Oreos: The greatest packaged cookie of all time

Options

Replies

• sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, but the original Oreo is perfection, and when dipped in 2% milk it's a religious experience. You simply can't improve them.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    snikkins wrote: »
    Mega Stuf Oreos have too much filling. They're almost not enjoyable.

The filling is the best part!

Gotta have the right ratio of cream to cookie though.

I agree. For me, the Double Stuf is just too much...stuff. The balance is off.

Someone brought in the blueberry Oreos to work a few weeks ago. While they were passable and a completely edible cookie, they just weren't my kind of Oreo. I would never touch a Fruity Crisp one.
    I am all in on the Red Velvets and the mint ones, though.
  • socalrunner59
    socalrunner59 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    As a very good baker, I'm all about the homemade cookie. For me, nothing compares to a warm, chewy chocolate chunk cookie.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    snikkins wrote: »
    Mega Stuf Oreos have too much filling. They're almost not enjoyable.

The filling is the best part!

Gotta have the right ratio of cream to cookie though.

I agree. For me, the Double Stuf is just too much...stuff. The balance is off.

Someone brought in the blueberry Oreos to work a few weeks ago. While they were passable and a completely edible cookie, they just weren't my kind of Oreo. I would never touch a Fruity Crisp one.
    I am all in on the Red Velvets and the mint ones, though.
    Fruity crisp are probably my favorite of the year. I was never into red velvet or plain mint. Oreo thin mints are a whole other story. :wink:

• cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    eldamiano wrote: »
    Oreos are horrendously overrated. Not bad, but the fact that I have a pack on my desk which is only half finished while having bought about 20 different packets since I acquired the packet originally.... it speaks volumes....

about your lack of humanity...

or more likely, that I am a bit classier when it comes to biscuits.....

You probably don't even know what it is to soak an Oreo in milk until it no longer floats and then squish it between your tongue and the roof of your mouth.

Yep. I like to hold my oreos down into the milk until they stop breathing, then devour, devour, devour. No surrender for the oreo.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Oreos are horrendously overrated. Not bad, but the fact that I have a pack on my desk which is only half finished while having bought about 20 different packets since I acquired the packet originally.... it speaks volumes....

about your lack of humanity...

or more likely, that I am a bit classier when it comes to biscuits.....

You probably don't even know what it is to soak an Oreo in milk until it no longer floats and then squish it between your tongue and the roof of your mouth.

Yep. I like to hold my oreos down into the milk until they stop breathing, then devour, devour, devour. No surrender for the oreo.

This sounds violent... I like you :bigsmile:
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Any new Oreo news?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Any new Oreo news?

I tried the lemon ones, and really liked them. I know, I'm super slow on the uptake. LOL
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    Any new Oreo news?

Candy corn and pumpkin spice oreos at Target. I bought a couple packages of the candy corn ones but haven't tried them yet. I also finally tried the lemon thins and they're ok...They don't beat the golden or normal oreo thins tho.
  • chapiano
    chapiano Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    From an UK prospective all types of Oreo's are gross! Chocolate Hob Nobs all day long for me
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    JeepHair77 wrote: »
    The choco chip oreos are sort of disappointing. That's not to say that they aren't good, they're just not an oreo, really.

This is the year I'll buy the pumpkin spice ones. I'll roll my eyes at myself, but I'll buy them, and I'll probably secretly love them.

Agreed on the choco chip. I like the cookie, but the filing is meh at best.

I bought the Swedish fish ones because I have a morbid curiosity.

Will have to see if I can find pumpkin spice..

~Lyssa
  • cerise_noir
    Options
    I could use some birthday cake oreos right now!

My oreo intake has been severely lacking. I know, I know...punish me. I'm a bad oreo lover.

chapiano wrote: »
    From an UK prospective all types of Oreo's are gross! Chocolate Hob Nobs all day long for me

Cool story bro.
  • ClareGxxx
    ClareGxxx Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Woah I'm glad I live in the uk cos those biscuits all sound amazing.
  • kathrynjean_
    kathrynjean_ Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    A consistent source of disappointment in my life is the fact that we don't get the special edition Oreo flavours in Canada.

I mean, I know they're never going to compare to the original. But I at least want to try!
  • evesmom2
    evesmom2 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I can't believe there is a 36 page thread on Oreos! They are my nemesis and I can't have them in the house or I'll eat the whole package with milk....whole milk...ice cold...and Oreos.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,200 Member
    Options
    evesmom2 wrote: »
    I can't believe there is a 36 page thread on Oreos! They are my nemesis and I can't have them in the house or I'll eat the whole package with milk....whole milk...ice cold...and Oreos.

I can't believe there are 36 pages about Oreos, I can't stand them.

*Dodges the evil stares and reminds everyone that it means more for them :wink:
  • evesmom2
    evesmom2 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    evesmom2 wrote: »

I can't believe there are 36 pages about Oreos, I can't stand them.

*Dodges the evil stares and reminds everyone that it means more for them :wink:

I thought you liked the mint ones?
  • cerise_noir
    Options
    A consistent source of disappointment in my life is the fact that we don't get the special edition Oreo flavours in Canada.

I mean, I know they're never going to compare to the original. But I at least want to try!

RIGHT??
    I've seen the thins, birthday cake, mint ones...