WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2016

Options

Replies

• jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Went to choir practice and it was so good to sit there and sing with my fellow choir members. Our Easter music is quite challenging. I went with about 3/4 of a voice and came home with 1/2 of a voice but it was worth it. Our ladies trio also has a trio scheduled for the 21st and hadn''t practiced anything yet so we started tonight. We are all 60 and over and tend to stick with some of the older music and there is a ladies duo that sings the contemporary stuff. I have suggested a true 4 part quartet but no one wants to do it.

Joyce, Indiana
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,135 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    2157045gp85zev8ri.gif..I did my weight training again today...I'm doing a variation on strong lifts 5x5...

sumo squats--five set of five reps with 40 pounds
    overhead press--five sets of five reps with 30 pounds
    dumbbell bench press--five sets of five reps with 30 pounds
    calf raise---five sets of five reps with 20 pounds

Also walked 17,000 steps from dog walking and line dance class

Very impressive! I'm glad you are able to get back into lifting.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    :'( - Relief (at least for a while). Mmmmm! Got into a laughing jag and I that DH was upset and might have to admit me. I told him what I was laughing about and he said, 'that's not nice'. He has no sense of humor tonight.
  • mtowne002
    mtowne002 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Uggggg I got mugged by a Ben and Jerrys pint! Grrrr okay it was a conscious decision. Had my interview w my boss and his assistant too. They acknowledged that I had great enthusiasm for my job and that they thought I had potential.. But I lacked mastery of the cash register particularly a slower memorization of codes. I still look up more than I should..and a tendency to misjudge that there are no immediate customers and grabbing a task to do like collect recycling or baskets or stocking elastic so and tape and then having someone wait in my line. It happens to everyone but more to me. I think bc I am in high gear trying to get all the work done. Idk...feels a lot like the cleaning deficit disorder. Anyway they want me to go full time for a dollar more an hour. But I would lose my disability. Ultimately get less money. So I'm staying put for now. They still love me though bc I give the best customer service.

Allie..you have a Fitbit? Awesome! Friend me and Chris on it and we can do challenges! Don't worry you each challenge your own self to a certain number of steps not against eachother.

Kim? Excellent ideas about getting off my patooty to find ways to make money. I already have a way. I have my parents collections of memoribelia to eBay and I will undertake that enforce when I get back from my trip.

To all doggie mums and kitty mums too....I have Embrace pet insurance for my babies and I highly recommend it. Check it out.

Still looking for an endodontist to do my root canal before my trip. Did get my car to garage to get mirror fixed and an inspection. Lulus ears are doing better.

DJ I'm going to get a pedicure too! Thanks for the idea!

Have a good night everyone
    Thanks for all the encouragement
    I love you ladies your like a family of chosen sisters to me

Mindy from a little town south of Boston
  • mtowne002
    mtowne002 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Fairy walk in Falmouth Ma in August by the Heritage house of the music conservatory. At the edge of Beebe woods.96yfbb4ao0fu.jpeg
    k3d16sq4m246.jpeg
    nng6i7oxq04v.jpeg
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Mindy- love Fairy land!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    q17yix0k0guz.jpeg
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Mary ~ Thanks for starting my day off with a smile!
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Worry is like a rocking chair,
    It will give you something to do,
    But you won't get anywhere.
    Proverb
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE the fairy library!
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,592 Member
    Options
    love the garden pics. woke up this morning 4:28am PST and the fence is up, now the arbor is starting to take shape.

morning peeps
  • oceanmelody
    oceanmelody Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Love the fairy pix!!!
    Betty
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Good morning all...

Home from work today, still using up vacation days. Fairy gardens have been quite popular here for a couple years now. Our local greenhouses have really gotten into it. The kids get quite involved and excited, so now we see different adults shopping there because you know how kids are...if their friend has one they want one too.....

I have so many little tasks to do today and this weekend - I think I will write them on pieces of paper and put in a jar - pull one out = set the timer for an hour and go at it... I will let you know how that works

Later - have a great day everyone

Lillian in West Central Saskatchewan
  • DLS1029
    DLS1029 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Good morning everybody!

Love all the fairy garden pictures! Kudos to all that are exercising and tracking!

Sorry I don't have time to respond to everybody's post. Just not enough time to do anything. Too much stuff going on in my life right now.

I'm just trying to keep on track with my food and a little exercise every day. It may just be walking on my lunch break or doing some stretches, but it's better than nothing!

Have a great day!

Donna in almost heaven, West Virgina
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Laughing my head off, Miriam. Doesn't that remind you of the "who, me?" expression a cat puts on when it has tried unsuccessfully to jump onto something too high?
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,952 Member
    Options
    :) I started a regular practice of meditation after reading "10% Happier" by Dan Harris. I set meditation as one of my resolutions a few months ago (to meditate 5-10 minutes a day, four or more days a week) and have kept with it. I don't know if I'm 10% happier or if my life has changed dramatically because of the practice, but I am able to relax to sleep more easily and get through troublesome times more peacefully by breathing just like I do for meditation. When I went to the dentist on Monday to have a filling replaced in a wisdom tooth, I breathed and observed my breath like I do when I meditate and didn't have any of the panicky feelings of not being able to breathe or worrying about choking to death on saliva. Instead, the time passed easily and when I was finished the dental assistant said that it seemed that I was meditating through the whole procedure.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    <3
  • marymezzo
    marymezzo Posts: 26 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome, Barbiecat--love your poodles!

:smiley:
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,068 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Mindy love the fairy walk.

Mary LOL.

:heart: Margaret