Which celebrity's death upset you the most?

Options

Replies

• zanyzana
    zanyzana Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Spike Milligan. He was my literary grandfather. And Heath Ledger - that was a shock, too young.
  • Errrica91
    Errrica91 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Brittany Murphy and Heath Ledger.
  • 111orBust
    111orBust Posts: 41
    Options
    Heath Ledger.
  • ruth3698
    ruth3698 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    He wasn't a celebrity really,but author Robert Jordan who wrote the Wheel of Time books.I grew up reading them and they offered an escape from a tough life.I cried when I heard he passed :( As for a real celebrity,the one that shocked me was Heath Ledger.
  • missability
    missability Posts: 223
    Options
    On December 14, 2012, 20-year-old Adam Lanza fatally shot twenty children at Sandy Hook Elementary School in the village of Sandy Hook in Newtown, Connecticut.
    Anyone of them could have been celebrities.....but we will never know.....my heart still aches for those trusting, innocent souls.....
  • 2b_perfect00
    2b_perfect00 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    None. I don't know them and can't say I have ever been inspired or motivated by anyone. People die everyday, just the way it goes.
  • 2b_perfect00
    2b_perfect00 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    On December 14, 2012, 20-year-old Adam Lanza fatally shot twenty children at Sandy Hook Elementary School in the village of Sandy Hook in Newtown, Connecticut.
    Anyone of them could have been celebrities.....but we will never know.....my heart still aches for those trusting, innocent souls.....

Best answer by far.
    So young, so innocent. So much potential and life left to live. THIS breaks my heart.
  • ahopefulloser
    ahopefulloser Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Kurt Vonnegut. I cried for days.
  • EZaccone85
    EZaccone85 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Steve Irwin.

A very sad time of my life, I wanted to be a herpatologist because of him and Jeff Corwin!!
  • LitaRose77
    LitaRose77 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    George Burns & Vincent Price
  • foxro
    foxro Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    All of those men and women who lived and died to protect our freedoms and ability to live in peace and love !!!!
  • GTAFrank
    GTAFrank Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Bruce Lee, John Candy
  • lifesigns64
    lifesigns64 Posts: 110
    Options
    Chris Farley... there is no one who made me laugh more. Tommy Boy was one of my favorite movies

After Chris... Jfk Jr. .....princess dianna... James gandolfini ... Michael & whitney
  • lifesigns64
    lifesigns64 Posts: 110
    Options
    Yes John candy too
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Princess Diana and Michael Jackson

8488541.png
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    John F. Kennedy Jr. :cry:

I :heart: him.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    As of yesterday...Cory Monteith. I can hardly believe it. I almost started crying...my husband was looking at me weird.

he was only two years older than I am...I'm disturbed. it's so sad.
  • carbons2k
    carbons2k Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    John Ritter - I remember where I was and I was in tears
    Christopher Reeves - To this day I wont watch any other Superman movie
    Freddy Mecury - One of all time favorites musicians
  • _Countryboy_
    Options
    Dale on The Walkling Dead. I thought that was much more heart wrenching than when Shane died, because at least Dale had his heart in the right place, as opposed to Shane, who was nothing more than the south end of a northbound mule....

Wait, this is not what we are talking about, is it?

For me, It was Thurman Munson, back in the 70's. He was the all star catcher for the New York Yankees, and although I did not really pull for the yankees, I liked Munson. He was a hard worker, not a big showboat, and I had his rookie baseball card from 1970. That one hit me hard, because back then, at that age, baseball players were almost superhuman to me.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I try not to let such things bother me, because so many deaths happen each day and for the most part go un noticed.

But for me it was Princess Diana. I was only 18 when she had died and she'd been such big thing all my life. She'd done a lot of good.