Which celebrity's death upset you the most?

Options

Replies

• EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Steve Irwin.

This^^
    and Farley.
  • rachdun
    rachdun Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Christopher Reeve
  • Markguns
    Markguns Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Mother Teresa. She held me in her arms when i was a baby ( Im from Calcutta) She never acted like she was famous one bit. Everyone saw her walking around the streets helping people all the time. :brokenheart: We need more people like her.

Mother Teresa was a fraud. She was not a friend of the poor. She was a friend of poverty. She said that suffering was a gift from God. She spent her life opposing the only known cure for poverty, which is the empowerment of women and the emancipation of them from a livestock version of compulsory reproduction .As a result, she publicly supported policies that led directly to greater suffering among the people she had pledged to help, discouraging the use of prophylactics that could have prevented unwanted pregnancies and slowed the spread of AIDS and other STDs.

Mother Teresa’s Homes of the Dying served only to warehouse the sick in unsanitary conditions until they were too weak to protest against baptism into the Catholic faith. Lets not even get into the atrocities at her homes for the dying. The last thing we need isore people that think suffering is a good thing.

Have you been to India? Have you seen the suffering and horrible conditions? Have you seen people walk up to her crying for help? She walked with my dad one time and on their way she saw a man fallen in the gutter. Without even thinking she bent down and tried to pick him. She couldnt, so my dad lifted him up and took him back with her where she put him on a clean bed and got nurses to clean him feed him.... Im not Catholic...ive seen her work, first hand. ....this comment you wrote is truly poisonous. Have you tried helping people even a fraction of the way she tried?

I've helped people more. I don't belive suffering and pain and death are good things like her. The children strapped down to beds and gagged, the horrible conditions people faced in her homes. Please tell me how they are good things.she refused pain medication to dying people so they could be more like Jesus in their suffering.

Well I can certainly see that. At the young age of 36 I see you have helped a lot. However, I fail to understand how mocking somebody who have helped (admittedly fewer people than you while you worked in retail in Texas, playing on your iPhone, working out on the track) makes them a fraud? I mean I know you have lived a very tough life (what with the phone contract that you're having a hard time getting out of etc) but.. just try to imagine a woman helping out poor kids. That isn't too shabby in my humble opinion.

Unfortunately, public cannot nominate Noble prize nominations else I would nominate you for noble prize, Poison.

I'd call it a Not So Noble, and I'd go with Strychnine. It's slow n painful. Thumbs Up!
  • moss11
    moss11 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Adam Faith-died too young!
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Heath Ledger. It seemed so out of the blue.

Selena. Because she was murdered and she had been kind of a wholesome role model for many young hispanic girls here in Texas. Nothing sadder than seeing all of her very young fans mourning her.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Nobody even mentioned Dennis Hopper....what a brilliant guy!
  • mperrott2205
    mperrott2205 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Kurt Cobain.

You stole the meme I made and posted! :'(
  • fShaw86
    fShaw86 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Larry Hagman.

I have been a big Dallas fan since I was 9 back in 1978, I still watch it to this day. I was delighted when it returned and I was so pleased to see JR up to his old tricks again. Larry will always be JR and JR will always be Larry, there will never be another.

I thought he was amazing in the I Dream of Jeanne re-runs. Guy was gorgeous.

Also, Leslie Carter.
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Elvis Presley, first and foremost.

This^^^^^^

Patrick Swayze
    Karen Carpenter

All gone too young :cry:
  • missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Roy Castle
    Ayrton Senna - I watched that race :(
    Kurt Cobain
    Chris Benoit - hell, any wrestler who died before their time I'm sad for them and their families
    Ronnie James Dio
  • Keleb_DaWhiz
    Options
    I wasn't alive but the deaths that made me sad were Buddy Holly and Elvis Presley. Their deaths made me sad after reading their stories. Aaliyah Houghton too! :(
  • surreygirl23
    surreygirl23 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I don't think I've ever been 'upset' by a celeb's death. Shocked, definitely, sad, maybe.
    Those that went too young -
    Diana (although the outpouring of 'grief' afterwards was waaaay OTT).
    Amy W. (sad because so inevitable, and avoidable).
    Steve Irwin.
    Steve McQueen - I'm a bit too young, but I remember my Mum being shocked by his passing.
    Freddie M.
    Heath L. & River Phoenix.
    Bobby Robson & Roy Castle - my Dad was affected by these two - really nice guys too.
    Natasha Richardson - to die from falling over, now that was a shock, really sad.
    Michael Hutchence because of the way he died, and then Paula Yates - because she couldn't live without him. I felt so sorry for Bob Geldoff trying to pick up the pieces.
  • jez838
    jez838 Posts: 216
    Options
    Brittany Murphy I can't watch her comedies now cause its too sad.

Also Aaliyah cause she was the same age as me and died when she was 21.
  • jez838
    jez838 Posts: 216
    Options
    Oh and Natasha Richardson and Kirsty McColl because they were tragic accidents.
  • jodie_t
    jodie_t Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    John Lennon/ Jimi Hendrix/ Keith Moon / Amy Winehouse, most of them fairly predictable, but still heartbreaking, they had so much more they could have given us..
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    The crew members on board the Challenger when it exploded. It was my first experience with someone "famous" dying.
  • tiffanymvincent
    tiffanymvincent Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    andy whitfield. still tears me up...
  • m16shane
    m16shane Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Chris farley upset me because of how depressed he was.
  • ashleybreanna13
    ashleybreanna13 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I just watched Anna Nicole on Lifetime, and I think that was sad.

Johnny Cash & June Carter Cash! They were too cute together! I'm surprised she died before him....
  • atb0821
    atb0821 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Bradley Nowell (because I'm such a Sublime freak).

I will be horribly upset when Betty White passes.