WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2016

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,786 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    afternoon ladies~ sorry i havent checked in, last night got home late and was tired.. got up at 5 this morning and went grocery shopping 2 places and then went for a hair cut and got gas for the car.. in between put the frozen and refrigerated stuff away, now working on 2 loads of laundry and got the doggies out in the back yard...
    Pip~ Nice fence....
    getting used to the surge.. it is a bit bulky but you can read everything on it, it is also bluetooth compatible so you can sync your music and stuff to it to,that will be something to learn..
    letting my hair grow out a little bit, my girlfriend that does my hair said maybe put one blond streak in it just for fun next time.. dont know about that. but trust her...
    I too have a fairy beach garden will have to get a picture for you guys..
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    KJ whenever I need to become "Mrs. Fixit" I always look on youtube for some helpful videos, there are a ton of them out there. I also find gardening videos as I am a real novice....built my very own container garden that way and did that feel like an accomplishment! There is nothing like that feeling when you manage to do something yourself, not to mention how good it is to get it done for free!

Looking forward to a hair coloring/cut appointment this afternoon, maybe I will channel Barbie and meditate during the appointment so I can relax, I know for sure I will try it out when I get a crown at my dds in a few weeks!

Karen from NY
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    CheriGee2 wrote: »
    Annr wrote: »
    CheriGee2~ I have the pledge on a chalkboard in my kitchen and say it every morning before I start the day. It definitely keeps me in the moment, just looking forward. Hope you have a great weigh-in! My meetings are on Wednesdays at 8:30am (I help move tables etc.) then it starts officially at 9:45 until about 11 or so. We do alot of socializing, so we need all that time to get caught up in everybody's business! I lost 1 lb this week.

Lenora~ Your DH sounds like a keeper. I love been tucked in! I shall tell you a secret. Don't laugh now. When I was a small child, really my "first memories", I would rock myself to sleep. It's a hypnotic thing, and yep I still do it, when I am having problems "settling down". And yep, my husband rocks me, (if we are cuddling), its an action I never thought I could ever share been married, let alone my husband condoning it, but he does. I swear by coconut oil and after a bath I use it head to toe. Even put a dab in my eyes! I have yet to "pull" it between my teeth, but have heard sucking it back and forth in between your teeth for a bit, does your gums good. Just don't spit it out into your sink because your sink will clog up. Spit it out into your kitchen trash bin.

Becca
    Oregon

Becca, unfortunately I found your 1 pound. But I lost 6 lbs. last week, which was pretty amazing. Not surprised that gained back a little of that. My first gain this year, and I could have done without that. Was happy to be second biggest winner for last month. I love the support of our TOPS group. Making that commitment each week really helps me. Cheri Gee

Great Job with the 6 lb loss last week!!!! I always have a little gain after a large loss. Its like putting a 5 lb weight on a balancing scale. It will go up and down before it settles itself. I think our bodies are like that:-) Yep I do like many of our ladies in our group!

We are doing a contest where we have 4 different groups. Each group is going to a specific destination, like my group is going to Belize. So you have to earn points by, attending meeting, losing, keeping a food journal, exercising, doing a program about birds in your country, or being the featherweight for that week. When you get points you can buy things for the trip, passport, ticket, clothes, guide, guidebook.....so you can hunt for your birds in your country. We even had one ladies neighbor bring a parrot to the meeting. The thing is a lot of the ladies are getting really caught up with learning about birds, so there was not a lot of motivational chatting during the meeting. Don't get me wrong, I like learning about birds, but I need mental tools as well, to get me thru the next week. After about 5 little reports on birds, I put my hand up and said some great sayings that have motivated me.

Our group also does certificates, (frig art!), for ladies in the blue (lost weight), the top weight buddies, the top featherweight for the month. I have a section in my folder with all my awards, nice to browse thru :-)
    Have a great rest of the week!
    Becca
    Oregon
  • Annr
    Options
    a%20happy%20nudist%20camper_zpsx6lzm2d7.png
    This is a computer drawn picture my son did at 5 yrs old. He entitled it "The Happy Nudist". I had to share this with all the anatomically correct drawings chatter! I also made it a habit to talk with my middle and youngest sons' teachers at the start of every year. I would tell them that we were a nudist family, attending a resort where walking around nude was appropriate (and legal). I told them that if they were to ask my sons about "what they did during summer vacation" they would get an answer with nude in it, and drawings of nude people.... the teachers always thanked me for the heads up.
    Becca
    Oregon
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Becca- Lovin' the Happy Nudist! :D I love watching kids draw. I think it really gives you a look into what children think about/think about others/ think about life in general.
    Terri- WI stands for Women's Institute. As I stated to Heather, I really only know what I saw/heard about it in a movie; but it seems to be a community based organization of women, who meet on a regular basis to learn things/share skills and knowledge and perhaps do some fundraising for their organization and other worthy causes? I would love to know more about them and I REALLY wish we had something like that here in the U.S. It seems we are hell bent on making people pay for new experiences and relationships! Kind of sad, really.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Stronglifts Workout

Squats-1X5X 65/75/85/95/105/115/120, 5X5X 122
    Sumo squats-5X5X107
    OHP -1X5X 45/50, 5X5X 55
    BP- 1 X5X55/65/75, 5X5X 80
    BR- 5X5X 85
    DL-1X5X 140

I am still trying to lose some excess fat so I am doing full body workouts through the end of May.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • Annr
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Becca- Lovin' the Happy Nudist! :D I love watching kids draw. I think it really gives you a look into what children think about/think about others/ think about life in general.
    Terri- WI stands for Women's Institute. As I stated to Heather, I really only know what I saw/heard about it in a movie; but it seems to be a community based organization of women, who meet on a regular basis to learn things/share skills and knowledge and perhaps do some fundraising for their organization and other worthy causes? I would love to know more about them and I REALLY wish we had something like that here in the U.S. It seems we are hell bent on making people pay for new experiences and relationships! Kind of sad, really.

