Haven't Lost/ Look At My Diary

Options
13»

Replies

• toe1226
    toe1226 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Lookin goooood girl! I have been at a little stall, so I just repeat to myself weightloss isn't linear!! It takes time. 3 weeks is nothing. It does look like your diet is a bit high in sodium- all the more reason to be holding on to a little extra water weight. Of course you have less to lose now so it is going to take longer and require more accuracy. I notice you drink a small amount of milk in the morning- are you also drinking coffee? It's 2-5 cals a cup! Log it alllll!
  • HutchA12
    HutchA12 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    acheben wrote: »
    Your diary looks like you might not be logging everything. Did you really go to Texas roadhouse and only eat a 6oz sirloin, 1 skewer of grilled shrimp, and a cup of green beans? No rolls? Did you really get queso at Taco Cabana and not have any chips?

It also looks like you're not really eating many vegetables. Are you eating them and just not logging?

Absolutely. What goes into my mouth, goes into my log.I talked to my waiter and made sure he understood exactly what I wanted and my steak came out cut to portion and I gave the other piece to by husband.
    And as for Taco Cabana, yes, I did have queso with no chips because I used my queso to dip my flautas in.

I agree I should eat more vegetables.

Texas Roadhouse green beans come smothered in butter. I don't see that logged.

I'm not trying to pick nits, but just trying to illustrate the point that your diary does NOT reflect any sort of accuracy. If you're not losing and you expect to be, upping accuracy is the first place to start.

They also add bacon at the one I knew.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    OP, I always thought that because I went by what the package said I was getting accurate calorie info - and I was shocked when I started weighing everything. A package of frozen fish will say a serving is one fillet/ 132 grams. Then I would weigh each of the fillets and they would all weigh between 150-175. My Quaker oats say a serving is 1/2 cup or 40 grams. When I weigh it, I can easily get 45-50 grams of oats in my 1/2 cup measuring scoop. A loaf of bread will say that a serving is 1 slice/31 grams and there are 25 servings in the package. And when I weigh the slices they are 40 grams and there are only 20 slices in the bag.

As far as comparing now to two years ago, you are two years older and probably are not living the exact same way every day that you were then. Especially with a med condition, who knows how it has affected your digestion, your appetite, your energy level etc that may now be different than it was then. Comparing yourself to someone else (including the you from 2 years ago) is wasted effort! Also, you tend to lose faster when you have more to lose.

You have already made AMAZING progress. Just try to tighten up the logging a bit and be patient :) Good luck!
  • jennmariepantoja
    jennmariepantoja Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! I do appreciate the advice.
    From now on I will log better, add more protein and veg, and less processed food.
    I didn't realize I was consuming so much sodium, but that does make sense!
  • dalielahdawn
    dalielahdawn Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I weigh pre packaged food. And even slices of bread too. They are almost always more grams than the serving size on the package. Not weighing those pre packed items can add up to a fairly large number of unlogged calories.