Options

Replies

• Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,200 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    evesmom2 wrote: »
    I can't believe there is a 36 page thread on Oreos! They are my nemesis and I can't have them in the house or I'll eat the whole package with milk....whole milk...ice cold...and Oreos.

I can't believe there are 36 pages about Oreos, I can't stand them.

*Dodges the evil stares and reminds everyone that it means more for them :wink:

I thought you liked the mint ones?

Nope, the only ones I've had that I could tolerate (of the couple I've had) were the Key Lime Pie ones. They have a "graham cracker" cookie. The regular cookie tastes extremely bitter to me.

ETA: I'm also one of those people genetically blessed to taste cilantro (coriander leaves to the UK) as soap.
  • evesmom2
    evesmom2 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I can't believe there is a 36 page thread on Oreos! They are my nemesis and I can't have them in the house or I'll eat the whole package with milk....whole milk...ice cold...and Oreos.

Nope, the only ones I've had that I could tolerate (of the couple I've had) were the Key Lime Pie ones. They have a "graham cracker" cookie. The regular cookie tastes extremely bitter to me.

Oh that's right, I forgot what I read....I just remembered "green" mint/liime...both green.
    (I think I should go to bed...I'm loopy)
  • Wynterbourne
    edited September 2016
    Options

Oh that's right, I forgot what I read....I just remembered "green" mint/liime...both green.
    (I think I should go to bed...I'm loopy)

LOL. 36 pages remember? I wouldn't have expected you to remember at all. I'm shocked you remembered the green aspect. :wink:

Edit: And I may need some sleep. I've said 'remember' way too many times in such a short span.
  • crabbybrianna
    crabbybrianna Posts: 344 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    A consistent source of disappointment in my life is the fact that we don't get the special edition Oreo flavours in Canada.

I mean, I know they're never going to compare to the original. But I at least want to try!

I've seen some of the special edition ones in Canada. S'mores ones were sold up here, pumpkin spice ones are in stores now, I saw them yesterday (I'm in Calgary right now). I can't remember which other flavors that I've seen here, but I know I've seen some. Definitely not as many flavors as there are south of the border, but there have been a few.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I honestly don't think the Swedish Fish Oreos were terrible. I liked them a lot more than I did the fudge brownie.

Lemon were pretty good.
    These are my favorite "Oreos" of the year. The flavor is unique and everything I wanted in a limey cookie.

I have some chocolate thins I plan on eating soon. I've got the choco chip, candy cane, pumpkin spice Oreos, and HEB apple pie 2wisters to buy.

FYI, there's a sale at Krogers going on right now. I believe they're 1.99 right now. I have a dollar off two coupon so :wink:
  • Wynterbourne
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    I honestly don't think the Swedish Fish Oreos were terrible. I liked them a lot more than I did the fudge brownie.

Lemon were pretty good.
    These are my favorite "Oreos" of the year. The flavor is unique and everything I wanted in a limey cookie.

I have some chocolate thins I plan on eating soon. I've got the choco chip, candy cane, pumpkin spice Oreos, and HEB apple pie 2wisters to buy.

FYI, there's a sale at Krogers going on right now. I believe they're 1.99 right now. I have a dollar off two coupon so :wink:

My roommate handed me of those Swedish Fish Oreos. Smelled like cherry snow cone syrup with a dash of cherry cough syrup. Initial flavor wasn't awful, but... And this is hard to explain, but to me the aftertaste screamed gummy. I've always thought of gummy as a texture, not a taste, but yeah. Somehow at the end it screamed gummy and not in a good way. *shudder* But again, I'm biased. lol
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I've heard about some after taste. I actually really liked the way they smelled, but my tastes in sweets aren't the most refine. I'll happily eat things like Little Debbie honey buns and Pop Tarts.
  • kathrynjean_
    kathrynjean_ Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    A consistent source of disappointment in my life is the fact that we don't get the special edition Oreo flavours in Canada.

I mean, I know they're never going to compare to the original. But I at least want to try!

I've seen some of the special edition ones in Canada. S'mores ones were sold up here, pumpkin spice ones are in stores now, I saw them yesterday (I'm in Calgary right now). I can't remember which other flavors that I've seen here, but I know I've seen some. Definitely not as many flavors as there are south of the border, but there have been a few.

Waaaat. Out of curiousity, which stores are you shopping at @crabbybrianna ? I'm in Ontario and have checked Walmart, Metro and Loblaws with no luck.

