WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2016

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,216 Member
    Options
    Sylvia - I'm another one who had a little cry when I read your post. <3

DJ - I have phantom grandchildren running round the house at the moment. I can hear their little voices asking questions. I can hear them laughing.
    But I'm also glad to have the place to myself again. :D DH is upstairs watching football and I am going to watch my baking show. :drinker: One thing I did manage to accomplish while they were here was keeping up with Duolingo. They enjoyed helping me and pressing the buttons. I can now say.
    The chefs are living over the café. They are in bed with my wife. My wife has two dogs. They are sitting under the chair. They are watching the chefs. The bears are outside the café. All the wolves are down past the trees behind the café. The wolves and the bears like meat. The chefs are meat. I do not love my wife. I love my dogs. I have a knife.

Love Heather UK
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    morning peeps

lillymay- thanks :0)

it's 9:09am, just came downstairs (gym opens at 9amPST on sundays) and kirby says i don't think we're gong to the gym but do work outside to get stuff off of the grass. there's a dog house that has been outside and our dogs have never used it cuz they aren't outside dogs. i kept is just incase some stray cat or other critter got too cold and needed a place to hang out and stay dry. it was painted like the colors of the house, and was here when we bought the place, just never moved it. going to put it up front and put a free sign on it. someone will take it.

i have been refraining from taking pics to show you. want to show you the grand finale! almost done. when kirby was telling kirby about kevin (neighbor) thoughts on the gate, i'm glad he told me. he said the bottom part solid, the top part pickets to match the rest of the white picket fence we have in the front. i veto'd the solid bottom part UNLESS the rest of the front part was going to be the same. the compromise is picket, no solid and the front fence won't be white anymore, will just be stained so it will ALL be the same uniformed wood. kirby is sooooo happy on how it is coming out. i'm happy he's happy.

type to ya later.
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday do All!

Haven't done well this weekend with the eating. We went with family to a Japanese restaurant last night and I had what they call a shrimp Teriyaki pot. Lots of rice! Then for lunch today, I ate two turkey hamburgers. Delicious but way too much. Will do better tomorrow.

Carol
  • pipcd34
    Options
    country music aint what it used to be. i don't listen to country but that was a nice song. i won't buy it, but it was a nice song. exercising has kinda ruined my music listening experience. i listen to it and think, that's a good running song (i run to the beat of the music) or a good spin or rowing song. i couldn't do anything to that song lololol
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    KJL~ I know that is an awesome song isn't it?
    Just got home from grocery shopping and putting it away.. Tom watching the Nascar~ don't think we will be able to pick out Michelle and Vince in over 100,000 people lol.
    going to make a roast with oven roasted potatoes.. and will get stuff together for tomorrow..
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,118 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Sylvia: :heart:

DJ: I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my fanny heals by Saturday, too. I haven't really considered the question, "What if it doesn't heal in time?" I hope that the horsewomen in the group will speak up if they have advice. :flowerforyou:

Pip: Congrats on the yard project. It seems to be going really well. :smiley:

You probably remember that I posted information about acid reflux meds that can cause Alzheimers. I took those meds for nearly 20 years and quit as of last Tuesday when I first saw the news that they were linked to Alzheimers. I'm noticing changes for the better already. My level of anxiety has dropped perceptibly and that has improved my ability to recall things instead of experiencing a panicky feeling. I'm happy about that. I wonder what other improvements will come my way. I'm looking forward to them.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

February Resolutions :
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back strength.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.

Goals
    1. Find a place I can learn to fall without getting hurt once my doctor says it is ok to try.

30881843.png
  • pipcd34
    Options
    . yard is getting there
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,054 Member
    Options
    Katla glad fall not serious.

Back from seeing Dalai Lama at the convention center. I was an hour early and my seat was not the best I eventually stood to get a better spot. It was packed with at least 40,000 people. Many brought their children. Despite the noise and movement I enjoyed seeing many from Tibet in their traditional outfits.

I loved hearing him laugh and speaking about compassion. I also liked what he said without respect there is no trust in other words trust is built upon respect. Without trust building a healthy relationship is difficult. This hit home with our older son right now.

:heart: Margaret
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Rori – Sorry you’ve been sick; get well soon!

DamitJanit – Losing my days that I had tracked started over for me when I could not get Internet service. Someone told me how to get the days back. Can’t remember who it was. Sorry; but, it can be done. I think that most of us who have a retirement account, or savings have found that we’ve had to go to it a lot more than we thought we would. After the market fell a few years ago; we’ve not been able to get ours back up to a point that the interest earned would help much; but, we’re trying. Seems like whenever we get a little knot here or there; something breaks down and we end up having to replace it. But, at least we do have the money to go to. If it weren’t for my BC/BS’s paying for most of my drugs; my check and possibly a huge chunk of DH’s would go to pay for it all. My Seroquel at 400mg 2x a day is only about $15; the 800mg (brand name only) is a lot higher … $95 for a 3 month supply. It is off the charts at the pharmacy in town that we use. Something like $1200. If I did not have such a good insurance plan that I COBRA’ed when I retired; I’d be in a Hell of a mess.

I know if we needed ‘help’ with our bills, our DYS would make sure we did not have to go without something we need. DOS, with 3 girls, one in college, could not do anything other than just check on us and maybe buy a few groceries for us.

Katla and Sylvia – I have a pair of pull on jeans that I wear when I am painting. I swear they must be a pair of my old pregnancy jeans. They come up over my belly (thankfully it is getting smaller); but, they still come up under my bra. Not very comfortable now; but, still good for when I am in my studio.
    At Thanksgiving, I go along with the “Julia Child’s” philosophy about eating. I try to do so when we go to Louisiana; but, that is difficult to do – both DYS and DDnL#2 are great cooks.

