Weekend detoxes, wawa crystals...

Options
13»

Replies

• stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    I saw this one one the newsstand Sunday and just shook my head.

image.aspx?i=cover0086324.jpg&w=300

Don't forget this one...
    Woman's_World_magazine_cover.png

My grandma always includes a bunch of clippings from that magazine in her letters to me. I have no clue what she is trying to say.

Hmmm 8 pounds in 7 days or 5 pounds per day for 5 days. I think I'll take his first miracle over his second miracle.
  • QueenofHearts023
    QueenofHearts023 Posts: 421 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

Don't forget this one...
    Woman's_World_magazine_cover.png

My grandma always includes a bunch of clippings from that magazine in her letters to me. I have no clue what she is trying to say.

Is anyome noticing the delicious chocolates and cupcakes on this page?? How are we supposed to stick to the miracle plan with all the bad foods being plastered everywhere!
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    mathjulz wrote: »
    macgurlnet wrote: »

Hang on, my foam roller will make me taller???? Why haven't I been told this before?

The latest detox thing I heard about is some magic potion that removes the "rotting food and toxic sludge" from your gut to flatten your belly.

I'm over arguing about detoxing but if you really think food sits in you and rots on a regular basis...well.

I just don't know what to say to that.

~Lyssa

Wow, I could use a couple of inches. I need a foam roller now! :blush:

Wait, can I choose where to add them?
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    Mixed messages. I mean, look how pretty the cupcakes are, and how non-threatening. And the chocolate, well, it's better than Prozac, so eat up! (Although, I agree with that--I'll take chocolate any day over any medication.)

So brighten up your day and eat those pretty cupcakes, shovel down that delicious chocolate and then if you listen to Dr. Oz, you have nothing to worry about, right?

And then you fail. And don't know why.
  • determined24girl
    determined24girl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I thought (from reading the title) that someone, somewhere, was wanting women to stick crystals in their "Wawa" to lose weight.... After reading the actual post I'm very pleased to see that, that is not the case.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    I thought (from reading the title) that someone, somewhere, was wanting women to stick crystals in their "Wawa" to lose weight.... After reading the actual post I'm very pleased to see that, that is not the case.

In for hoo-hah crystals!
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    Those would be Ben Wa, not WaWa. ;)
  • Azercord
    Azercord Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    WaWa had me at gold stars. I mean come on people, GOLD STARS, that is worth the $115 you are saving right there. Now if only they would throw in a magnet so I can put it on my refrigerator and show everyone how proud of myself I am.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Now I really want some salmon and mushrooms. I'm going to the store today and might grab some portabella caps to make a triple mushroom and cheese with a ton of mustard salmon burger.

...Or I might run down to my local WaWa. If I get donuts from there, would they magically be healthier than Dunkin Donuts, because they're from WaWa (is crystalized sugar from WaWa the same as WaWa crystals)? :p
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    There's a 50s ad for amphetamines as the miracle mother's helper and it makes all sorts of claims too. Humans always and forever will be gullible to this nonsense.

Anytime I hear that or someone on here trying to lose weight in an unhealthy way I always think of 30 Rock and Dr. Spaceman. When one of the characters gains some weight and is trying to figure out how to lose it.

tumblr_ltuq2q6fcc1qcwyjso1_500.jpg?w=560

a0d451a4457b5e498cb457d8726d1382.jpg

This thread calls for some more Dr. Spaceman, the fictional Dr. Oz.

fc732eeba59645f5e8307aa64b4100f9.jpg

giphy.gif

• mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    mathjulz wrote: »
    macgurlnet wrote: »

Hang on, my foam roller will make me taller???? Why haven't I been told this before?

The latest detox thing I heard about is some magic potion that removes the "rotting food and toxic sludge" from your gut to flatten your belly.

I'm over arguing about detoxing but if you really think food sits in you and rots on a regular basis...well.

I just don't know what to say to that.

~Lyssa

Wow, I could use a couple of inches. I need a foam roller now! :blush:

Wait, can I choose where to add them?

I was trying not to go there; I guess it was inevitable though. :naughty: