30 Day Water Challenge

Options
trebarkjohn
trebarkjohn Posts: 25 Member
edited February 2016 in Challenges
I have been reading so much lately about 30 day water challenges.
I think I ll give it a try.
Any one want to join me?

Here are the guidelines I am using (please arrange for your health and situations if necessary):

128 ounces (1 gallon) of water in a 24 hour period
Only plain water - other fluids like tea, coffee, flavored water, etc... will not count towards the goal.

That simple.
Starting February 3 , but you can start when you would like.

Also, if you done this challenge before let us know how you did.

Replies

• 19justme73
    19justme73 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I willing to try :)
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    That is too much fluid intake, completely unnecessary. How about 1/2 gallon of water and whatever else you intake.

You can die drinking too much water.
  • ChoKitty
    ChoKitty Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm willing to try too! It will be hard when working the floor, but why not?
  • trebarkjohn
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    That is too much fluid intake, completely unnecessary. How about 1/2 gallon of water and whatever else you intake.

You can die drinking too much water.

Like I said, you can set your own guidelines.

• charmedbrat
    charmedbrat Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Your suppose to drink half ur weight in watet so thays 154oz for me... im on board with this... im up to try new things
  • Betsybeee
    Betsybeee Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I can't even get to 8 glasses of water so I'm going to start there. Thanks, great idea. Today I only drank 5 glasses of water. This does not include coffee of which I had 3 cups.
  • trebarkjohn
    Options
    I have been been reading a lot about the benefits of water. I am looking forward to giving this a try. I attempt to drink more water every day, but I just haven t been able to drink more than 40 ounces or so.
  • trcfeen
    trcfeen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am willing to try it out! Accountability will help with motivation.
  • Gbriana91
    Gbriana91 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I definitely will be doing this as well!!
  • Deborah_Love
    Deborah_Love Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm in! But aiming for 2.5L of water instead :)
  • MercyOxendine
    MercyOxendine Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I need to do this but I'm with you, if I can push 8 I am doing great, at the moment I can go all day and not even have one. smh! :/
    Betsybeee wrote: »
    I can't even get to 8 glasses of water so I'm going to start there. Thanks, great idea. Today I only drank 5 glasses of water. This does not include coffee of which I had 3 cups.

• trebarkjohn
    Options
    Day 1 for me.
    MFP has an 'add water' feature that records in cups so I might use that to keep track. I can see how it would be hard to keep record of how much you drink each day.
    How do plan to keep track?
  • MercyOxendine
    MercyOxendine Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Day 1 for me.
    MFP has an 'add water' feature that records in cups so I might use that to keep track. I can see how it would be hard to keep record of how much you drink each day.

I have a 32 oz bottle so if I drink it full twice a day, that will be my 8 glasses or cups as MFP puts it. I have some friends that 24 to 30 is nothing for them everyday. If I can make it through just one week doing 8 a day, I will be happy. Over half way through my first bottle now.
  • trebarkjohn
    Options
    Day 1 for me.

I have a 32 oz bottle so if I drink it full twice a day, that will be my 8 glasses or cups as MFP puts it. I have some friends that 24 to 30 is nothing for them everyday. If I can make it through just one week doing 8 a day, I will be happy. Over half way through my first bottle now.

Good idea. Sounds better than carrying around a gallon of water although I considered that too.
    I am 43 bounce in so far. Lunch break is oon so I ll have more.
  • trebarkjohn
    Options
    16 ounces to go and it s only 7:40PM. Not bad for day one.
    Bought a $2 gallon water jug at the dollar store. I m going to see how that works for measuring.
    How did everyone do? Did you make your goal?
  • Betsybeee
    Betsybeee Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Day 2 and I'm now at 5. So I'm going to chug 3 glasses in the next hour. Hopefully, it will stop snacking!
  • trebarkjohn
    Options
    Betsybeee wrote: »
    Day 2 and I'm now at 5. So I'm going to chug 3 glasses in the next hour. Hopefully, it will stop snacking!

How did you do? If you didn't make it, at least you made progress. That s what s most important to me
  • derpingson
    derpingson Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    yo, lets do it
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I am willing to try to increase my water, but I don't think I will be drinking a gallon. Only about 5 c today.
  • GoreOne
    GoreOne Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Cool!