Which celebrity's death upset you the most?

Options

Replies

• ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I miss Mr. Rogers. He would understand.

Awe him too
  • jltorres0214
    Options
    Michael Jackson
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Oh another one that was so tragic Mitch Hedberg...OMG the man was one of the most hilarious comedians I ever heard. Seems the really funny ones have a very dark side to them.
  • Aviendha_RJ
    Aviendha_RJ Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Princess Diana. I still remember exactly where I was & what I was doing the moment I heard.

Terrible loss.
  • nomorepizza2
    nomorepizza2 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    John Denver, Richard Griffiths, James Gandolfini. All irreplaceable.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Mother Teresa. She held me in her arms when i was a baby ( Im from Calcutta) She never acted like she was famous one bit. Everyone saw her walking around the streets helping people all the time. :brokenheart: We need more people like her.

Mother Teresa was a fraud. She was not a friend of the poor. She was a friend of poverty. She said that suffering was a gift from God. She spent her life opposing the only known cure for poverty, which is the empowerment of women and the emancipation of them from a livestock version of compulsory reproduction .As a result, she publicly supported policies that led directly to greater suffering among the people she had pledged to help, discouraging the use of prophylactics that could have prevented unwanted pregnancies and slowed the spread of AIDS and other STDs.

Mother Teresa’s Homes of the Dying served only to warehouse the sick in unsanitary conditions until they were too weak to protest against baptism into the Catholic faith. Lets not even get into the atrocities at her homes for the dying. The last thing we need isore people that think suffering is a good thing.

A real piece of work you are.

well I bought into the myth to until I heard first hand accounts which led me to research the woman a little.

"heard" and researched......never really met. Or worked with. Or really experienced any kind of appreciation. I doubt if you would ever go down there yourself and find out =)

so then I guess my best friend and her family were just making stuff up for ****s and giggles

Ahmadinejad said the holocaust didn't happen, I could take his word like you did with the family of your friend. But I actually researched by studying the topic and going to the places and saw the concentration camps. I could've based my "research" on what I heard from some conspiracy theorist and took their word and accepted that 6 million European Jewish people migrated to the unknown, and all those mass graves were "frauds".

You are entitled to an opinion but stating what you heard from another person as a fact isn't really an opinion more along the lines of spreading a rumor or a lie.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    You know those people that go to like, Olive Garden, and they've been there before and they were happy with it, and then one day a waiter was a little snippy and they stomp their feet and whine and cry and decide they're never going to another Olive Garden ever ever again, and they tell all their friends how horrible Olive Garden is because one time, the waiter was a little too snippy...? Yepp, that's what's going on here.

olive garden is horrible. from its bad bread sticks and salad to its sub par pasta.

lol. I like Olive Garden well enough. I can get better Italian food that's really italian elsewhere, but it's good when I don't have a huge budget.

Are you ignoring the fact that they MAKE that food with TOP QUALITY microwaves and PRE-MADE, PROCESSED sauces? I have first-hand experience of this from my friend and I think you should know that MY homemade Italian food is so much better than that crap. All my friends and family say so in my hometown. Too bad I don't have a chain restaurant for my food...so much better than Olive Garden's cruelty to food and fraudulence.

Do your research, people! Gawwwwlllll.

Meh. I like it well enough as well. I don't care about the method of preparation as long as it tickles my taste buds appropriately. But then again, I'm not a food snob. If it tastes good and if it fits my caloric goals, I'll enjoy it.
  • fShaw86
    fShaw86 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Adam Petty, Marco Simoncelli
  • DYfive
    DYfive Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Chris Benoit. I had become a huge fan of his, and then for him to do what he did just completely killed me. Rough.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Vincent Price

William S. Burroughs

Heath Ledger...Best joker ever.

Hunter.S.Thompson

Bill Hicks <3 that guy :(
  • honey_bee_keysha
    honey_bee_keysha Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Micheal Jackson
  • fShaw86
    Options
    Vincent Price

William S. Burroughs

Hunter.S.Thompson

Totally forgot Bill Hicks! I guess he passed away before I was born. Just found about him a couple of years ago.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Vincent Price

William S. Burroughs

Hunter.S.Thompson

Totally forgot Bill Hicks! I guess he passed away before I was born. Just found about him a couple of years ago.

and now I am mourning my youth.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Heath Ledger
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Stevie Ray Vaughan, Chris Farley, and Mr. Rogers.
  • g0tr00t
    g0tr00t Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Kurt Cobain
    I would have liked to see what else he had for us. R.I.P.
  • fShaw86
    Options
    Vincent Price

William S. Burroughs

Hunter.S.Thompson

and now I am mourning my youth.

You obviously had an amazing childhood! I had to check your profile, you don't look a day over 27. I saw one of his shows on YouTube about the war in Iraq and stuff, was deeply depressed that he is still so relevant in this day and age.
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    amy winehouse.
  • FlabFighter86
    FlabFighter86 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Michael Jackson

Stuart Cable
  • Tintactoo
    Tintactoo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Larry Hagman.

I have been a big Dallas fan since I was 9 back in 1978, I still watch it to this day. I was delighted when it returned and I was so pleased to see JR up to his old tricks again. Larry will always be JR and JR will always be Larry, there will never be another.