Ohh I have a picture of my middle sons bedroom wall, now he is the artist in the family! Let me find it and post it! I used to go into his room and just stare.
    Becca
  • Annr
    Options
    Mary from Minnesota~ You will do it...there is no try girl! I have confidence in you!
    Becca
    your #1 fan in
    Oregon
  • KJLaMore
    Options
    Karen- I actually have used youtube videos for a LOT! I laid my flooring with videos, built a sandbox, rebuilt my picnic table and had to find a video to teach me how to tie a real bow tie for my youngest son's formal dances when he was in high school. I am kind of worried about breaking the pipes. I know it sounds crazy, but turning the water off is not easy! The pipes/threading look all "calcified" and crusty. It is almost as if the knob to turn it off is cemented in place. How hard do I turn (or whack at it)? I wonder if some WD-40 will help... My DH just wants me to get a whole new faucet fixture, but we don't have the money for the kind I have, which I LOVE, so I would have to downgrade. I am POSITIVE if I can just get the water turned off, I can get the faucet apart and I bet all I need are a couple of new washers or gaskets.
  • Annr
    Options
    100_1280_zpskxajjbrd.jpg
    My middle sons wall, by the light switch. (sadly I don't have his main wall).
    006_zpsjx07gnqo.jpg
    My coloring at a local restaurant, "The Silver Salmon". It was an evening of free food, and coloring, (they give you the paper, and the crayons). I didn't win, but I had fun!
    Becca
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Too busy to do much here today. For the last three months I've had zero drafting jobs. Today I got ELEVEN! And they all want them asap. When it rains, it pours.

Didn't exercise this morning as I was having a little angina last night and again this morning. Went to the doctor at 10:00 and she said all was well. I have to drop everything in an hour or so and run to the pharmacy for my son, then pick up the kids and take them home. Maybe I can come back to work after that. If I feel like it. The drafting may have to wait till tomorrow.

Hubby came to the studio and unloaded some clay for me so it didn't freeze in the back of the van. I tried to get it out yesterday but couldn't.

My studio buddy came in today just to pay his rent for the month. It's so nice to have a responsible person in here. And he's nice too. Big bonus!

Our coop grew by two artists today. One jeweler and one who does painting and paper mache. It's starting to get exciting! I'm starting to feel like this might just work.

Hubby just came for lunch and grumbled at me about the doctor thing. He thinks I don't take it seriously enough. Trust me, I am serious about it, but what more can I do? The doctor said I was OK, an it doesn't help to stress over it.

I have got to get back t work. Have a great day!

Sylvia

• KJLaMore
    Options
    Becca- You have a talented middle son! Who is Patrick? lol! Looks like he is in trouble! And your artwork is great! Hard to work in crayon!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,673 Member
    Options
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Becca ~ You and your sons are so talented! :)
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday! Well I made it to work again this morning. City was working on the streets so was better, still a mess. I am working until at least 6 tonight if not later. But then I am off the next four days, if nothing else happens.

Marti--Glad it was not a heart attack. Take care and we can do this.

cssjo9--I wish they would load up trucks and take this snow west where they need it. They did plow the streets last night and now we have a 4 foot drift across the driveway. DH parked down the street in the medical plaza parking and walked home last evening and good thing or we would not of gotten out of the driveway this morning. So tonight we get to shovel that open as to hard for the snowblower.

Mindy--Love the fairy land.

Lillian--I like the idea of putting jobs in a jar and drawing them out and doing for an hour. I will have to try that also. Let me know how it goes for you.

Pip--Looks nice and hopefully keep the furbabies in the yard.

Sylvia--Please take care of yourself. You do so much for your son and family. They are so lucky to have you in their lives. Your coop sounds exciting.

Been an interesting day as everyone wants to make up for the last couple days and calls the operator. So looking forward to having tomorrow off and doing nothing. Stay safe ladies.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Becca- thanks for the positive feedback! Looking at the pictures that you and your son draw you can see real talent in both of you.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,673 Member
    Options
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,776 Member
    Options
    KJ ... Turn the water off at the main before starting?

Becca you and your sins are very creative! That link to this year's winner takes coloring to a whole other level.

Downloaded a gratitude app ... I'm not sure that I'm using it right ... But I am using it!

Had a 1000 calorie sugar binge this afternoon ... Sigh ...

Beth near Buffalo
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,776 Member
    Options
    Becca dang thing won't let me edit ... Sons not sins ... Although I did laugh when I saw my mistake