The most I've seen here are sometimes mint and a lot of Olympics and Stanley Cup ones that are just regular Oreos with a special design.
  • crabbybrianna
    crabbybrianna Posts: 344 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

Waaaat. Out of curiousity, which stores are you shopping at @crabbybrianna ? I'm in Ontario and have checked Walmart, Metro and Loblaws with no luck.

The most I've seen here are sometimes mint and a lot of Olympics and Stanley Cup ones that are just regular Oreos with a special design.

I have found them at Co-op, which is a store that I'm pretty sure doesn't exist in Ontario. Even at Co-op they're hard to find because they don't keep them in the cookie aisle with the other Oreos, they put them in baskets by the entrance or at the back of the store. It's pretty random. I have seen them in other stores (possibly Walmart) but I can't recall which ones. If I see them anywhere I will report back.

Most stores carry the basic Canadian Oreo flavors: original, double stuf, golden, chocolate, mint, original thins, and golden thins, but even some stores (like Loblaws, you'd think a store that big would carry everything) don't have these all the time.
  • LUHAN27
    LUHAN27 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Anyone tried the mint Oreos? Is it true that they taste like thin mints?
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Hmmmph, this thread always makes me buy Oreos.
    But then they aren't really very good. Either the ones that get to Australia have been rejected in the US, or I don't have the rights genetic makeup to appreciate them. I bought Vanilla thins last night, and ate a few, but it seems like the biscuit is dry and kind of clumps in my mouth and the vanilla creme is just dull.
    If I'm going to enjoy a biscuit (cookie), give me a Timtam any day!
  • LUHAN27
    LUHAN27 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    pebble4321 wrote: »
    But then they aren't really very good. Either the ones that get to Australia have been rejected in the US, or I don't have the rights genetic makeup to appreciate them. I bought Vanilla thins last night, and ate a few, but it seems like the biscuit is dry and kind of clumps in my mouth and the vanilla creme is just dull.

Timtams are amazing!! They only carry the original and caramel ones where I'm from! I would love to try the other flavors as well!
  • pebble4321
    Options
    LUHAN27 wrote: »

Timtams are amazing!! They only carry the original and caramel ones where I'm from! I would love to try the other flavors as well!

@LUHAN27
    Keep your eyes out for doublecoat timtams - in the blue pack. No extra flavour just more chocolate! These are the only ones that I think are better than the originals.
    And the flavoured ones are OK, but I think they are more for novelty value than taste, you aren't really missing much.
    7tum7nf62vi2.jpeg

Apologies for the diversion, Oreo-lovers, please carry on with normal programming now.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options

What you're eating. It's not Oreos.
  • chapiano
    chapiano Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    chapiano wrote: »
    From an UK prospective all types of Oreo's are gross! Chocolate Hob Nobs all day long for me

This is why we dumped yall's tea in the harbor.
    I could use some birthday cake oreos right now!

My oreo intake has been severely lacking. I know, I know...punish me. I'm a bad oreo lover.

chapiano wrote: »
    From an UK prospective all types of Oreo's are gross! Chocolate Hob Nobs all day long for me

Cool story bro.

Ha. Seriously oreos have a very artificial taste. Not in the same league as UK " cookies"

A brew and dunking biscuits is a loved national past time
  • pebble4321
    Options

I wouldn't rule it out. I know that Cadbury chocolate tastes different in different countries so maybe Oreo make an export version that is inferior.
  • chapiano
    chapiano Posts: 331 Member
    Options

I wouldn't rule it out. I know that Cadbury chocolate tastes different in different countries so maybe Oreo make an export version that is inferior.

Fair point, maybe the uk oreos are nothing like the real thing
  • pebble4321
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Hmmm, I'm guessing these aren't what you are eating in the US!

e7tokej67242.jpeg
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    macgurlnet wrote: »
    JeepHair77 wrote: »
    The choco chip oreos are sort of disappointing. That's not to say that they aren't good, they're just not an oreo, really.

This is the year I'll buy the pumpkin spice ones. I'll roll my eyes at myself, but I'll buy them, and I'll probably secretly love them.

Agreed on the choco chip. I like the cookie, but the filing is meh at best.

I bought the Swedish fish ones because I have a morbid curiosity.

Will have to see if I can find pumpkin spice..

~Lyssa

Please update on the Swedish Fish oreo because most reviews I've read about it have horrified me.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Cover those cookies in fudge.