did You do Over the Summer”. I've heard of parents (mostly moms) that have to 'explain' what to expect if they ask about activities of the summer. Loved the drawings, too. Very inquisitive young man, for sure.

Sylvia – That’s the way it is in my DH’s line of business. He’ll try to hold back some work for when it is raining. Then, when it rains … it pours and then they have a lot for their books.

Anna, New Iberia, Louisiana – Some of DH’s people came from around or near there. I can’t remember how or how DGFnL ended up; but he worked at the Dixie-Crystal Sugar refinery at some point as their boiler maker. When they starting building the DCSR in Savannah, GA – they had to have him there; so, since he did not speak or read English – all the guys who worked under him taught the basics to him so they could transfer them. Hearing all the stories they share would make you almost ‘bust a gut’ laughing. Don’t know exactly where that was. He was 1st generation American (French). He talked with a rather ‘interesting’ dialect. Cajun for sure. Pee-Zahn (pigeon). DH said that he really would have loved to learn French; but, didn’t. He said he missing hearing him talk. And from what I hear from DH’s aunts and uncles, both he and Little Grannie had a lot to do with 8 kids. When they moved them to the Savannah (campus/housing) they had to make the recreation hall into a bigger house with extra bedrooms. Three boys, 3 girls who loved playing planks on them. Little Grannie would run them off with a shake of her apron. They’d tried to do pranks on Granddaddy … he could ‘cuss a blue streak’ in French. I don’t really know it the kids (aunts and uncles spoke it.

Kim from N. California and Joyce, Indiana – I had a very interesting week. Sure glad that GYN opted for NOT doing a pelvic which also includes a rectal exam when I went in for severe constipation, then several bouts of the ‘trots’. Told his nurse about the morning’s movement and how I would be MORTFIED if he did one. She told me she’d give him a ‘heads up’. Maybe that should have been ‘tails up’. He did not do it. I told her that I’d have to wear a brown paper bag to talk to him, if he had, probably. LOL. She went to go out the door to get him, turned around laughing saying ‘I’ll pay you to ……………!” Got home last night and went to ‘sit on the ‘porcelain throne’ and starting giggling and laughing without being able to stop myself.

DH thought I was headed for a ‘manic episode’ … so he was really NOT being himself either – no sense of humor, usually he'll laugh with me about the "crazy things" I do. He was having a lot of pain, pretty much like I had been having for the week. I could not stop to tell him what I was laughing about. When I was able to catch my breath I told him. He was rather ‘indigent’ and said, “THAT’S NOT NICE!” I looked at him and starting laughing all over again. I think I laughed a good 15 or 20 minutes. You’d have to see my GYN to know why it struck me as being so funny. “Mr. Prime” – dresses like a clothes horse under his ‘white coat’. Occasionally, sometimes a “Prima Donna”; but, I love him and trust him (and GOD) with my life to do what needs to be done in order to help me get better. Did not have a very good day; and, he DH) not in the mood for me to have a ‘manic episode’.

Today, feel a lot better. Thought I was about to drop (not really giving birth) to a 15lb bowling ball. Like that last stage of labor when you want to push, and they don’t want you to. Actually, I was going to take a brown paper bag with “Guess Who?” … “First 2 don’t count.” But he is sometimes laughing, sometimes he puts on a gruff front. I bet he would have laughed. He said that I looked like I felt a lot better than I had the day before. THAT’s because I ‘got rid of that 15lb bowling ball’, gave it up to the Porcelain Throne. Almost could not get it to flush. Oh, that’s bad … DH was not going to be happy about that. LOL!!!!

Good news is:no stones, no blockages, and no tumors. In 6 weeks they will do a test where they run a camera into my bladder. I’ve had this done before. Not too pleasant; just very awkward and embarrassing. Hopefully it will also bring good results.

Terri and Yvonne in Texas – Yeah great news about you daughter and The Voice. Phillip Phillips who won on “The American Idol” a few years ago, lives in the next county from us … DH has painted his house – BIG; but, he says that he is a ‘humble and kind’ of a person you’d ever want to work with. We watch The Voice all the time. I love all of the diverse contestants and the judges as well. I think they are all great singers, song writers, and performers. Looking forward to the ‘new season’ that starts I ‘think’ at the end of the month.

KJLaMore – Our youngest DGD has stuck things up her nose and had to make a trip to the ER. If they do that, that probably will do it again. Storage place for the “Booger Farm” (community).

Becca – That a hoot about the “What Did You do Over the Summer”.

Sylvia – That’s the way it is in my DH’s line of business. He’ll try to hold back some work for when it is raining. Then, when it rains … it pours and then they have a lot for their books.

Lenora from SW GA (USA) ... has been raining - some places more than others. Still having 'flooded roads' around the county.