Oreos: The greatest packaged cookie of all time

Options

Replies

• Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    I should have known from the thread title that I should not open it, but I had to peek behind the curtain. @Carlos_421 double stuff is so much better than the original. Quadruple stuff rocks even more. Homemade is by far the best, fresh out of the oven. I don't know how I am going to sleep with all this sadness filling my mind :cry:

I feel I must clarify.

Oreos are the best PACKAGED cookie.

Nothing beats a warm home baked chocolate chip cookie straight from the oven.
  • richln
    richln Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Won't eat an Oreo. Too unhealthy. If I crave a cookie I buy a single serve organic cookie without high fructose corn syrup and other junk added to be able to make it cheaper. I go for the real thing.

lxe2mxio067a.jpg
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    eldamiano wrote: »
    Oreos are horrendously overrated. Not bad, but the fact that I have a pack on my desk which is only half finished while having bought about 20 different packets since I acquired the packet originally.... it speaks volumes....

about your lack of humanity...

or more likely, that I am a bit classier when it comes to biscuits.....

You probably don't even know what it is to soak an Oreo in milk until it no longer floats and then squish it between your tongue and the roof of your mouth.

You're killing me here! If I had an oreo 2 cookie pack right now.....Breakfast!
  • Carlos_421
    Options
    Rocknut53 wrote: »
    Oreos are horrendously overrated. Not bad, but the fact that I have a pack on my desk which is only half finished while having bought about 20 different packets since I acquired the packet originally.... it speaks volumes....

about your lack of humanity...

or more likely, that I am a bit classier when it comes to biscuits.....

You probably don't even know what it is to soak an Oreo in milk until it no longer floats and then squish it between your tongue and the roof of your mouth.

You're killing me here! If I had an oreo 2 cookie pack right now.....Breakfast!

Haha!! Not to be a diet destroyer but...the six packs are only 270 calories...totally worth it.
  • bellabonbons
    bellabonbons Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I make my own Oreos. They are yummy chocolate creamy and a healthy version of the real thing. My late husband (he died young) believed that 75% of Cancer is caused by the chemicals, artificial colors and preservatives in foods including pesticides. In the medical newsletters he received from the of Obstetrics and Gynecology is a report that today they are finding very high amounts of pesticides in infant cord blood. This tells you how saturated mother's bodies are. I pay the few dollars extra for USDA certified organic. Our bodies are stressed enough as it is from environmental pollution. By eating only organic we are protecting our bodies from the potential of further irreversible damage. Personal choice.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    I'm late to the party but....so in.

When I went to Spain, I stayed with a gal who had been an exchange student & stayed at our house the year before.

My "breakfast" was 2 fudge covered oreos and a glass of Tang.

I try not to have Oreos in my house because I tend to over-indulge in them. 2 is simply not enough :(

The Oreo minis are pretty great. I like being able to eat 9 cookies instead of 2.

I have not had opportunity to try many of the flavors, but Double Stuf is by far the best.

#caseclosed

~Lyssa
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I should have known from the thread title that I should not open it, but I had to peek behind the curtain. @Carlos_421 double stuff is so much better than the original. Quadruple stuff rocks even more. Homemade is by far the best, fresh out of the oven. I don't know how I am going to sleep with all this sadness filling my mind :cry:

I feel I must clarify.

Your title did say it. Reading comprehension, I need some. Or to stop responding to threads so late at night!
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options

I feel I must clarify.

Your title did say it. Reading comprehension, I need some. Or to stop responding to threads so late at night!

Here...have a cookie

oreo-cookie-isolated.jpg
  • nutmegoreo
    Options

I feel I must clarify.

Here...have a cookie

oreo-cookie-isolated.jpg

Thanks! That should fix everything. :bigsmile:
  • juggernaut1974
    Options
    So...googling I came across these. Haven't ever seen them but I would give 'em a whirl

oreo-churros-official.0.0.jpg
  • Carlos_421
    Options
    So...googling I came across these. Haven't ever seen them but I would give 'em a whirl

Brb. Checking Amazon.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

Haven't found them yet but some reviews online were not great.
  • Carlos_421
    Options

Brb. Checking Amazon.

Couldn't find em. Ugh
  • nutmegoreo
    Options

If they are not available, this post is not helpful at all!!! It's just going to create angry hoards of unsatisfied consumers. :grumble:
  • JShailen
    JShailen Posts: 184 Member
    Options

Omg. Want! Now!!!
  • Carlos_421
    Options

If they are not available, this post is not helpful at all!!! It's just going to create angry hoards of unsatisfied consumers. :grumble:

You mean like these??
    Oreoos.jpg
  • nutmegoreo
    Options

You mean like these??
    Oreoos.jpg

So many Oreo products I have never seen before. I'm not sure how I feel about these ones. I would have to try them.
  • juggernaut1974
    Options
    Sorry I was away for a bit...had to run to the store quick

@Carlos_421 I'll save you some!

4bf9508f-1269-476d-b498-644cff381dc8_zpsetvjod9z.jpg
  • CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Despite drooling over this thread for the past day, I just went to the store and passed the Oreos by to get to the Belvita Soft Bakes. I'm feeling uber-virtuous at the moment, although I do have to go back to the store tomorrow...