JKL – I am a huge country music fan (and especially of Tim McGraw). The first time I heard this on the radio … I cried like a baby. My DH is one who is ‘humble and kind’. I listen to the lyrics more than the music; some, I wonder why this or that artist is actually singing it. Another one I like is “Missing You” by John Waite and Allison Krauss. I ‘think’ it is on her album ‘One Hundred Miles or More’. A lot of good songs on it. Comes as a DVD/CD – enjoy watching her sing so effortlessly.

DH is washing my car! What a wonderful surprise. He’s taking me out to eat later on this PM. Got to think about what I want to eat (and bring home at least ½ of it for tomorrow’s lunch or supper). Got to take him to his Urologist’s office for bloodwork for the procedure they’ll be doing next week. He’ll be ‘put to sleep’ for the same procedure I will be having the middle of the month … without being put to sleep. He’s in one of his ‘moaning and groaning’ spells today. I’m still going to be surprised if he isn’t passing ‘kidney stones’. MD did not mention that as a possibility; if I get a chance to ask I will ask if they are going to check on that, too.

Lenora
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Heather I'm laughing my head off at your wonderfully random sentences.

They remind me of a book my father studied about half a century ago. It was a flimsy little pamphlet with a green cloth cover bearing the words "Up-Country Swahili". I can still recite some of the sentences from it:

Snakes are hard to see.
    Who may you be, please?
    A snowy day makes me cold.
    A stove to heat the room would be good.
    Make way for the Master!

Years later my father composed a marvelous essay where he interpreted the translation exercises as dialogue in a hidden story line, showing the gradual collapse of colonialism in East Africa. Now, if I were to reinterpret your sentences as a story...
    The chefs are living over the café. They are in bed with my wife. My wife has two dogs. They are sitting under the chair. They are watching the chefs. The bears are outside the café. All the wolves are down past the trees behind the café. The wolves and the bears like meat. The chefs are meat. I do not love my wife. I love my dogs. I have a knife.
    Hmmm.... Sounds rather ominous...
    /Penny at the emoticon-object-026.gif
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    B)
  • ckitty45
    ckitty45 Posts: 4 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    hello ladies I am a newbie and I'm trying a new way to eat and take more care of me. I would like to join you'll group if that's ok
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Penny, it sounds like you are ready fro some sunshine. How you left your little paragraph or Heather's sentences she has mastered, ' I do not love my wife, I love my dog, I have a knife." You are scary.

I'm glad I am not the only one who has a cantankerous husband. I love having my kids here but I am so relieved when that burst of continous energy called Ellie is gone. I don't know where in the world a 9 year old child can have that much. Just watching her eat can wear a person out, up and down in her seat, eat standing up, on one leg, then the other. I focus to much on her bad eating habits. I need to focus more on the fact that I love her and it is up to her parents to develope her eating habits and not me.

Didn't want to tempt fate and go to church early enough today for Sunday School. I slept so poorly last night if it weren''t for the fact that I was in a trio today I would have been tempted to stay in bed. I finally went into a deep sleep around 6AM and alarm was set to go ff at 9. It would have been 8 AM for Sunday school. But it was good to be back. Some of the ladies in my class who have also been out sick were back and they were saying they have been missing me. So I guess they have been back for awhile. Of course it is always good to sing in the choir. Sometimes I am not enthused at what songs are chosen for the congregational singing. So the choir music keeps me going.

I am so tempted to take an afternoon nap but Michelle is coming over to let her dogs have the run of our back yard and she will help me with some computer issues and help me with Charlie's phone. He has Tracfone but a smart phone. I got it for him for Christmas and at first he was afraid of all of it so I uninstalled all apps I had on it. But now he wants Pandora but it won't allow me to. It says something about entering credits.

Joyce, Indiana
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,216 Member
    Options
    Penny - I really enjoyed writing that little "Nordic Noir" story. I am amazed that I have come so far in just a week and a half. That app is fantastic. :drinker:

Heather UK

• GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday. Going to be another beautiful day and I am working until 4:30 this afternoon. Church last evening was just what I needed. Did I mention that DH is on vacation this week. He had to use it before the first of March 1st or lose it. So on Thursday we are going to Iowa to visit the kids and families that live there and visit acouple of DH's Aunts. Be gone until Monday and I am looking forward to it.

Went to visit my friend at the rehab center when I got off work yesterday. She was having a bad day and was crying. I feel so bad as don't know what to say. She only has 20 days paid at the rehab and she is so weak. One day at a time. I should go over when I get off today, I just find it so hard and then she doesn't want me to leave and I feel like such a heel.

DH just called and said a group from our motorcycle group plans to go to the movie this evening. Going to see "Risen". Have mixed feelings as just had not really thought about wanting to see it. But it's a date night so will enjoy the time with DH and friends.

Kjlamore--love the song and video. Wise words. Thanks for sharing.

Heather--Sounds like you are learning a lot of interesting words. Penny's story sounds like the start of a murder book.

Well not a lot to say today. Going to finish up some work and be ready when my relief comes in. Tomorrow I work the 7-3 shift and then have a meeting with the big boss. He has scheduled a meeting with each of us and not sure what is going on and after this last week it could not be fun. See what happens.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE where the sun is shining and 50 degrees.
  • pipcd34
    Options
    vicky57- so sorry to hear about your friend :0(
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,118 Member
    Options
    <3