Which celebrity's death upset you the most?

Options

Replies

• RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    I don't know that he would be considered a celebrity, but Terry Fox.

True celeb... I wouldn't say I was upset but certainly troubled by it, and that was Heath Ledger.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    The crew members on board the Challenger when it exploded. It was my first experience with someone "famous" dying.

^^THIS. I was a little girl and watched it on live TV...:cry:

Oh yeah! I was in grade school and we watched it live too. This would definitely be the most affected I've been over people of a celebrity status dying.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    You know those people that go to like, Olive Garden, and they've been there before and they were happy with it, and then one day a waiter was a little snippy and they stomp their feet and whine and cry and decide they're never going to another Olive Garden ever ever again, and they tell all their friends how horrible Olive Garden is because one time, the waiter was a little too snippy...? Yepp, that's what's going on here.

olive garden is horrible. from its bad bread sticks and salad to its sub par pasta.

lol. I like Olive Garden well enough. I can get better Italian food that's really italian elsewhere, but it's good when I don't have a huge budget.

Are you ignoring the fact that they MAKE that food with TOP QUALITY microwaves and PRE-MADE, PROCESSED sauces? I have first-hand experience of this from my friend and I think you should know that MY homemade Italian food is so much better than that crap. All my friends and family say so in my hometown. Too bad I don't have a chain restaurant for my food...so much better than Olive Garden's cruelty to food and fraudulence.

Do your research, people! Gawwwwlllll.

Meh. I like it well enough as well. I don't care about the method of preparation as long as it tickles my taste buds appropriately. But then again, I'm not a food snob. If it tastes good and if it fits my caloric goals, I'll enjoy it.

I wasn't being serious.

Read the topic ;)

Sometimes I miss written sarcasm. :flowerforyou:
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Princess Diana. The flowers on her coffin with "Mummy" still chokes me up.

This!! When they showed the close-up of her coffin, and the flowers, and the card that was labeled 'Mummy' (or Mommy) nestled in with the flowers, I just lost it. I was fine until that scene played out.

As far as others, there are so many to mention. Most of ones that have been already mentioned. I have to say that James Gandolfini was a bit difficult. He was so young and even though he was severely overweight, him dying never crossed my mind.
  • TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Adam MCA from Beastie Boys/ James Gandolfini
  • ebonyroche
    ebonyroche Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Luther Vandross, Gerald Levert, Aaliyah, and Whitney Houston.
  • jez838
    jez838 Posts: 216
    Options
    I know I've already posted but here's a tragic one.

My friend and I had a crush on Jonathan Brandis (From IT, Seaquest, Neverending story etc) when we were teens.

I looked him up a few years ago and found out he committed suicide in 2003. Very Sad.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    SURGE NUBRET

RIP Big man
  • YearsWorthOfFAT
    Options
    I cried when i heard about Mitch Lucker and Jimmy Sullivan
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Cory Monteith passed.
  • Minerva624
    Minerva624 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes
    Kurt Cobain
    Aaliyah
    Heath Ledger
    Brad Renfro
  • GameOfPounds
    GameOfPounds Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Cory Monteith passed.

It's unbelievable and it's shocking because he was so young. Every person that dies young is a shock,no matter if he's a celeb or not :/
  • 18lalune
    18lalune Posts: 6
    Options
    Still not over Heath Ledger
  • markkirwan
    markkirwan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Bruce Lee & John Lennon
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Superman.

I was glad he got better.
  • bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Kurt Cobain and Steve Irvin
  • Hollyana
    Hollyana Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Before Michael Jackson died I didn't really understand people getting upset about celebrities dying. However, being in the middle of a long trip in a foreign country that I wasn't really enjoying, missing my partner, in the middle of the night, and finding out via a text... I was in floods of tears!

It's mainly because he was such an integral part of my childhood from the age of around 4 - it's tied into family memories, and I still listen to his music and am blown away by how amazing most of it is. It was honestly like losing part of my childhood!
  • GW1970
    GW1970 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Marco Simoncelli was about the first "famous" death that actually affected me. still miss watching him now!
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    There's a few for me. Patrick Swayze , Shannon Hoon and Heath Ledger.
  • majica8
    majica8 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    It was nearly 7 years before I was born, but John Lennon. Can't even explain it really but I have cried quite a bit over that one.
    Steve Irwin's was pretty upsetting but tbh I (and I think most people) had been expecting it to happen at some point with how he was with animals. I mean he was awesome, but he took a lot of risks.
    Ayrton Senna.